I offer help in various Mathematics, Statistics and Physics related modules/subjects at the University and professional levels and A-Levels. Please read through my profile or enquire for more detail.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I offer help in Financial Mathematics, Econometrics, Time Series, Actuarial Science, Probability and Statistics, Stochastic Calculus, ODE, PDE, Linear Algebra, Complex Numbers, Fluid Dynamics, Engineering Mathematics, Physics, C++ Programming and many other related subjects.
This may be useful for:
1) Undergraduate and postgraduate students studying above subjects and struggling with their projects or preparing for exams.
2) Recent and prospective MSc and PhD graduates who intend to apply for Quantitative roles in investment banks.
3) Those who already work in the City but wish to improve their mathematical level and/or understanding of Derivative Pricing and Risk Management. In this case, the lessons may include Applied Mathematics (Calculus, Differential Equations, Probability and Statistics, Stochastic Processes), Equity Derivatives, Interest Rates and FX, Credit Modelling, Portfolio Risk Management, optional C++ Programming.
I also help with pre-University studies and entrance exams.
The length and contents of studies are adjusted individually. During the lessons, I solve many practical problems, whereas theoretical concepts are explained with no complex proofs but rather in a clear and concise way.
I offer a free no obligation meeting which may include your current level assessment and discussion of the studies.
I am really proud that the majority of my students pass with the first class independently on their initial maths level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
PhD in Applied Mathematics, MSc in Applied Mathematics and Physics.
- How much do you charge?
From £60/hour depending on the module and level. Group and online discounts available.
- Where do you teach?
Central London or Ilford (Essex). I can travel within Greater London subject to an additional charge.
- When are you available?
Weekdays after 6pm, weekends (occasionally).
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
A-Levels, University degree, entrance exams, qualification exams (CQF, CFA, etc.)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype tuition (discount 10%).
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Thank you very much for reading. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require further info or advice.
- What kind of experience do you have?
My skills profile is as follows:
- More than 25 years tutoring experience.
- PhD in Applied Mathematics.
- Highly ranked position in Academia and Investment Banking industry.
- Broad range of subjects covered.
- Availability at short notice.
- Experience of working with students from various UK Universities including Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, London City, Birkbeck, Kings, Durham, Manchester, etc.
- Experience of working with professional clients of various backgrounds from various companies including Deutsche Bank, UBS, Bank of America, ABN AMRO, etc.
- Excellent reputation and high ethical and professional principles.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
N/A as I do not work with children.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
American Mathematical Society, Society of Quantitative Analysts.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My students come from different backgrounds, from A-Level to University students and professionals.
• MSc in Applied Mathematics and Physics
• PhD in Applied Mathematics
• Ruslan Solutions
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|