My teaching methodology involves me initially finding out about what type of worker you are and what learning methods work for you. I then seek to work out exactly what areas you need help with and then proceed further by breaking down the learning material.
With previous Tutees I have used a traffic light system when working through topics within modules to help highlight what areas they feel confident in, what areas they are somewhat confident in and what areas they need the most help with.
I try to support my Tutees both academically and mentally by also offering career guidance and exam support to help deal with nerves, concerns and other worries students face.
I like to help students create clear timetables to complete work and often use a timetable myself to follow to help you keep both parties on track.
I am first class graduate law student who has completed GSCE law, A level law, the Law Degree (LLB) and the Legal Practice Course.
My previous results:
> GSCE Law - A*
> A-Level Law - A
> Law LLB - First Class Honors (75%) where I achieved the highest grade in Employment law, Human Rights law, Social Justice and Law and Religion
> LPC with a combined masters - 71% (Predicted Distinction)
I also have experience working as paralegal in Family Law and Private Client law.
What I can help you with:
- GSCE law, A-Level law, the compulsory subjects for the LLB, Human rights law, social justice law, employment law, law and religion, family law and private client law
- How to make yourself more employable
- How to create a strong CV
- How to write an effective Cover Letter
- Advice on how to become involved in extra curriculum activities
- General exam help (e.g how to structure answers and effectively time manage)
- Revision and pre-exam preparation
Cancellations must be within 24 hours of the lesson. Failure to do so may incur a charge for the agreed time for the lesson. I will always try to accommodate students who need to move the lesson due to unexpected circumstances.
Any time over the first free 30 minutes will be charged at the rate of £17 per hour.
Trainee Solicitor and previous Paralegal.
First Class law graduate who has completed the Legal Practice Course with a combined Masters in Law.
Previous Chairperson of the Law Society at DMU.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Conscientious, diligent and able to work with little supervision
- Attention to detail
- Strong emotional intelligence
- An enthusiastic and curious learner
- Ability to adapt to different environments
- Advanced IT and numeracy skills
Paralegal – VWV – November 2019 to Present
Employment History (Legal)
Paralegal - Bird Belderbos & Mee Solicitors – August 2019 to January 2020
- Drafting: applications to the Court, probate documents, letters of engagement, initial letters of advice and client closure letters
- Preparing: bundles for Court, instructions for Counsel, witness statements, client supplied evidence and other supporting documentation
- Corresponding: with clients, the Court, Counsel and other firms.
- Transcribing: attendance notes of meetings and telephone calls
- Organising: meetings and appointments to ensure deadlines are met
- Researching: new and old areas of law and government guidelines and regulations
- Representing: clients at Court with Counsel, and the firm at educational networking events
Legal Intern – Cox Minhas Solicitors and Mediators – July 2018
- Drafting letters to clients
- Proof-reading, cross referencing and amending documents
- Working closely with a partner on a commercial dispute where whilst working on this case I carried out a wide range of research and managed to discover information that significantly strengthened the clients’ case
Human Resources Assistant – St John’s Academy Trust Marlborough – July 2018
- Managing, organising and preparing employee files ensuring that all files were compliant with data protection legislation
- Advising colleagues on how to maintain compliance with the regulations when filing employees’ documents
- Drafting employee guidance leaflets detailing their rights in relation to pay
Work Experience (Unpaid)
- S J Edney Solicitors, Swindon – December 2018
- Hodge Jones and Allen LLP, London – August 2018
- Robert Buckland’s Parliamentary Office, Westminster - July 2018
- Francis George Solicitor Advocate – January 2016
Employment History (Other)
Shift Leader (P/T whilst studying) – Ninety Six Degrees – January 2019 to August 2020
- Providing a personal service to all customers
- Managing customer complaints
- Managing and training new and existing employees
- Contributing ideas to improve the business’ competition amongst the market by creating new and innovative ideas, engaging with customers via social media and learning new skills and techniques
Barista – The Food Gallery, Marlborough – June 2012 to September 2017
Assistant Manager - The Food Gallery, Marlborough - September 2015 to September 2017
Customer Assistant – Footlocker, Leicester – October 2016 to January 2017
Political Intern - Robert Buckland MP (Solicitor-General) Swindon - August 2015 to September 2015
De Montfort University – September 2016 to Present
- Legal Practice Course and Masters in Law (LPC/LLM)
Electives: Family Law (89%) , Private Client (84%) and Commercial Litigation (67%).
Masters area of research: An analysis of the moral and economical concerns in relation to the welcoming use of Artificial Intelligence in the legal sector.
Expected grade: Distinction
- Law, Human Rights and Social Justice (LLB) – First Class Honours 75%
Private Consumer Law 79%
English and European Contexts 78%
Law and Religion 78%
Human Rights Law 77%
Employment Law 76%
Social Justice 76%
Law of Tort 75%
Law of Contract 72%
Land Law 72%
Equity and Trusts 73%
Constitutional and Administrative Law 71%
Legal Advice Centre 71%
Criminal Law 65%
New College Swindon - September 2013 to July 2015
- A Levels – ABB in Law, Economics and Government and Politics
St John’s Academy Marlborough - September 2008 to July 2013
-12 GCSEs all grades A-A*.
School’s highest grade in GCSE Law (2013)
Top 10% of students in First Year (2017)
Raising and Giving in the Community Award (2018)
Individual Volunteer and Individual Member of the Term Award (2018)
Highest grade of the year in Human Rights, Law with Religion, Employment Law and Social Justice (2018/19)
Founder and Chairman of DMU’s Liberal Democrat Society
Chairman of DMU’s Law Society (previous Treasurer and First-Year Representative)
UK Representative at the European Young Liberals Autumn Congress 2018/19
Campaigner and member of DMU’s Safety Committee
School Research Coordinator for Business and Law
Volunteering with DMU to teach English in Thailand and India
Volunteering with Younite Outreach Project to teach Politics and English in Kenya
Help the Homeless Liberal Democrat Society Campaign
Ending European Street Homeless Campaign
Perfect! Really liked the use of the screen share so we could both work on my work at the same time
Ellie is a very passionate and knowledgeable individual, As well as being friendly and understanding. I would highly recommend Ellie for any level of law tutoring!!
Ellie has given me legal advice on many occasions, all the advice given from Ellie worked in my favour and helped me massively. All information gathered from myself by Ellie was kept confidential and dealt with professionally.
I cannot recommend Ellie enough.
I’ve known Ellie since my A-Level studies and even then, her proficiency in law was evident not only in her grades but also her enthusiasm. As someone who has studied the subject since GCSE level, she is more than capable of tutoring those going through the same thing that she did. Alongside this, her experience in industry at multiple firms can help students get some practical insight as well. Highly recommend!
criminal law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest civil law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, law general lessons for all!
Taking graduate diploma in law lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£17|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£85|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£170|