"I am always looking forward to learn new things in life." -Shikhar Dhawan
Whether you're learning how to make banana bread or studying for your thesis in English literature, the important thing is that no matter how small or how big, you should never stop learning new things. Our brains can hold valuable information, yet we sometimes forget how essential it is to acquire further information.
Also, even if you've finished your formative years and are content with your career, you can still try to gather additional professional skills that will make you more of a valuable asset. For instance, across practically all professional sectors, computer programming abilities are well-liked by employers. So, why not try to become proficient in at least one computer coding language?
Without further delay, we shall focus on how persons in the Birmingham area, whether young or slightly older, can develop Python coding skills.
What Type of Careers is Available for Those Who Know Python Coding?
Before you've taken the time to go through the fundamentals of Python code, perhaps you have some questions and want them answered. Such as? One popular question is, what type of jobs are popular for those who know Python programming?
Although it might be a little strange to consider that there are other employment positions open to Python programmers other than coding, it's important to state that the computer science sector is vast. As a result, there are many jobs out there that value individuals who know code.
The following are some careers that could be yours if you continue learning Python coding:
- Python Developer: with Python slowly becoming one of the most popular programming languages to develop websites and mobile apps, the most common job a Python enthusiast will be proposed is a Python developer. Python developers are experts at building websites, solving data problems, and implementing security protocols.
- Data Analyst: for those who have an analytical brain and who don't mind reading through pages and pages of data, working as a data analyst is for you. A lot of companies look towards hiring aspiring data analysts who also have experience coding Python. Why's that? Data is reviewed using machines, and Python is the top programming language when applied to machine learning.
- Python Teacher: with such a growing demand to learn a computer programming language like Python, there seems to be an abundance of students. Yet, not a lot of educators are instructing Python lessons online or face-to-face. So, if after becoming proficient in Python you think that you have what it takes to teach others, you should become a Python teacher!
Before concluding this section, it's worth mentioning that Python learners have exciting career prospects ahead of them!
Where to Study Python Programming in the Birmingham Region
As one of the most significant metropolitan areas in the United Kingdom, probably even in Europe, Birmingham is bustling with opportunity and a perfect city for full-time or part-time studies. Therefore, the chances of finding computer programming and data science courses are pretty high.
Also, it's worth mentioning that since computer science programmes are at an all-time high of popularity and intrigue, there are some available that will match your budget, specific interests, and schedule.
So, without delaying the matter any longer, let's take a look at the best Python-related courses in the area of Birmingham and its surroundings.
Birmingham Adult Education Service
The Learn to Code course from the Birmingham Adult Education Service is a fantastic option for individuals who want to grasp the basics of programming as an additional skill while still maintaining their regular job.
This course is available for all citizens of Birmingham no matter how old they are and what qualifications they might already possess since it serves as an introduction to coding. So, if you are curious about coding yet don't know if you're ready to make a career of it, this coding programme offered by Birmingham Adult Education is the right fit for you!
The Learn to Code programme lasts 20 hours and is broken down into five weeks with a two-hour lesson of programming per week. Best suited for those who are tech-savvy and know how to use a keyboard, in this learning course effectively, the following programming languages will be taught:
- BBC Microbit,
Take a look at the Birmingham Adult Education Service's website to sign up today before you miss your chance!
Python Training Course by HOTT
Known as the "Hands-on Technology Transfer", HOTT offers many specialised courses to persons who want to become more professional when using a computer or any other form of technology.
The Python Training Course in Birmingham can either be taken live through two methods: face-to-face or remotely via the internet. The Python course lasts a total of 28 hours and is accepted across four days of training.
The following are a few benefits that make the Python course offered by HOTT worthwhile:
- Some course materials are included,
- Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of class,
- Students can retake any portion of a course that has been completed to improve their overall score,
- There are no registration fees or cancellation fees.
HOTT's next Python training course will take place on the 20 of September 2021 and promises to help persons become skilled with Python greatly.
While no previous qualifications are required to take this course, it's highly recommended that students have skills in scripting and some prior knowledge of computer programming.
We can guarantee that if you attend one of the Python training programmes at the previously mentioned schools, you will be preparing yourself to be eligible for some of the top Python coding jobs in Birmingham and around other parts of the UK.
How to Find Python Jobs in Birmingham
Frightening, intimidating, tiresome, and frustrating, hunting for a job is an experience that we all must go through, but very few of us enjoy. Even with a fantastic resume and the right qualifications that will impress employers, most adults struggle to muster the courage to give it their all during a job interview.
However, with some helpful tips and tricks from experienced ones, job searching can be more manageable and enjoyable; is that true for Python programmers too? Absolutely!
The following are a few suggestions that will make finding a programming job in the Birmingham area easier for skilled Python coders:
- Network: if you've taken a programming course through a qualified IT institute, you probably had the chance to meet many professors, instructors, guest speakers, and other relevant individuals that are working in the data science field. Therefore, you're in an excellent position to network and develop contacts that could help you land a job in the future.
- Ask Questions: when searching for work and being interviewed countless times, don't hesitate to ask questions about other jobs that the recruiters may have heard about. In addition, invite your friends and family members to keep their eyes peeled for potential employment.
- Search the Web: the best place to search for work nowadays is the internet, so take a look at sites that frequently post new jobs and apply for as many positions as you can.
Since the internet is the primary place to locate jobs in any domain these days, the following are some sites that might help Brummies find work in coding and data science:
All of the previously mentioned websites will quickly help you locate work relevant to your job as a computer programmer specialising in Python. Hot tip: having a profile on Linkedin is a wise idea!
Hiring a Personal Python Tutor in Birmingham
Have you ever struggled to learn a new academic discipline or a complex topic encompassed in that subject? If so, you're not alone. During our formative years at primary or secondary school and university, it's inevitable not to understand all the information presented to us.
However, there's a solution: hiring a private tutor. Whether you're a child or an adult learner, seeking the assistance of a personal educator is a brilliant idea to rectify any academic issues you may be having. Also, it's worth mentioning; many individual instructors are experienced ones who may not only offer remedial help but can teach you a topic of interest from scratch.
Therefore, if you are having some trouble understanding all the unique characteristics of Python code, we remarkably suggest that you hire a personal instructor. But where and how? By visiting the Superprof site. On Superprof, there are more than 16 million private educators conducting lessons in 1000+ topics of interest, and Python is one of them.
According to the most recent statistics, 51 Python instructors in the Greater Birmingham region currently offer lessons either in-person or online.
With a Superprof, you are always assured of having top quality lessons for a reasonable price. In addition, the instructors are highly experienced and boast fantastic qualifications that make you trust in their teaching abilities. So for what are you waiting? Hire a Superprof today!
In conclusion, if you're in Birmingham and you are now decided to embark on the journey of learning Python, we sincerely wish you the best and rest assured that you are making a wise choice.
The platform that connects tutors and students