I teach Maths and Physics up to A Level, and enjoy working one on one with students to ensure that the exact learning style of the specific individual is met. I can provide exam style questions which work towards excellent grades in the subject at hand, and not only teach how to answer questions but teach the core understanding behind the topic.
I am a medical engineering graduate (graduating with a 2:1) with over five years of experience working with young people and tutoring. Starting in Turkey, I volunteered as a personal tutor working with two students, guiding them through their home schooling curriculum. Following this I worked at summer camps for four years, the final two of those running camps teaching bushcraft skills!
First half hour free!!
Travel up to 10km is £5, £1 per km after that.
The Bushcraft Company
Experience gained working in the USA at camp permitted me to run my own in the UK, taking on up to six members of staff and up to 60 children on a residential survival and bushcraft camp. Tasks included staff management, logistic planning of day to day schedule, training duties, and crowd management.
• Management, appraisal, and appropriate discipline of staff
• Planning and maintaining schedules, whilst keeping an ability to adapt
• Led at full capacity during long work weeks with breaks only when necessary, leading to learning to work during high stress times
• Adapting my leadership and coaching styles on a camp by camp basis depending on the team and capacity of students
• Development of leadership skills by expanding into roles such as tribe leading, whilst camp leading myself
Camp Counselor and Adventure Staff
Cran-Hill Ranch- Michigan, USA
Engaging with children has been a long-standing passion of mine, and how better to indulge it as to spend not one, but two summers working with 7-17 year olds at a summer camp in Michigan. During my first year I was paired with another counsellor and given between 4 and 16 campers to look after each week. Other tasks included coming up with schedules and programming for the day camp program, running sessions teaching Ultimate Frisbee, and general maintenance and cleaning around camp.
My second year I spent running the rock wall and high ropes, as well as facilitating other adventure activities including target sports and treasure hunts. The role allowed me to interact with many different members of staff and campers, and begin to understand what is required to run a summer camp.
• Development of leadership skills, including bringing a group of campers together who previously hadn’t met into a well-developed team
• Communication skills with regards to communicating ideas with other counselors
• Led a group of campers with special needs, and despite being challenging both mentally and physically, enjoyed the week and learned to step out of my comfort zone
• Conflict resolution skills
• Developed climbing and rope course adventure abilities, transferrable to other camps and climbing at university
Diyarbakir - Turkey
Working closely with a family in the east of Turkey I volunteered as an English and homeschooling tutor for two boys, whilst their parents were working with the local church and refugees.
• Gained an understanding of the difficulties faced by those less fortunate through refugee work and teaching English to locals
• Learned patience and calmness whilst dealing with children, whilst developing a manner and aptitude for dealing with difficult situations
• Resilience in high stress environment
• Learning Turkish from scratch through full immersion in the language
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|