I can teach all areas of English: English as a second language, English exam preparation for English learners, as well as English-language literature up to A-Level.
For English langauge I like to focus on the four main core skills: listening, reading, speaking and writing and for literature I take the same approach as I was taught at the Univesity of Cambridge: close analysis of text and contextual considerations to come towards main ideas elicited in the text.
I am a Cambridge-educated English language teacher, with a background in educational publishing and currently an English teacher in a French school overseas.
I spent over six years as an editor for the biggest educational publisher in the world, before moving into vocational publishing.
I then spent a year as a communications and editorial specialist before moving into English Language Teaching full time.
I have been teaching English at primary level for the past three years in a French school and can also assist with primary-level french work.
If the lesson is cancelled less than 24 hours before the agreed date and time, only 50% of the lesson fee will be refunded.
Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge:
BA Hons. English, grade: 2.1
Xaverian College: English, Media Studies and History
Trinity CofE High School: 10 GCSE’s including, English Mathematics and Science
École André Malraux September 2015-Present
• Plan and implement interdisciplinary teaching programme based on French primary-level curriculum
• Advise and assist in the creation and implementation of curricula projects and evaluations
• Participate in strategy meetings and discussions in French
Private English Teacher and Educational Advisor November 2014-September 2015
• Prepared study materials and taught English language and literature to students of all ages and levels
• Prepared University-level students for interviews and admission to international university programmes
• Advised potential clients on language needs
Editorial and Communications Specialist February 2014-November 2014
Search for Common Ground (NGO)
• Prepared and edited articles and reports for publication
• Proposed and developed communications programmes
• Implemented and monitored communications strategies and use of different communication tools
• Established and maintained good communication with principal partners, including governmental bodies and civil society organizations
Hodder Education June 2013-February 2014
• Copy edited, proofread and collated Further Education content in liaison with publishers
• Managed and co-ordinated authors and external content from manuscript-to-production
• Sourced, briefed and monitored external suppliers such as freelance copy editors, proofreaders, freelance illustrators and photo researchers
Production Editor May 2013-June 2013
• Liaised closely with publishers and project managers to project manage assessment and survey material for schools and children support workers
• Sourced, briefed and monitored external suppliers such as typesetters, digital developers, copy editors, proofreaders and illustrators
• Copy edited, proof read and collated material in collaboration with project managers and publishers
Project Editor, Middle East, Africa April 2008-Feb 2013
and Caribbean division
• Project-managed editorial budget, project schedule and management of editorial freelancers and author feedback for Middle East, Africa and Caribbean print and digital content
• Organised and led team and project meetings
• Assessed, researched and implemented improvements to editorial workflows and processes
• Mentored and supported junior members of editorial team
Dorling Kindersley Sep 2007-2008 International Publishing
and Licensing Support Assistant, Global Sales Operations,
• Liaised with international sales teams, production editors and editorial division on a daily basis to create sales materials for use in sales meetings and conferences
Project Assistant (Paid summer internship), July-Sep 2007
• Personal assistant to Digital Licensing managers
• Prepared and attended meetings with clients to negotiate the use of digital content on a variety of platforms.
TRAINING AND SKILLS
Training: TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language) XML Workflow for copyediting, Adobe InDesign (basic); Adobe In-copy editing; Jane Mann Editorial Course; QA: Project Management for Non-Project Managers; Microsoft Excel; Intermediate level; Publishing Training Centre: Managing Digital Projects, Editing in Word, Digital Editing, Copy editing Skills, Influencing and Assertiveness, Data Protection Act.
Arabic and French language student; writer and commentator of international and current affairs. Art and literature lover
Languages: French (B1), Arabic (Beginner)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£150||£200|