"It is essential to have good tools, but it is also essential that the tools should be used in the right way." -Wallace D. Wattles
Learning new things that you never touched on before is a thrilling experience. The uncertainty and the excitement of treading on new adventures that are accessed through newly acquired knowledge is a feeling that brightens your day and helps you work towards a marvellous future.
To have positive moments while learning new things, you must use as many resources as possible. Why's that? Resources such as websites, blog articles, mobile applications, and YouTube videos complement study sessions and make them much more enjoyable than previously anticipated.
Since computer programming has become very popular and there are millions of learners worldwide, various resources can be found online. Such as? Without further delay, in today's article, we shall highlight the best tools that an aspiring computer programmer can use to make their learning experience wonderful!
The Best Learning Tools to Practice Python Programming Skills
Did you know that Python is consistently rated among the top three or four programming languages in the world used by programmers? The popularity of Python cannot be disputed since it is a marvellous coding language that has so many benefits for beginner, intermediate, and advanced programmers.
Python's user-friendliness is why it is so well-liked and because there are so many valuable resources that can be found to make learning all aspects of Python code more manageable.
Let's take a look at the best websites and books to learn Python.
Highly Recommended Books That Talk About Python
While it is true that for a variety of reasons, it might be best to use virtual resources to learn more about Python since you'll be doing most of your work online anyway, some fantastic books have been published to make learning Python much more accessible. Such as? The following are two recommended reads to learn Python successfully:
- Python Crash Course: published by Eric Matthes in 2016, the Python Crash Course book is remarkably suggested by various members of the computer science community. The book begins with an introductory explication of elements and data structures and how to work with strings, lists, numbers, and tuples. Many readers like how the book is divided into two sections. The first being a crash course about the basics of computer programming, and the second half of the book consists of completing three projects for beginner computer programmers. Available for purchase on Amazon.
- Head First Python: the second edition of Head First Python was also published by a talented programmer in 2016. The content of Head First Python is designed to be user-friendly for beginners, so it may lack profound content that is best suited for advanced coders. The illustrations for complex concepts and the chunk-sized lessons make the learning experience very engaging.
While there are hundreds of published books that touch on the topic of Python programming, the two previously mentioned options are enough to get you started.
The Best Websites to Find Learning Tools for Python
If you're learning how to code using Python and you already searched the internet for helpful resources, you probably got pretty overwhelmed. Why's that? Well, as we've stated, Python is so popular and used by many that various computer programming experts publish relevant content to help learners improve their Python programming skills.
So, to make choosing an online resource that specialises in Python, the following are two brilliant websites that are worthy of consideration:
- Python.org: when looking for essential tips and advice on how to improve your understanding of anything, it is highly recommended to go straight to the source. When learning about Python, that "direct source" is Python.org. Not only does Pythomn.org have the official Python language documentation, but it also has loads of downloads, informative videos, podcasts, and access to the developer community. Beginners might enjoy the cheatsheets, quizzes, tests, exercises, tutorials, and guides to improve their Python-related skills.
- Real Python: another site that you should regularly use when learning Python is Real Python. A site that takes an educational approach focuses on the specific topics, issues, and questions that new learners may have, Real Python is a goldmine. If you're already on the website, we recommend listening to their informative podcast that touches on real-life events you may encounter when coding with Python.
Although we could go on and on about the various other sites available as online resources to learn Python, we believe you'll get more than you bargained for by using the options mentioned above.
Highly Recommended Resources to Learn More About Java
As a competitor of Python in the sector of high-level programming languages, Java is also widely used and extremely popular among individuals in the computer science world. Java is also one of the top-five most utilised computer programming languages in the world.
While there are unique features of Java that make it different from Python, both are highly recommended by programmers. However, it's important to state that some prefer to use Java when working for large companies and developing mobile applications.
Without further ado, we will call attention to the best websites and books that Java beginners should use as tools to help them better comprehend the programming language they are learning.
The Best Books to Acquire an Understanding of Java
Websites and blog posts are indeed outstanding learning resources; however, it is essential to mention that since books have existed for centuries and have effectively taught billions about various topics, they still are relevant when learning a coding language such as Java.
So, to encourage reading tangible books once again, the following are the best books to learn more about Java programming:
- Effective Java: highly recommended by many computer programmers who specialise in Java, the Effective Java book written by Joshua Bloch is a brilliant guide to garnering more information about the advanced topics of Java. It is essential to state that beginners might struggle to understand the concepts discussed in Effective Java, so it is best for intermediate coders who want to hone their skills.
- Head First Java: the series of Head First books are brilliant for helping persons learn the basics of any academic discipline or particular skill. This means that the Head First Java book is a gem for starters in the language of Java. The Head First Java book covers essential programming topics such as Generics, Enums, and auto-boxing, to name a few. The Head First Java book has fantastic illustrations and should be your first choice as a beginner.
The previously mentioned books can be purchased online on sites such as Amazon in both digital and paper copies; the choice is yours!
Exceptionally Suggested Websites That Make Learning Java a Breeze
Since the creation of Java programming by Oracle, many experienced individuals have taken to the internet to publish blogs and websites that demonstrate how beginners can effectively learn Java. It is worth stating that some sites are great and others, well, not so great!
To make the selection process easier for our readers, the following are the two most highly recommended websites to consult to learn all the aspects of Java successfully:
- The Java Tutorials by Oracle: to get the best advice, it's essential to consult the programming language creators. Therefore, as is the case for Java, the best website to find resources is the Java Tutorials by Oracle. You'll find excellent tips and tricks about covering the basics of Java, creating graphical user interfaces, and information about specialised trails and lessons on this site.
- Javaranch: Many in the computer science sector are a brilliant place to learn more about Java programming, and the Javaranch has competent resources. Such as? Firstly, beginners can create their first Java program; there are many Java books, FAQs about Java programming, and many persons can test their Java abilities through games. All in all, Javaranch is remarkably suggested since it has an attractive web design and informative content.
We think you'll find fantastic information about Java programming by consulting the previously mentioned websites!
Tips and Tricks to Make Learning Computer Programming More Effective
Instead of being haughty and refusing to accept the advice of others, as a beginner in the field of computer programming, you are wise to consider the tips and tricks from experienced ones in that sector. What are some of the best pieces of advice to learn to expand your professional growth? The following are two practical tips:
- Learn by Practising: without regular practice, it is impossible to get better at computer programming. All of the best programmers will tell you that you need to write code out as much as possible, whichever language you are learning. It is remarkably suggested to spend at least 20-30 minutes coding per day in the beginning.
- Seek Help: one of the worst things a computer programmer can do from the beginning is ignored doubts. Why's that? Unanswered questions lead to more severe programming issues in the future. Ask for help, and don't be ashamed to do so. Great people to ask for suggestions and assistance include your programming tutor, teacher, or trusted friend studying the same as you.
In conclusion, since the internet is a gold mine, we are confident that you will find the right resources for your learning circumstances. Please, don't discredit the options suggested in today's article; they're informative!