My teaching method involves going through questions, answers and ensuring accurate comprehension, as well as providing solutions and easy techniques that will ensure the best possible answers for the future. I aim to perfect English skills for successful practicality.
I am an English Tutor that has been supporting children from the ages of 7-16 (Year 1 - GCSE) for over a year; my abilities and methods are flexible and I am able to adapt my teaching experience to your needs.
Rates will vary depending on the amount of lessons requested.
I am a young and driven individual that is constantly looking for opportunities to thrive. I am organised and able to keep on track in regards to routine/schedules/deadlines, as well as implementing tasks to the best of their potential. As well as being a quick, flexible, determined and a productive worker, I’m consistent and reliable. I uphold responsibilities and always aim to meet my expectations and requirements. I am a naturally sociable individual that can communicate accordingly to not just elder staff but also to younger students. I have a very understanding nature, allowing me to connect and build relationships quite effectively amongst my peers. I believe I am well suited for this employment due to my hobbies, interests and past experiences. This employment would not only suit me personally but would benefit me greatly in terms of my future career, as I aspire to take on English within the teaching field.
• Communication is something I am a natural in as I am always eager to socialise with others, as well as interacting with people confidently. My interpersonal skills are always being developed as I have taken part in many workshops such as Know Your Lane - a workshop that involved young people discussing how they overcame their hardships and succeeded.
• I am able to plan and organise my time wisely in order to complete work to its best standard, allowing me to think ahead so that results are obtained.
• I am capable of taking on leadership roles and responsibilities in order to get the best out my team/colleagues to guarantee a loving and optimistic environment. I believe this is essential in creating a safe and healthy atmosphere.
• I am a good listener; I am able to act on given instructions and use my own initiative to work my way around situations in a decisive manner. This complements my understanding nature, meaning I am able to absorb information and act upon them in a suitable manner.
• I am creative in many different aspects, whether it is interpretation based or being able to adapt to situations. Constructive criticism is something I can always transform into better methods/solutions that will enable me to grow.
Parch Hill: April 2017 – April 2018
Working at this tuition centre has provided me with secure abilities, enhanced capabilities and a foundation for an English tutoring experience. Within this role I have truly grown into a practical individual:
• I started off as an assistant teacher, whereby I helped younger students requiring support and would then mark their papers. Gradually, I moved further up and started working with older aged year groups such as Year 7 – Year 9, until I was capable of then leading my own classes without an assistant.
• I have supported and taught GCSE students Year 10- Year 11 with their English work as well as aiding their English outside of tuition, whether it be with techniques or structure. I have now taught a range of students from the ages of 7 to 16, stretching my flexibility and adaptability to suitor my knowledge to the student’s needs.
• I have marked papers as well as assessments; I’ve written individual reports for students, declaring their strengths and specific areas for improvement and how they can achieve that. I ensure I also pass this information verbally to parents so that they are aware of progress in their child’s learning.
• I was specifically in charge of creating writing sessions which involved going through students creative pieces and offering guidance in regards to exploring wider ranges of language techniques and sentence structures.
• I have also worked with a child who suffers from Autism which allowed me to exercise patience and communication, demonstrating that I am able to work with students of different capabilities.
This working experience has renovated me into a well-rounded person with the potential and drive of becoming a valuable tutor.
House of Tutors:
January 2019 - Present
I have taken on an English managerial position where I alternate between teaching and managing, as well as producing English resources for the tuition centre to use that is apt for ages from Year 1 to Year 9.
• Winterbourne Junior Girls School: September 2004 – July 2011.
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College: September 2011 – July 2016.
- Science: B/C
- Maths: C
- English Lang/Lit: B
- D&T: Resistant Materials: A
- Religious studies: A
- Spanish: B
- Enterprise: B
- Computing: D
COLLEGE/ 6TH FORM:
Norbury Manor Business and Enterprise College: September 2016 – Present.
A- LEVELS (Predicted grades for 2018):
- English (A)
- Psychology (B)
- 3D Design (A)
Queen Mary University of London: English BA
• I’ve been awarded with many certificates and badges for my attendance and punctuation throughout my academic school years, showing I am committed, dedicated and very reliable.
• I have received certificates in taking part in workshops such as Know Your Lane and Jack Petchy, which involved motivational speaking that originated from creative writing.
• I was offered to write a report for the Croydon Citizen on an event I had taken part in called Future Tech City.
• I love reading books; I’ve currently read over 100 fiction/non-fiction books as I have enjoyed reading with a passion ever since I was a child.
• I love writing; I have always been creatively writing since I was a child, whether it be short poems or excerpts of stories. I am currently working on my own novel which I plan to publish one day.
• I am very creative when it comes to design; designing products on paper and bringing them to life is something I am very fond of.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||Not available|
|5 hours||£10||Not available||Not available|
|10 hours||£9||Not available||Not available|