I can teach either one-to-one lessons, or teach a group of young students from 11+ up to A-level. These lessons will be temporarily delivered online due to COVID-19. I found it successful to go through the subjects by following the syllabus, spending more time in my lessons on topics my students struggle with. Once a topic has been covered, I will set exam questions to see if the student has fully understood the content.
I am an undergraduate Mechanical Engineering Student with a strong love for both Maths and Physics. I have worked at a Kumon centre before moving to university, so I have good experience with teaching younger kids. I was also an academic scholar at my secondary school where I achieved 10A* at GCSE and 40 IB points. During school, I was involved in a mentoring system where I gave up lunchtimes to help students achieve top Maths and Physics GCSEs. One student who was struggling with maths, especially algebra, went from being predicted a Grade 6 to achieving a Grade 9. I would love to help other students achieve the same kind of results.
Paramvir Singh Khera
26 Gorway Road, Walsall WS1 3BG
(concealed information) 07(concealed information)
Key Skills and Achievements
• Studied the demanding IB course which requires good time management
• Team player; member of school hockey 1XI and music bands.
• Leadership and communication skills demonstrated through the coordination of hockey coaching sessions for younger boys on Friday afternoons.
• I also helped younger boys at my school with Maths through a mentoring system.
• Currently completing my Gold Duke of Edinburgh award, with the final expedition due to take place in September 2021.
Education and Qualifications
September 2020-2024 MEng Mechanical Engineering at University of Warwick (Undergraduate)
September 2012-2020 King Edward’s School, Birmingham
• International Baccalaureate: 40 points, with 776 at Higher Level
• IGCSE: Mathematics (9), Further Mathematics (A*), English Language (8), English Literature (6), Spanish (A*), RS (9), Geography (A*), DT (A*), Chemistry (A*), Physics (A*) and Biology (A*). Total Equivalent – 10 A* and 1 B
• Gold Awards in UKMT Junior, Intermediate & Senior Maths Challenge and have also progressed through to complete Olympiads for both Maths and Physics.
• Winner of academic scholarship upon entry.
July 2018-now Streetly Convenience Store
I work regularly at the store, sometimes starting as early as 7am on weekends. This shows my commitment and dedication, as well as time management skills to balance schoolwork and other extra-curricular activities with working here.
June 2018 Sterling Accounts
My enjoyment and success in maths over my school career led me to sought for relevant work experience. I gained a practical insight into finance during a week’s work experience at Sterling Accounts. I spent time updating clients’ accounts and benefited from working in a professional environment for the first time.
August 2019 BP
Aside my interest in economics and finance, I also wanted to gain some experience in a professional engineering field. My time at the London BP offices highlighted the importance of teamwork within a multi-billion-dollar mega project as professionals across all engineering disciplines worked as one team with a shared vision: the successful delivery of the West Nile Delta Project.
July 2019-December 2019 Volunteer at Gorway House Care Home
Weekly volunteering sessions here developed my interpersonal communication skills as well as stimulating my creative side by designing activities to run with the elderly. I see the importance in giving back to the community, hence why I wanted to help out in my local area.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£9||£9|