My teaching method is based on my students leaving a lesson feeling better about themselves than when they walked in.
I have over 20 years’ experience within education. I am a well qualified and highly experienced teacher with substantial experience of achieving excellent results at both GCSE and A Level.
I am able to teach GCSE History, Geography and RS. I am also able to teach Sociology, Psychology and Philosophy to A Level.
I also have a track record of mentoring KS4 and KS5 students to achieve their full potential. If a student is stuck, worried about sitting exams or finding the subject a challenge, I can help!
Contact No.: (concealed information)7
Email: (concealed information)
A semi-retired former headteacher with over 20 years’ experience incorporating Human Resource issues, Personnel Management, Recruitment & Selection, coaching and training. I have a broad and proven skillset of working within both the public and private sector. Seeking temporary or short-term positions. Able to travel and willing to consider full or part-time posts.
• Financial management
• Marketing, sales and customer service
• Communication and negotiation
• Project management and planning
• Delegation and time management
• Problem solving
National Professional Qualification for Headship (NPQH)
PGCE in Social Science
IPM Professional Management Foundation Programme (Stage 1 Certificate of Professional Education)
2.1 B.A (Hons) Degree in Sociology,
2 ' A ' Levels in Psychology and Chemistry
'0' Levels in 7 subjects including Mathematics, English Language and English Literature.
Personal Development Coach Oct 2018 - Present
CS Coaching and Development Ltd
342 Grange Rd
Delivering personal development coaching to a range of individuals with a focus on empowering individuals to become leaders who are strategic, confident and have the right tools for personal success. Based on the GROW model, I design and deliver 1-1 and group coaching and training programmes for people wanting to make changes in various areas of their lives including: work/life balance, building confidence, changing career direction, leadership skills, personal accountability and achieving clarity. My clients to date have included middle and senior leaders in education, small business owners and individuals in local authority positions.
Lambeth Academy Sept 2006 – April 2018
Headteacher Sept 2015 – April 2018 Responsible for leading on the strategic direction and development of a large multi-ethnic inner-city school. Working with the Executive Principal to develop and effectively lead on a vision and strategic view for the school; analysing plans for future needs and further development within local and national contexts.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Formulating overall aims and objectives for the school and policies for their implementation
• Working with governors and senior colleagues to deploy staff effectively and recruit new staff
• Motivating, training and disciplining staff
• Ensuring the motivation and achievement of the pupils
• Ensuring the good financial management of the school
• Ensuring the school is up-to-date with innovations, from teaching practices to modern technologies
• Reporting on the school’s performance to a range of audiences, including governors, the Local Education Authority, the local community, Ofsted and others
• Managing accommodation (e.g. classrooms) effectively to meet the needs of the curriculum and Health & Safety requirements
• Assuming responsibility for other legal matters in the day-to-day running of the school
• Assuming responsibility for pastoral care of pupils where necessary
• Resolving major disciplinary issues with pupils, including working in partnership with the police and social services.
• Establish and maintain links or partnerships with the local authority, collaboratives and businesses
• Meeting with other education professionals, and representing the school at conferences and other events outside the school in the local community and nationwide
Vice Principal Jan 2012 – Aug 2015
Responsible for strategic leadership of the Quality of Teaching across the Academy. This included the following areas of responsibility across the Academy: Quality of Teaching, including performance management; quality of self-evaluation within teaching and the curriculum; action planning and target setting; implementing, monitoring and evaluation of quality assurance systems; securing standards of achievement; professional development, leading on Initial Teacher Training programmes, curriculum re-modelling, design and development; day to day operations, examinations and induction of new staff.
Assistant Principal Sept 2010 - Dec 2011
Responsible for the monitoring, evaluation and review of teaching and learning, curriculum development. Overall responsibility for Assessment for Learning and Post-Ofsted action planning; Leading the Academy strategically as a member of the senior leadership team, contributing to strategic planning and leading change; to line manage the curriculum Directors of Learning; to support the Principal on school improvement and to work with the Principal and the senior leadership team on self-evaluation and on the Academy development plan
Curriculum Director of Learning Sept 2007 – Aug 2010
Teacher of Humanities Sept 2006 – Aug 2007
GNVQ Foundation Lecturer Sept 2002 – Aug 2006
Westminster Kingsway College
Teacher of Humanities Sept 1998 – Aug 2002
Branch Personnel Manager Dec 1994 – Aug 1997
J Sainsbury Plc
history lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest geography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, psychology lessons for all!
Taking sociology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£100||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£200||£250|