“What is the fatal charm of Italy? What do we find there that can be found nowhere else? I believe it is a certain permission to be human, which other places, other countries, lost long ago.” -Erica Jong
Italy is a "Coup de Coeur" for many globe-trotters. The enduring love for Italy is entirely understandable. I mean who can resist the smell of Italian leather in markets, the irresistible taste of gelato, the musical sounds of Italians conversing, and the brilliant sites of famous landmarks and buildings?
To keep the Italian dream living months after departure from Rome, many UK citizens have considered learning more about the Italian language and culture to stay inspired in a dull day-to-day routine.
Therefore, to meet the desires of Glaswegians wanting to learn Italian online, Superprof has found the best language schools to attend Italian group classes and the most highly recommended websites to find professional Italian tutors working in Glasgow; read on to learn more and keep the Italian dream alive!
Essential Aspects of Italian Culture
The journey of learning a new language is filled with unparalleled discoveries that incite joy, curiosity, and beautiful experiences.
Acquiring fluency in a new tongue allows for new work opportunities, improved relationships with individuals from other countries that are distinct from your own, and the ability to truly dive in deep and fully explore all the essential aspects of a new culture.
It is important to state that it is highly recommended to learn more about the essential characteristics of the culture, people, and country of the language you are considering to acquire to keep things fresh and avoid discouragement.
Therefore, to peek the interests of budding Italian learners, the following are some essential aspects of Italian culture that will make you love Italy even more than you already do:
- Family is Everything: in many countries around the world family life is important but does not usually spread farther than the "Nuclear family" of the Dad, Mum, and kids. However, in Italy, the family is everything; and it is important to note that not just the immediate family but also the extended family of cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews. Children are taught from a young age to remain close to the family upon adulthood and incorporate their family units later on when they have married. Large gatherings with the entire family eating delicious food are the norm; doesn't that sound nice?
- Italy is Art and Architecture: Italy has given rise to many architectural styles such as Classical Roman, Renessaince, Baroque, and Neoclassical. Some of the most renowned and visited structures are situated in Italy including the Colosseum and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Italy is also home to some of the best museums featuring the best works of art ever created in the cities of Venice, Florence, and Rome. For example, Michelangelo's painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel is an awe-inspiring sight that everyone needs to see before they die. Operas from famous composers like Verdi and Leoncavallo have been listened to for centuries in opera houses around the world. We could spend all day talking about Italy, but you get the point, Italy is a cultural feast!
- The Best Food & Wine in the World: I don't care what anyone else says, Italian cuisine is the best on the planet, and Italians would agree with me. Many Italians believe that work and life should be added to food and drink. I couldn't agree more. Each region has its specialties and food is considered by many to be art in Italy. Enjoying meaningful conversations with family and friends around a dinner table chomping down pasta and sipping wine are Italians favourite moments.
We could talk all day long about the excellent characteristics of the Italian culture that merit careful attention and has unsurprisingly influenced many people, including Glaswegians, to learn Italian. Citizens of Glasgow should consider learning Italian to enjoy a little piece of La Dolce Vita every day!
The Best Language Schools in Glasgow to Learn Italian
Glasgow is the third-most-populous city in the United Kingdom and the most densely populated city in Scotland with over 621,000 inhabitants living in the city area.
Since Glasgow is a major city in the UK, many diverse opportunities and activities can be enjoyed without ever having to leave the Greater Glasgow area. For example, Glaswegians can participate in athletic events, watch football games, and appreciate cultural activities such as watching a play or learning new foreign tongues.
Many native speakers teach languages such as French, German, Mandarin Chinese, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, and, of course, Italian at qualified language institutes in the Greater Glasgow area.
Without further delay, the following are the best language schools in Glasgow to acquire fluency in Italian:
- Language Within: this academic institute located in the heart of Glasgow on West Regent Street conducts language courses in English, Italian, Spanish, Gaelic, and French. They firmly believe that by learning a foreign language another door is open to new opportunities; they are 100% correct! Italian courses are available for kids, teens, adults, and businesspeople. Check out their informative yet straightforward site to read glowing testimonials from past students, acquire more necessary information about individual classes offered, and contact them to enrol to the Italian programme.
- Live Language: probably Glasgow's most renowned language school, Live Language offers courses to interested ones in 17 foreign languages such as Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, Dutch, Arabic, Icelandic, and Italian to name a few. Students may apply for language programmes by sending a registration form, that can be downloaded off the website, to the Live Language email. The Italian language programme lasts 12 weeks with two hours of class time per week. Classes are conducted in small groups with a minimum of five students and a maximum of 14 students. The course costs £179 and learners have free access to language exchange. Check out their website to learn more about dates and times of classes, FAQs, and other essential information.
- The Language Hub: located on Keith Street in Glasgow, the Language Hub specialises in offering exciting, innovative, and affordable language courses to students of all ages and academic levels. The lovely team of teachers are all experienced and are native speakers of the language they teach. Language courses are offered in foreign tongues such as French, German, Gaelic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and Arabic to name a few. Italian courses are varied and cover necessary aspects of language acquisition such as conversation. Beginners, intermediate, and advanced courses are also conducted. Take a look at the website to learn more about class times, start dates, and prices.
The three above mentioned options are fantastic language schools where Italian proficiency can be acquired, and want to know the best part? They all have Superprof's seal of approval. What are you waiting for Glaswegians? Enrol to start learning ASAP!
The Foremost Websites to Find Professional Italian Tutors in Glasgow
Has the idea of becoming fluent in a second language been a dream of yours? You are not alone; many Glaswegians wish to acquire fluency in many foreign tongues. However, it is crucial to state that learning a new language requires time, dedication, and constant motivation and if attending group classes in the evening at a language school doesn't work for you, it's time to reconsider other options.
But, what other options are there?
Let's start by saying that the internet is brilliant; it has changed the way people view the world, and how acquiring new academic concepts and foreign tongues have been conducted. For example, mastering the Italian language can be done outside the classroom on a Sunday morning while still wearing your pyjamas; doesn't that sound terrific?
But, how? Easy, by enlisting the services of a private Italian tutor that conducts online courses.
Therefore, to help pyjama wearing lovers and homebodies in Glasgow learn Italian without leaving their residence, the following are the best online resources to find a qualified Italian tutor:
- First Tutors United Kingdom: since all private educators have undergone ID and reference checking, First Tutors is one of the most recommended and trustworthy tutoring sites. According to the website, there are currently two Italian tutors working in the Glasgow area. They offer online and in-person classes and boast stellar qualifications. Their hourly rates range from £15-30. Take a quick look at their profiles on the website to see if they meet your learning needs.
- Superprof: on our website, there are currently 28 Italian tutors offering their services to interested students. Prices start at £9 per hour and progressively rise according to the expertise and qualifications of the tutor. All of the private Italian instructors are passionate about teaching and conduct engaging lessons that make learning enjoyable. And want to know the best part about Superprof tutors? The 1st lesson is always free!
Learning Italian in the city of Glasgow can be done in a very competent manner thanks to the wide variety of language schools and private tutors offering excellent Italian lessons.
Studying a second language may take some time, but the benefits outweigh all of the sacrifices. All the uncomfortable and humbling moments of learning Italian will be forgotten when you order your first cappuccino in Rome with a perfect Italian accent!
Check out the following blogs to learn more about attending Italian classes in other UK-based cities: