"Let us read and let us dance - two amusements that will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
In today's world, there is so much hate, conflict, and opposition that rob people of their joy and make them feel as if there is no more hope for humanity. Nevertheless, there are some activities that brighten people's spirits and aid them to forget the problems that plague them every day. Such as?
Dancing! Have you ever heard that dancing the night away is the perfect cure? Therefore, without any further delay, we shall consider how citizens of Cardiff can learn how to dance without ever leaving their beloved city.
Why Learn to Dance?
Some may ask themselves, is it indispensable to become a better dancer and learn the moves of a type of dance? The answer is yes! Learning how to move and groove to the rhythm is a fun and engaging experience that all should participate in, even those who have two left feet.
The following are some of the best reasons why citizens of Cardiff should learn to dance:
- Boost in Confidence Level: have you ever been to a party and have needed an extreme amount of alcohol to muster up the courage to dance? If so, you're not alone. Many individuals lack the numbing effects of alcoholic beverages to even think about joining others on the dance floor. However, through dance lessons, students learn muscle memory and essential steps that help them to gain confidence in their skills and overall abilities. Dance lessons essentially help people feel more assured in social situations where dancing is involved and believe us; there are many!
- Entertaining Exercise: many people do not exercise on a regular basis since they view it as boring and non-essential; nevertheless, this couldn't be farther from the truth. Exercise is necessary, and it's possible to find some routines that are fun. For example, taking dance lessons will make you a better dancer but also help you shed some unwanted pounds. After some intensive yet delightful salsa lessons, you're sweating buckets but overwhelmed with joy.
- Get to Meet New People: by attending group dance courses, you have the opportunity to meet other like-minded individuals who are adventurous enough also to learn how to dance. Lasting friendships can be created as you cheer each other on to become better artists. If you are open and socialise, you'll meet great people that will immediately transform dance lessons from something embarrassing to enjoyable.
- Reduce Stress: it's official people are more stressed now than ever before. The pressures of life to provide for a family, to secure a stable job, and manage social situations expertly have made millennials more terrified than previous generations. Therefore, it is necessary to find activities that relieve stress; such as? Dancing! By attending amusing dance classes, stressed and anxious 20-30-year-olds learn to let loose and have fun without thinking of the worries of this world.
Superprof readers, if the previously mentioned reasons aren't enough to convince you to attend dance classes, we don't know what will!
Read the following subheading to find out about the fabulous dance academies in Cardiff.
Highly Recommended Dance Academies in Cardiff
With a population in the more full urban area of more than 479,000 inhabitants, Cardiff is by far the most significant metropolis in the territory of Wales. With reputable schools, tourist attractions, and sports teams, Cardiff is a significant city in the United Kingdom.
Therefore, citizens of the Welsh city of Cardiff have plenty of entertainment options open to them. For instance, there are many dance academies specialising in various dance genres and styles in the Greater Cardiff area. The following are some of the most highly recommended dance schools for adult and children beginners:
- Rubicon Dance: want to learn ballet, jazz, contemporary, hip-hop or tap dancing in a lovely environment with passionate teachers and other dedicated students? Look no further than the Rubicon Dance School in Cardiff! Launched in the city of Cardiff in 1976 as the Cardiff Community Dance Project in the Sherman Theatre, Rubicon Dance has provided excellence to students ever since. There are various dance courses open to adults and children of all levels and previous abilities. An excellent programme offered at Rubicon Dance is for adults with disabilities who want to master dance moves to the best of their abilities. Check out their website for courses offered, prices, and teacher information.
- Saturn Dance: all of the dance classes operated by Saturn Dance are located in and around the city of Cardiff, making it easy for children and adults to attend dance lessons. The majority of dance classes at Saturn are designed for adults who want to become skilled at Latin or Ballroom dances for a minimal fee under the supervision of extraordinary teachers. We hugely suggest viewing the full timetable to be able to observe when and where the distinct dance classes are held. We're confident that the group dance classes at Saturn Dance will please all types of learners!
- Salsa Buena: by far the best place in Cardiff to learn about Latin dances such as Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, and Cumbia, Salsa Buena Dance School was founded by Shahid who is the principal dancer and director of operations. Shahid started to learn Salsa when he was in London in 2001, and after some years he moved back to his hometown to teach citizens of Cardiff the Latin moves he has fallen in love with. Salsa and Bachata classes are offered many days of the week for beginners and advanced students. A highlight of the Salsa Buena Dance School is the Hot Latin Tuesdays which are weekly Salsa & Bachata Classes for all levels from 7.30 pm and FREE dance lessons for all from approx 10.30 pm until late in the night. Great drinks are offered for the type of learners who also want to let loose and have a good time!
The previously mentioned dance schools are some of the best; however, don't limit yourself, do your research and attend various to find out which is the best fit for you!
Can I Learn How to Dance Via Online Classes?
When analysing distinct aspects of modern technology, elderly ones are always fascinated and shocked by what is currently available to all types of people thanks to the internet.
Video chats with people more than 10,000 kms away, electronic bank transfers, and online shopping are all possible due to technology.
For those born in the late 90s or early 00s, we often take for granted all the technological aspects available to us. Nevertheless, since there are so many advancements, we may not even realise which options are currently accessible. For instance, did you know that there is the possibility to learn dance classes online?
We aren't messing around, many dance teachers are currently offering lessons via webcam to students all over the world, and the UK is no different.
How to Become a Better Dancer
While dancing is probably the most entertaining exercise, it doesn't come naturally to all types of people. Some may marvel at the benefits and styles of dance yet feel incapable of performing even the most basic steps.
However, there is no need to fear; Superprof is here to save the day! The following are some essential tips and tricks from experienced professionals on how to become a better dancer:
- Train Body and Mind: while it is 100% logical that dancers need to spend time exercising their body, it is quite confusing for some to use their mind to become a better dancer. How? Spend time doing things that contribute to positive mental health and listening to the voice inside your head when it tells you to stop. The world of dance is quite strenuous, and if you're not careful to guard your mental health, you may become like Nina Sayers in Black Swan!
- Don't Follow the Crowd: to first learn dance moves it is essential to follow the steps of a professional teacher; however, after the rhythm and steps have been mastered add your own style to the movements. By being unique, a dancing beginner goes from zero to hero in no time.
- Be Determined: are you already discouraged by the fact that you barely understand the dance moves? We have one piece of advice for you, don't give up! The only way to become a better dancer is by working hard to improve and practising regularly. Stay strong and be determined to become a better dancer; it's not an impossible feat.
With the information provided in today's article, we are confident that finding dance classes in Cardiff to become a better dancer will be a complete breeze!
Did you know that you can also find highly recommended dance academies in the North Irish city of Belfast?