"The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medecine or the slowest form of poison." -Ann Wigmore
A healthy diet is proven to increase your happiness, life expectancy and overall well-being.
However, many British citizens have erroneous misconceptions about healthy eating because they associate nutritious meals with a lack of flavour and diversity. This is entirely false because healthy food items can easily be made into nutritious, mouth-watering recipes. The secret is knowing how to do it.
Various well-intentioned fitness enthusiasts all over the United Kingdom have aspirations of adopting a healthy diet yet they do not know where to start.
What to do?
Schedule a consultation with a professional nutritionist. These health experts motivate new clients to establish an overall healthy lifestyle. Through valuable suggestions, well-prepared meal plans and constant encouragement, nutritionists help their customers meet their dietary goals.
Nutritionists are experts in the fields of food and nutrition. Due to their professional training, they have a vast knowledge of the correct nourishment, can explain in depth the benefits of nutrition and the positive impact it can have on their client's life. They ask precise questions to plan nutritious diets that fit their customer's needs. They promote a healthier lifestyle at schools, colleges, universities and workplaces.
Nutritionists are the picture of health, and they love to share their dietary knowledge with all who wish to hear!
Finding a nutritionist or dietitian in the United Kingdom is a lot easier than many may think. Superprof is here to offer suggestions about how to see a professional nutritionist near me!
Nutritionists in London
There are two types of nutritionists: those who work in the public sector and those who work in the private sector.
Nutritionists working in public can be seen in schools, hospitals and nursing homes. At these public places, they are busy planning nutritional meals for all those involved. They also raise awareness of the importance of a healthy lifestyle. Dieticians and nutritionists work together to create specific diets for those who are suffering from conditions such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
Those who are working in the private sector run their nutritional practices and dietetics clinics. They specialise in what they know and make a lot more money than those who are working in the public industry. Clients come to them for planned meal schedules that will benefit their digestive system, skin, hormone levels and reduce fatigue.
Thankfully London is a very populated city with many great nutritionists available specialising in different things.
Here are some of our favourite options available in London:
- LEC Nutrition: Laura Clark is a registered dietician motivating and inspiring clients to lead healthy, balanced lives through the consultations, seminars and other nutrition services. Workplace wellness is explored by analysing hydration and snacks while at work. Laura has excellent blog posts about nutrition and stunning reviews from past clients.
- The London Nutritionist: many meal plans and diets are explored especially the Low-Fad Diet which is designed for people who want to lose weight and at the same time adopt a healthy lifestyle. This diet focuses on helping people to make better dietary choices. Meal plans are also very well thought out and start at £95 for a 7-day personalised plan.
- The Sports Nutrition Coach: specialising in sports nutrition for those who are incredibly active and want advice on the correct things to eat. Online nutrition coaching is offered on Skype without leaving the comfort of your home. Sessions are tailored to your needs and cost £85 for the initial assessment and £50 for the follow-up appointments. Recipes and healthy eating habits are highlighted during consultations with a sports nutritionist.
In London, there are so many good quality, professional nutritionists available that are available for hire. For example, on the website Nutritionist Resource, there are 115 working dieticians, wellness coaches and nutritionists in Central London. Check out the link to find one that suits your needs!
Nutritionists in Leeds
Since Leeds is one of the United Kingdom's major cities, there are many professionals working in a wide variety of sectors. For those who have always been health-conscious, a career as a nutritionist was always a no-brainer.
The best nutritionists in Leeds are extremely interested in helping struggling individuals develop a healthier diet and lifestyle. Here are some of our best options in the Greater Leeds area:
- Intelligent Nutrition: a professional nutrition consultancy based in Leeds with over 25 years of experience. Consultancy services are offered for individuals who want to lose weight or adopt a healthy diet, for athletes who want to gain muscle or improve performance and for businesses who have their employees undergo seminars in order to improve the overall health and wellbeing of company staff. Some of the primary reasons to choose this Leeds based nutrition business is for their experience in food allergies and intolerances, expertise in sports nutrition and secular qualifications.
- The Yorkshire Dietitian: Vanessa, the owner and professionally trained dietitian, has over 12 years of experience working with the National Health Service (NHS), with businesses and individual clients. Carefully written articles about nutrition are provided on the website that covers an extensive variation of topics such as vitamins, nutrients and beneficial exercise. The testimonials on the website are 100% positive and Vanessa's services come highly recommended.
Seeking the advice of the aforementioned nutritionists will put citizens of Leeds back into shape and help them to see the benefits of adopting a healthy lifestyle.
Nutritionists in Birmingham
Due to the fact that there have been many articles in recent years highlighting the benefits of a healthy diet, citizens from all parts of the United Kingdom are trying to put into practice the advice from these resources.
Brummies will be content to discover that there are quite a few qualified nutritionists and registered dietitians working in the Greater Birmingham area that can help them with their health concerns. Here are the best options:
- Green Apple Nutrition: Simon Bradley established this company in 2013 in order to help individuals who live with conditions that impair their personal lives on a daily basis through nutritional therapy and functional medicine. Due to Bradley's intensive secular studies, he is able to offer alternatives for those who are struggling with their health. He realizes that every individual is unique and creates a plan that is tailored to their needs. Interested ones can read informative articles on their blog and sign up for the newsletter that emphasizes important aspects of a healthy lifestyle.
- Aligning Nutrition: a highly recommended company operated by Jennifer Stenfelt who is a registered nutritional therapist and health coach that specializes in digestive wellness and weight management. Jennifer offers a 20-minute health review to determine the overall wellness of potential clients and what health advice they require. Personalised health programmes, food intolerance testing and a 21-day digestive rescue plan are available for all interested ones.
Thanks to nutrition courses and health professionals working in Birmingham you can say goodbye to health issues and hello to a wonderful new life!
Nutritionists in Glasgow
Glaswegians are in dire need of consultations and lectures from nutritionists because Glasgow was recently ranked the unhealthiest city in the United Kingdom.
Citizens of Glasgow smoke, drink and eat more junk food than they should. A recent study found that 20.9% of inhabitants don't cook healthier meals because of laziness and 34.9% of Glaswegians smoke!
These sad statistics need to change. Glasgow's inhabitants need to take better care of their health. Nutritionists are essential tools to teach citizens that letting go of harmful habits and adopting a healthier lifestyle will benefit them much in the long run when they do not have life-threatening diseases and illnesses.
Here are some of Glasgow's best nutritionists:
- Achilles Heel Sports Clinic: known primarily as a sports injury clinic, Achilles Heel has qualified nutritionist giving advice and planning meals for people of all sorts such as those who want to manage their diabetes, lose weight and gain weight. 60-minute introductory sessions are priced at £75.
- Dr Katerina Vasilaki: registered dietitian and accredited clinical nutritionist who is the founder of The Mediterranean Dietitian. Katerina has created a 12-week nutrition and lifestyle programme called, "Neglected to Nourished" which follows a healthy, balanced diet, improves your relationship with your body and teaches you valuable recipes that can be used in the future. Shopping lists and individualised meals are prepared for you to avoid asking yourself, "What should I cook tonight?"
- The Bothwell Clinic: nutritional therapy consultations are offered which cost £85 and last 90 minutes. During these nutrition therapy sessions, specialised diets and healthy eating habits will be suggested to help alleviate headaches, migraines, fatigue, insomnia and hormone imbalances. Tips for better skin and smoother digestion will also be discussed.
For a city that is iconically known for its lousy health, there are quite a few impressive dietitians and nutritionists working in Glasgow. It is it never too late to adopt a healthy lifestyle, check out Nutritionist Resource's ten health professionals working in the Greater Glasgow Area. Some offer online consultations via Skype and others extend a free 15-minute session to assess your needs.
Nutritionists in Manchester
Not as bad as Glasgow but not nearly as good as Oxford, Manchester is also ranked as one of the UK's unhealthiest cities.
Poor diets and unhealthy eating habits negatively contribute to obesity, cardiovascular diseases and diabetes that are so prevalent among Mancunians.
Too much of the NHS's budget is being spent on treating preventable lifestyle factors.
Mancunians need to seek the help of professional nutritionists who are skilled at motivating, socially interacting with people of all backgrounds and of course providing valuable health advice for people who are struggling to adopt a healthy lifestyle on their own.
The city of Manchester needs to know that healthier citizens mean fewer trips to the hospital which means less taxpayer money spent. It's a win-win situation for all parties included.
Since Manchester is the second largest metropolitan area in the United Kingdom, there is a vast majority of qualified health professionals. Here are some of the best ones offered:
- JPD Nutrition: recent satisfied clients include the BBC, Shock Radio and the Manchester Titans. Diet plans are exceptionally well prepared and depend on the number of calories you wish to consume each day. These grand diet plans are priced at £60 and include three meals and snacks.
- Angela MacRitchie: a firm believer in naturopathic and holistic treatments. The initial consultation with a naturopathic nutritionist costs £60 for a 90-minute session. These specialised health experts introduce diets that rid the body of any nutritional imbalances that may have been previously experienced.
- Debbie Gallimore: a registered nutritional therapist and wellbeing coach. During consultations, Debbie helps clients choose recipes that include the right foods that will improve your health and overall wellness. Wellbeing courses are also offered at workplaces in a corporate setting teaching employees to take care of their health while on the job. It's a no-brainer because bosses know that healthy employees mean less sick days and more work is done. Debbie offers one on one consultations that cost £70 and include a nutrition and supplement plan.
There are many other great nutritionists to choose from in Manchester on the website Nutritionist Resource. Spending money on your health now is a future investment that will pay off during your golden years. No one wants to spend their last living years plagued with severe illnesses. Therefore, hire a professional nutritionist near you to show you the benefits of a healthy diet!
Why not take nutrition courses so that you will be the one eager dieters search for?
Finding a Nutritionist in Belfast
Belfast is the largest city and the capital of Northern Ireland with a population of approximately 340,000 inhabitants. Many health-conscious Belfastians have been seeking the aid of nutritionists for years; however, on the other hand, new health enthusiasts have only recently started to enlist the help of nutritionists or dietitians to fight back the effects of preventable diseases.
Also, it is important to state that since Belfast is one of the UK's most prominent cities, there are various nutritionists and nutritional therapy clinics offering their services.
Which ones are the best?
Without further delay, the following are the best nutritionists in the Belfast area:
- Vital Nutrition: operated by health enthusiast and qualified nutritionist Jane McClenaghan, Vital Nutrition is a highly recommended clinic to receive health advice in the Belfast region. Jane wants to see her clients make changes and therefore conducts cooking classes, wellbeing workshops, and workplace health programmes for companies that are interested. Visit the Vital Nutrition blog to read beneficial articles about all things nutrition.
- SRD Nutrition: run and owned by nutritionist Saran Danaher, who has practised nutritional sciences in London hospitals and clinics, the SRD Nutrition clinic focuses on helping clients with eating disorders, sports nutrition, digestive issues, and weight loss.
If clients do not wish to leave their own home to complete sessions with a nutritionist, we highly recommend seeking the assistance of one of Superprof's online nutritionists that offer their services in the Belfast region at reasonable prices.
Finding a Nutritionist in Edinburgh
Edinburgh is Scotland's capital and has garnered praise for decades as being one of the UK's most significant centres of further education. Students from all over the country attend classes at a university or institute in Edinburgh to learn more about law, health, education, or nutrition.
Therefore, since there is the opportunity to study nutrition in Edinburgh, many nutritionists have opened clinics to aid Edinburgh-based citizens to make steps toward attaining a healthy lifestyle.
The following are Superprof's most highly recommended nutritionists working in the region of Edinburgh:
- Edinburgh Nutrition: the health experts at Edinburgh Nutrition strongly believe in the concept that you are what you eat. Emma Conroy founded the Edinburgh Nutrition in 2005, after four years of scientific and clinical training at qualified institutes. Also, it is important to state that after more than a decade, Emma has become one of the industry's leaders in the UK helping hundreds of people with their health concerns and problems. Visit the Edinburgh Nutrition website to learn more about their services, prices, and how to book a session.
- Nutripanda: located on Palmerton Place in the city of Edinburgh, the health professionals at Nutripanda are experts and have many certificates to back up their qualifications. The main belief of nutritionists at Nutripanda is that a wholesome diet is necessary for achieving optimal well-being.
The best nutritionists in the Edinburgh area cannot only be found in clinics but also online via private tutoring websites such as Tutorhunt, Tutorful, or, of course, Superprof. Don't hesitate in seeking the advice of a private tutor, a healthier you is just around the corner!
Finding a Nutritionist in Cardiff
The city of Cardiff is a well-known city in the UK largely due to its wide variety of sports venues. However, not only is Cardiff is a sports city but also the largest metropolitan area in the Wales region.
Many professionals have opened various businesses that specialise in helping others optimise their well-being. For example, there are many nutritionists who have decided to open their practices in Cardiff and the following are some of the most highly recommended:
- Whole Nutrition: the professional nutritionists and dietitians working at Whole Nutrition encourage all to take control of their health by addressing the root of their health concern. How can this effectively be completed? By following personalised nutrition programmes that combine both the latest nutrition science with over 25 years of healthcare experience. The qualified individuals working at this establishment help distinct people with different problems such as health & wellbeing, weight loss, sports health & performance, and employee well-being. At Whole Nutrition, nutritional therapy is greatly encouraged and is believed to drastically help clients suffering from problems such as bone and joint support, constipation, digestive problems, high cholesterol, and tiredness.
- Cardiff Nutritionist: Joanne Corvini, the owner, has over a decade of experience teaching individuals healthful facts, wholesome recipes, and simple yet delicious meal plans. Visit the Cardiff Nutritionist's website to read more about fantastic testimonials and distinct aspects of nutrition.
Learning more about nutritionists and the tasks they complete on a daily basis helps citizens of Cardiff become more familiar and comfortable with the idea of hiring a health professional either online or in-person to help them reach their health & wellness goals.
Finding a Sports Nutritionists
Sports nutritionists have programs designed for athletes and fitness enthusiasts that help them perform in an outstanding way. We will now analyze the best sports nutritionists in the UK cities of London, Manchester and Glasgow.
Since London is the UK's largest city, there are many qualified sports nutritionists to choose from. Here are London's best:
- The Sports Nutrition Coach: Michelle Newitt takes a holistic approach to sports nutrition and personal training sessions that can be taken online, face-to-face at her Tower Bridge studio and in the comfort of the client's home or office.
- Rick Miller, Clinical and Sports Dietitian: a trusted functional dietitian who is an expert in clinical & sports nutrition. Rick offers helpful suggestions and diet plans to improve the performance of athletes.
The most highly recommended sports nutritionists with glowing testimonials in the city of Manchester is the following:
- Optimised Personal Wellness: Matt, Dee and the professional team offer personal training sessions and helpful advice to maximize the performance potential of individual clients. They recognize that everyone is unique and plans are created with cutting-edge solutions to meet your short and long-term goals.
Glaswegians have been studied for decades in order to understand the reasons for their poor health and low life expectancy. However, this does not mean that they do not care about their overall health. There are plenty of gyms catering to health-conscious individuals.
The following is the best sports clinic in Glasgow:
- Achilles Heel Sports & Physiotherapy Clinic: run by Katie and Christine who are two sports enthusiasts helping injured athletes across the country achieve their goals and get them back to performance training after an injury. The team includes a dietitian who offers tips to improve the health of clients and training potential.
These are just some of our suggestions offered in three large cities. More sports nutritionists near you can be found on the Nutritionist Resource website.
Helpful Tips from Qualified Nutritionists
When deciding to adopt a healthier lifestyle the biggest mistake we make is thinking that we are eating better than we are. We may believe that we are eating enough fruits and vegetables during the day to compensate for our late night guilty pleasures like chocolate and crisps.
However, it is always best to seek the advice of a professional. As we have seen in this article, nutritionists are food experts. It is their job to investigate food trends and make sure that they are scientifically accurate.
It is better to check with a qualified professional before implementing and removing food items from your diet.
Here are some scientifically accurate tips from qualified nutritionists:
- Eat Enough Protein: eating significant amounts of protein is essential for your health. Many dieticians claim that the recommended dietary intake is too low. A high protein diet boosts your metabolism significantly because it makes you feel so full that you cannot eat any more. Eating proteins in the morning reduce the desire for late-night snacking.
- Try to Avoid Refined Carbohydrates: not all carbs are good and created equally. Refined carbs have been highly processed resulting in most of the fibre being removed. Foods such as white bread, white rice, pasta etc. are empty calories because there are no ingredients. Refined carbs are linked to overeating which causes obesity and unwanted weight gain.
- Saturated Fats Are Not Your Enemy: hating saturated fats was entirely a mistake. There is no link between saturated fats and heart disease. Saturated fats that can be food in dairy products and meats do raise cholesterol but the right kind.
- Whole Plants Are Great: filling up your plate with at least 3/4 of plant foods such as lentils, quinoa, brown rice, beans, whole grains and vegetables contributes to healthy habits and essential nutrients.
- Plan Meals for the Week: finding a day where you have 3-4 hours to cook 4-5 meals for the week takes the stress away from healthy eating. If you have things already prepared, you will not be stressed about what to make when you get home from a long day of work. When you are tired, it is often tempting to throw a box of chips and chicken fingers into the oven because it is a lot easier. Planning healthy meals ahead of time will help you to avoid these dietary mistakes.
There is so much information on the internet for eating healthy, but if you follow the advice of a qualified nutritionist you will never go wrong!
It has been a pleasure for Superprof to show you where to find a professional nutritionist or dietitian in a city near you. I bet you never thought it would ever be this interesting adopting a healthier lifestyle!
If you're an athlete or training for a marathon why not look up where to find a sports nutritionist.