Although most tutors are bland and tend to follow a script, I prefer to adapt to the child's specific needs, using videos, printing challenging worksheets and heeding to the child's own preferences. Efficient and organised, I make my lessons fun and engaging.
As someone with previous experience in 11+ tuition, I've found it to be most effective to tackle the most difficult topics/subjects initially, and then work on perfecting the others. Thus, I base my lessons around specific topics found by the children to be most difficult.
I am an 11+ tutor specialising in English, Maths, Verbal and Non Verbal preparation for year 3, 4 & 5 pupils. My lessons are fun & engaging where students want to come back for more teaching. I am easily approachable and give advise on the various grammar schools in England.
Fun, interactive, practical sessions. Making learning fun and enjoyable. Using a mixture of visual aids and worksheets.
A unique tuition centre for 11 Plus, Common Entrance Exam, KS2 Maths, KS3 Maths, GCSE Maths, A-Level Maths, and IB Maths. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach Verbal Reasoning, Non-Verbal Reasoning, and Maths (Core Maths, Further Pure Maths, Mechanics, Pure Maths, Applied Maths, and Decision Maths). I also teach QTS Numeracy Skills Test. - Tell me about your qualifications.
I am in year 10 currently at a grammar school studying for my upcoming GCSEs. I took the 11+ exam roughly 4 years ago. The most important thing is to practise and that’s why past papers are a great way to prepare.
My teaching method is to wordy methodically through the 11+ topics and to ensure plenty of practice. I like to pay close attention to any areas of difficulty to ensure the child gains full understanding.
Each hold is different so I offer individual lessons based on how each child learns.
I base my classes on personal goals and targets set by the individual during the first session. I prefer to create set lesson plans to show a clear idea on what the student will achieve at the end of the tutoring sessions.
11+ Specialist tutor in Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning. Teaching is practical and innovative. Established Non-verbal reasoning author. I offer an individual service, small group sessions and run free workshops for parents. - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ Verbal and Non-verbal reasoning in English and Maths - Tell me about your qualifications.
- Classes Wide range of subjects offered at SATs, GCSE and A- Level. Offering GCSE ICT, Science and Mathematics all levels and syllabuses. Year 6/7 &8/ 9 SATs and Science Support. Intense support and tuition provided for Maths, Science, Computing and ICT.
My method of teaching is as varied as the individual who wishes to be tutored. There are several intelligences and once I can establish your favoured way of learning will style your lessons accordingly. This will be a mix of auditory, visual, mathematical, spatial or body-kinaesthetic or even musical. Hi Welcome to my page on The Tutor Pages.
- Classes Classes are run in small groups of approximately five students to allow for contribution of students and for independent attention. 11+ classes - available focusing on reading, comprehension, cloze, shuffled sentences, verbal reasoning,antonyms and synonyms. There are 6 weekly tests with a report and to set new goals.
I am specialised English Teacher, with 18 years teaching experience. I work in a mainstream school; as well as coach other trainee teachers for GCSE and A level teaching. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English language & literature, French, 11 plus, and 13 plus entrance exams. - Tell me about your qualifications. I have a degree in English.
I am a university graduate about to start my Masters in International Relations. As well as my main subject of Politics, I am a tutor of English, History, French and Spanish. I have an infectious passion for these subjects and my experience has made me an engaging and patient tutor.
- Classes The unique 11 Plus Courses in Amersham, Beaconsfield, Gerrards Cross and Stoke Poges are structured to give children the confidence they need to sit and pass exams, in a friendly, stress-free environment. Courses focus on three essential areas – verbal, non-verbal and numerical reasoning. - Ages and Levels Covered 11 Plus Tuition Courses for Year 4 and 5 pupils.
My name is Shamim Michael Gammage. I am 25 and a graduate of Trinity College, Dublin. I am currently reading for an MSc in Economic & Social History at Balliol College, Oxford. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I specialise in teaching History from Key Stage 3 through to degree level. I also teach a selection of other A-level courses and give lessons on essay writing and examination technique.
I am a student who has a great deal of experience in tutoring up to GCSE level. The lesson plan will typically be tailored to age. For example, below GCSE level it is important to develop a child's confidence in using a more extensive vocabulary, advanced punctuation and how to better structure sentences for instance, complex, subjunctive etc.
Public Health Doctor | Oxbridge Graduate | Over 10 years teaching experience | Specialist marker for Edexcel - Which subject(s) do you teach? 11+ 13+ Common Entrance Mathematics (KS2, KS3 & GCSE) English (KS2 and KS3) Sciences (KS2, KS3 and GCSEs) Economics (GCSE & A-level) Business Studies (GCSE & A-level) Accounting (GCSE & A-level) A-level Biology.
I am an expert English teacher with over 25 years experience in a prestigious independent school and 17 years examining A level English for three exam boards. - Which subject(s) do you teach? I teach English Language and Literature at GCSE and A Level: Aqa 8700 English Language and 8702 English Literature, Wjec, Ocr, Edexcel and Cambridge (CiE) .
- Classes Standard Membership - - Up to 2 tuition sessions per week. - Mapped to the National Curriculum. - A maths and English course created for your child's individual needs. - Parent feedback at the end of every session. - Regular in-depth Parent Meetings to discuss your child's progress. - No booking required - attend at any time during our opening hours.
- Classes Day Opening Hours Monday 3pm - 7.30pm Tuesday 3pm - 7.30pm Wednesday 3pm - 7.30pm Thursday 3pm- 7.30pm Friday 3pm - 7.30pm Saturday 9.15am - 6pm - Ages and Levels Covered 5 - 14 GCSE - Opening Times Monday - Sunday, 10:30 - 20:30 - Tuition Fees Membership fees from £130 a month, as well as individual pricing.
- Classes Using a combination of carefully structured worksheets and textbooks, your First Class Learning Tutor will devise a programme specifically for your child, to take him or her from the basics of Maths and/or English through to the more demanding aspects of school work. Before you decide to enrol your child with First Class Learning, she/he will be assessed by the Centre Manager.
Dr Puri holds a PhD in mathematical modelling of medical data and a postdoc from University of Oxford. He has plenty of experience teaching Maths around Hillingdon. Dr Puri is an expert in making difficult problems look simple and understandable. - Which subject(s) do you teach? For 11+ preparation, Dr Puri mainly do sample question papers.
I am a strong academic with interpersonal skills developed in the commercial world. I appreciate everyone has different needs and approaches and am flexible and adaptable to ensure that the student gets the best out of the tutoring experience. I take great pride in my work to obtain the best results.
I'm an Australian-Chinese international second-year undergraduate student studying English & American Literature at Royal Holloway, University of London. I have a consistent high second class and first class grade in Renaissance, Victorian, Contemporary, Satirical and American literature and poetry. I have a 8.
Hi I started my career by gaining a degree in Psychology and then went on to become a Qualified Teacher. I have taught in numerous schools in Surrey and Berkshire in all the Primary school years. I am completely familiar with the curriculum objectives for each year. Currently I am tutoring a number of students for the 11+ as well as general KS1 and KS2 tutoring.
I deliver each class with passion. And you, my brilliant student, will simply deliver your best performance on exam day. Every student is savvy.Every student is capable. Every student deserves to pass. With a tiny push, you will unlock your enormous potential.
I present the area to be covered in the session, the 'Tutee' produces their work and practices their skills, improving their accuracy and increasing speed. I use visual/audio/kinesthetic teaching techniques.
I tutor primary, KS3, GCSE, A Level, degree, adults with English as an additional/second language (and IELTS) I believe in building confidence by providing a relaxed and fun environment where the student is able to enjoy learning and employ different teaching methods such as books, games, tests and ICT to retain focus.
Thousands of tutors can teach you 11+ School Exam Preparation,
find private lessons close to Slough.
Pick your own coach to help you learn 11+ school exam preparation. Superprof will help you to find the most relevant tutor: we put together all the teachers skilled in 11+ school exam preparation in Slough and close by.
Whether at home or in a classroom, take advantage of the close supervision in Slough by an experienced tutor. Improve your grades or your performance, refine your accent, work better and more efficiently with someone guiding you.