My teaching method depends on the level of language ability:
- For both child and adult beginners language students, I think it's most important to first learn the sounds of the language. This was ignored in my own language classes growing up, and is incredibly important. I use videos and songs to help the student understand different vowel and syllable sound nuances. I also try to speak in the subject language throughout our lessons, even if that means speaking very slowly and repeating in English if necessary. I will pick one topic every week, and the student can definitely request specific topics (directions, fashion, food, shopping, movies).
- For GCSE language students, I follow the curriculum and adjust my classes depending on the student's strengths/ areas they need to work on. I will help them with any grammar and help them understand their workload and homework. I make sure that students come up with their own answers. I also will speak in the subject language throughout the class, going as slowly as needed, and translating where appropriate.
- For conversational classes - each week we will pick a topic the student is interested in, depending on their linguistic level. I do not limit the student to basics, I am happy to talk about whatever the student is interested in. Examples include: Peruvian food, Brexit (!), classic french movies. Again depending on level, I will print out articles/ pictures on the topic for the student to read beforehand which we can discuss in the lesson.
I am a French and Spanish Modern languages graduate, certified at C2 level. I have spent a total of 6 months living in Paris and 12 months in Latin America (Peru and Argentina).
I am currently studying International Development at City, University of London, specializing in gender development in Latin America.
I teach beginners Spanish - basic vocab, sounds, and conversations
I teach the GCSE Spanish curriculum: grammar, conversation/ oral, topical vocabulary
I teach conversational Spanish - for people who want to practice oral: Beginners - Advanced.
I teach beginners French - basic vocab, sounds, and conversations
I teach the GCSE French curriculum: grammar, conversation/ oral, topical vocabulary
I teach conversational Spanish - for people who want to practice oral: Beginners - Intermediate.
Thanks to my linguistic capabilities, I can help students tackle English grammar.
I also am a part-time journalist and have worked as a Cultural Editor for my student newspaper, so I can help proof-read essays and English work.
I have also taught English conversation classes during my Year Abroad in Latin America for non-natives.
GENERAL LANGUAGE/ CULTURE - Having lived in South America and France, I also love to help the student understand the cultures of these places, showing pictures, and even bringing in examples of cuisine and cultural activities.
- City, University of London: MA International Communications and Development (concealed information)
- Newcastle University: BA Modern Languages (French & Spanish) 2016-2020. 1st class result.
- Dauntsey's School: A2: Art A*, French A, Spanish A; GSCE’S: 8 A* Grades, 2As
- Spanish Language tutoring for various clients, mostly beginners, 2016-present. Please ask for a testimonial if required. I have taught one GCSE student for six months to help prepare, specifically aiding grammar and written Spanish.
- Private English conversation classes during my year abroad in Argentina, Buenos Aires, 2018. I taught two professional men who wanted to get to grips with conversational English. We discussed current news and topics that they were interested in.
- Teaching Assistant from primary to IB level - SAN SILVESTRE SCHOOL, Lima, Peru, February - June 2016. Ignited a passion for making learning fun and easy for kids. Consistently exceeded expectations and offering to organise after-school activities, such as offering to timetable in extra English language classes for students who struggled. Adapted to different roles as English language, drama, and french teaching assistant in Peru, engaging efficiently with teachers, parents, and students clearly in both Spanish and English.
DAPS PRIMARY SCHOOL , Wiltshire, UK – 2013-2015 – Volunteer English and French Teaching Assistant.
- Brainstormed creative new methods of teaching French to young children, such as using games, rhymes and cultural topics tailored to each student. Led group activities such as learning French nursery rhymes, as well as leading 1-1 sessions helping individuals learn colours/ other basic topics.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension -spanish lessons for all!
Taking written expression - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£180|