I am Dr Helen Yu, a PhD from School of Geography and the Environment, University of Oxford. I am an enthusiastic and passionate person. My lessons are open to students of all levels on academic and language training. My students all enjoy my class because it is student centered and it is fun to learn with Dr Yu. If you are looking for someone who understands you and who have been through what you are going through right now and always happy to help, then you are in the right place. A fun and rewarding experience that you have never experienced before is absolutely guaranteed.
Rates can vary and be flexible depending on each case.
I have been giving lessons to students of different levels and from different countries for over 11 years now.
I have touched and changed hundreds of students' life.
Most of them are pursuing or have successfully finished their bachelor's, masters and PhD degree.
• Ph. D. Geography specialized in water governance, integrated water resources management and water politics, 2016. University of Oxford, UK.
• M. A. Master of Engineering, 2010. College of Water Conservancy and Architectural Engineering. Co-educated by Northwest A&F University (NWAFU) and China Agricultural University. First of class.
• B. S. Agricultural Water Resources Engineering, 2007. Dept. of Agricultural Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, Northwest A&F University (NWAFU), China. Distinction. GPA 3.95/4, ranks 1/60.
• Yu, H., M. Edmunds, et al. (2016). "Governance of the irrigation commons under integrated water resources management–A comparative study in contemporary rural China." Environmental Science & Policy 55: 65-74.
• Yu, H., (2016). "Can water users' associations improve water governance in China? A tale of two villages in the Shiyang River basin." Water International 41: 966-981.
• Yu, H., (2017)"Implementing Water Users’ Association in China- a review from local’s perspective." Journal of Environment, Development and Sustainability (In print)
• Yu, H. (2016). "Local institutions and governance of the water commons: Experiences of IWRM from a case study in rural China." Global Water Forum. (concealed information)
• Yu, H., M. Edmunds, et al. (2015). "From principles to localized implementation: villagers' experiences of IWRM in the Shiyang River basin, Northwest China." International Journal of Water Resources Development 30(3): 588-604.
• Yu, H. (2014). "Community-Based Water Governance under Integrated Water Resources Management Reform in Contemporary Rural China." Environmental Management and Sustainable Development 3(2): 1-17
• Yu, H., A. Lora-Wainwright, et al. (2013). "Villagers' perceptions of Water Crises and the Influencing Factors of Local Perceptions: A Case Study in the Shiyang River Basin, Northwest China." The Journal of Transdisciplinary Environmental Studies 12(2): 13-27.
• Qualitative and quantitative research and data analysis such as interviews (face to face and telephone);
• Tutoring and lecturing;
• Academic writing and publishing;
• Research proposal writing and funding application;
• Workshop and conference organizing;
• Conference presentation;
• Public speaking;
• Interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal);
• Teaching (CELTA certified) and translation;
• Gender studies.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest TOEFL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking TOEIC lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|