My name is Margarita Stewart and I give lessons to students from primary school level to 1st year University level in French, Spanish and Italian.
My lesson structure depends on what each student requires, however I find it most beneficial to the student to incorporate as much speaking in the foreign language as possible, even when explaining instructions for an activity that is written for example.
Although I am very methodical in my approach, I know that each student learns and thrives at a different pace, and am flexible to work to where they feel comfortable whilst pushing them to reach their full potential. I'm very friendly and approachable, and am open to suggestions if a student has specific idea in mind for their next class.
My name is Margarita Stewart and I have experience teaching and tutoring Modern languages from primary school level to university level for 3 years, including teaching and tutoring English in France and Spain with a maximum of 20 students per class. I tutor anything from grammar to pronunciation for those who wish to improve their French, Spanish or Italian. I am half Spanish.
Contact Details: Mobile no: (concealed information)8 Email: (concealed information)
University of Sheffield: BA Modern Languages (Spanish, French and Italian) 2013-2017.
Foreign Languages spoken: Spanish: C2 French: C2 Italian: B2
Predicted grade: First -class honours.
French PASS mentor :( Peer assisted study sessions) November 2016- June 2017.
• Organising and carrying out PASS for first and second year French students.
University of Sheffield Student Associate for Learning and Teaching – Since September 2016 -June 2017.
• Organising projects and meetings mind-set.
• Secretary of group and blog-writer.
Educational Qualifications: Sharnbrook Upper School, Bedfordshire
A level grades: Spanish: A, French: A, English literature: A, Fine Art: A
Previous employment summary:
Primary school English Assistant, Monistrol-Sur-Loire, France March 2016 -June 2016
• Time divided between teaching English in a nursery, a lower school and a technical college.
• Private English and Spanish tuition to three children aged 9, 12 and 17.
Primary school English assistant, Novelda, Alicante August 2015-January 2016
Year aboard under Erasmus programme in Spain and France
• Teaching English to a class of 15 students aged between 6-12, translating class instructions from English into Spanish to ensure students understood all tasks clearly.
• Preparing classes in advance based whilst liaising with the head of department to ensure all topics were covered to a high standard.
• Creating a friendly yet focused class environment by encouraging students to have confidence in speaking a foreign language in front of their peers.
• Designing and making the stage setting for the Christmas musical ‘ Rock the baby’ whilst also being he narrators and liaising with the director.
Au Pair, Vitoria, Spain July 2015-August 2015
• Teaching child of 8 years of age English by preparing morning classes and speaking Spanish throughout the day. Ensuring learning English was exciting by creating games.
• Taking her to tennis class, preparing her lunch, packing her sports bag .General supervision whilst her parents were at work.
• Immersing myself in a new way of life and family. Visiting the Guggenheim in Bilbao, Pamplona and Jaca on weekends with the family.
Monarch Airlines Customer Service Agent April 2013-September 2013, June 2014-September 2014, July-August 2016
• Translation of documents from Italian, Spanish and French into English and vice versa.
• Answering phone calls in a call centre environment in English and Italian, Spanish and French.
• Booking, cancelling and amending flights. Dealing with queries and difficult calls in a calm and professional manner.
• Treating confidential cases and paper work with care and a professional outlook at all times.
• Administrative tasks such as stuffing envelopes and replying to emails sent from customers.
• Using initiative in difficult and complex booking situations, whilst liaising with previous agents who dealt with the same client previously, to ensure high quality customer service.
• Sales of flight extras and holiday packages.
Further skills and experience:
• Part of the local gym, writing a blog, travelling, reading, art, dancing, running and cooking.
• Theatre- Actress, Soloist and Costume Designer for Hispanic Department Musical Evita
• Freelance translation
• University of Pennsylvania (Coursera) – Buddhism and Modern Psychology 93%
• Public speaking, time management, initiative, creativity, communication, leadership, administrative and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Power Point.
• Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Excel.
References: References available on request
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||£25|