I first establish the students' level, desires and interests. I then tailor my teaching to their needs. I believe in drilling through interactive activities, repeating but escalating the difficulty, and making sure that each time the student has something new to go home and try to internalise.
I am an experienced tutor, translator, author and musician with long-term experience of all things China and Chinese. My tuition has won much praise online, my Chinese-language songwriting has been the subject of features in China Daily and on Guangdong Television, and I have written about China for the Los Angeles Review of Books.
I am an experienced and versatile tutor with a high-level and international background. As a native English speaker who taught myself Chinese as an adult, I understand what it takes to go from beginner, to competent, to conversant, to fluent in one of the world’s most intimidating languages.
I am also formally qualified to teach Creative Writing, Essay Writing, the Guitar (in all genres), and English as a second language.
• Fluent in Mandarin
• Author whose work has been accepted for publication by Open Democracy, Fair Observer, The LA Review of Books and more.
• MBA at EU Business School, where I scored the highest grade.
• Corporate communications professional who completed four years at Midea Group, a Global Fortune 500 company
• Creative Writing: I have had multiple short stories published and my Chinese-language songwriting has been the subject of features in China Daily and on Guangdong Television.
Education and Training
- MBA at EU Business School: I majored in Human Resources, and attained the highest grade.
- CELT Literary translation course: I took this intensive course in September 2014 at Huangshan University. It was in association with China’s Foreign Language Press and the British Arts Council.
- New Economic Powers: I took this online course at Oxford University in 2013.
- Creative Writing & Personal Development MA: Sussex University in 2005/06.
- Film & Literature BA: Sheffield Hallam University from 2002-2005.
- Grade 8 in Classical Guitar: Obtained in 2004
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|