Hi. I'm Ilona, freelance accordion player and teacher based in London. Originally from Finland, I moved to London in 2016 to study at the Royal Academy of Music - and I'm still here!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
All styles and genres, keyboard and button accordion. Specialised in classical accordion.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Bachelor of Music, Sibelius-Academy, Finland
Master of Music, Helsinki University of Arts, Finland
Professional Teaching Diploma from the Helsinki University of Arts
Master of Arts, Royal Academy of Music
DipRAM- diploma from the Royal Academy of Music
- How much do you charge?
£40 per hour. However fees may vary depending on location and travel time.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at home, but I am also happy to travel to locations around Central London.
- When are you available?
I teach seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages from beginners to advanced students.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Current accordion teacher at the International School of London.
Before moving to London, my positions included:
Accordion teacher at the German School of Helsinki, Finland
Accordion teacher at the Adult Education Centre of Espoo, Finland (teaching adults up to the age of 82)
Substitute teacher and member of the Exam panel at the KÃ¤pylÃ¤ Music School, Finland
I have also an extensive experience as a private teacher.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
• Master of Arts (MA) & DipRAM, Royal Academy of Music
• Professional Teaching Qualification, University of Arts, Finland
• Up-to-date DBS Certificate
accordion lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|