During the working week I hold evening classes between the hours of 6 - 10pm. I have more flexibility at the weekend. Lessons are 1 hour each and are catered specific to the requirements of the client. I request that clients clarify the areas of focus/revision before each lesson so that teaching time is optimised.
I'm a Qualified Chartered Accountant with 17 years of experience in accounting and finance.
My aim is to explain complex accounting concepts in a clear, concise and understandable way for students or business owners.
I tailor each lesson specific to the students requirements. Each lesson shall be followed with a set of notes for the student to revise and practise with before the next lesson. I make all my lessons fun, enjoyable and relevant to the real world.
I have worked in a variety of industries including Media, Energy, and Financial services, so bring an extensive level of practical experience. I trained with a Big 4 and acknowledge the demanding requirements of studying whilst working.
My qualifications include
2. Masters in Economics
3. Bachelor in Economics
If you are a student at school, university or undertaking professional examinations (AAT/CIMA/ACA/ACCA) my coaching shall facilitate your understanding of the subject matter. If you are a business owner that wishes to learn the keys concepts of bookkeeping, management accounting, financial reporting, cash flow management and taxation this is a service I also provide.
QUALIFICATIONS: MA Economics 2:1
4 Higher Grades (3 A’s, 1 B)
7 Standard Grades
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: ACCA
Fully qualified Member – 10 years PQE
COMPUTER SYSTEMS: Microsoft Word and Excel, JD Edwards, Cognos, SAP
March 2018 - Present Cambrex
• Lead and develop the financial accounting team.
• Lead the execution of the accounting close for nominated entities, ensuring that financial accounting data is compiled in an accurate and timely manner.
• Develop and maintain a monthly reporting dashboard.
• Managing the statutory financial reporting process
• Establish KPIs which effectively measure the performance of the team.
• Review journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Prepare and review quarterly and annual group reporting schedules.
• Understand and comply with Sarbanes-Oxley controls. Co-ordinate the documentation and testing of processes and controls and lead the SoX audit for your nominated entities.
• Work with members of the financial accounting team to ensure that the entities falling under your remit are compliant with regard to VAT, corporate tax and financial statement filings.
June 2016 – April 2018 Scottish Power
• Preparation of all disclosures at a subsidiary account level
• Preparation of all additional disclosures/ segmentation information
• Perform detailed trial balance analysis at an FI company level, highlighting and resolving issues
• Manage the annual review of open GRN and Purchase Orders and highlighting issues with the business
• Ensure the release of deferred income and rechargeable activity
• Support the Senior Finance Manager contributing to the overall responsibilities of the Finance Control Team
May 2014 – Dec 2015 Capita
• Production of monthly management accounts
• Budgeting and forecasting
• Analysis and explanation of budget variances
• Management responsibility for Finance Analysts
• Accountable for full balance sheet reconciliations with any discrepancies investigated and corrected
• Continually develop and improve financial processes and procedures to ensure control and efficient operation
June 2011 – May 2014 Sky Plc
Senior Financial Analyst
Preparation of all components of monthly and final accounts associated with Sky Talk and Broadband. Analysis of weekly revenue and subscription data. Maintenance of internal controls.
• Prepare and complete monthly P&L, Balance Sheet and Working Capital submissions.
• Perform quarterly reviews of expenses to ensure reasonableness of allowable expenses.
• Preparation and completion of SOX controls specific to Sky Talk and Broadband.
• Supervise and review progress of Assistant Accountants.
• Liaise with Commercial Finance to gain insight into developments affecting the Sky Talk and Broadband areas.
• Establish and maintain good working relationships with auditors and colleagues.
March 2008 – June 2011 JP Morgan
Statutory Reporting Accountant
• Preparation of all components of interim and final accounts and associated monthly reconciliation packs for a variety of funds.
• Prepare accounts in SORP format with supporting schedules.
• Prepare corporation tax and income tax computations
• Perform quarterly tax reviews
• Preparing monthly reconciliation packs
• Resolve review points highlighted by senior fund accountants
• Liaising with auditors, trustees and clients
• Training junior team members
• Actively improving processes and procedures
September 2003 – February 2008
• Audited a variety of clients in the financial services industry including captive insurance companies, funds, fund managers, pension fund, trusts and trust companies
• Duties involved liaising with clients, scrutinising financial data and delegating tasks
• Exposure to audit clients within various industry sectors including Financial Services, Property Investment, Pension Schemes, Manufacturing and Public Sector
• Undertook IFRS, UK Limited company audits, group audits, audits of UK subsidiary’s of US SEC listed clients
• Supervision of junior members of staff
• Preparation of external and internal reports
• Quality control of audit work
• Upheld the professional reputation and service quality pertaining to KPMG
accounting lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, tax system lessons for all!
Taking ACCA lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|