My teaching approach would be to first ask the student if there is anything in particular they would like to go through. For instance, I would be happy to help them with any school work/homework they are struggling with. I would then teach the student about a new topic that would be thought to them at some point during the academic year. I believe this headstart will enhance the student's ability to understand things in the classroom better. Moreover, I will adapt my teaching style to each student by assessing what methods work most effectively for them, as I am well aware that not all children learn in the same way.
I am a recent First Class graduate in Accounting and Finance, who has also studied Maths at GCSE and A-Level. I achieved A grades in Maths and Statistics at GCSE and a B grade in Maths at A-Level. Since the start of 2020, I have tutored children in English (up to Year 6) and in Maths (up to GCSE level). I have previous experience of working with children, as I used to be a Sports Leader which entailed organising sporting activities after school for primary and secondary school pupils. Moreover, I have tutored my younger cousins (who are 12 and 14) in English and Maths.
Transportation costs can vary, depending on the distance.
An Accounting and Finance graduate (with work experience), who has very strong communication, organisational, time-management and leadership skills; seeking a Tutoring role.
2016 – 2020 BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance with a Year in Industry
University of Kent, Canterbury.
• Classification: First Class Honours.
• Modules studied include Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, Taxation, Auditing, Principles of Finance, Business Law, Introduction to Economics and Maths & Statistics for Accounting.
• Developed research and writing skills through studying these modules and writing reports, as well as communication skills through group presentations.
2008 – 2015 Ursuline Academy Ilford, Ilford.
• A-Levels: ICT (A), Mathematics (B), Biology (B).
• GCSEs: 10 A grades (Mathematics-A, English Literature-A and English Language-A).
07/2019 – 08/2019 IFS Intern – PwC, Middle East
• Assisted the Travel Operations team in Dubai, through collecting travel information surrounding Visa requirements to visit the Middle East.
• Moved to Dubai for the duration of the internship, which conveyed my adaptability to work in new and unfamiliar environments. Also, I experienced working with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
06/2018 – 06/2019 Industrial Placement: Finance Intern – Chubb Insurance, London
• Spent the year on secondment to the Finance team. Rotated around different finance departments such as Financial Reporting, Treasury and Finance Communications. I learnt a vast amount about how business processes generally work and how each finance function relates to each other; significantly increased my business awareness.
11/2015 – 06/2018 Sales Advisor (Part-time)
Dune London, Oxford Circus, London.
• Worked with a team of six in a competitive, commission-based environment. This required efficient teamwork and communication skills – resulting in improved interpersonal skills.
• Learnt leadership skills and learnt how to empathise with others.
• Was selected to take part in ‘The Rising Stars’ scheme (a supervisor training programme) and was presented with a ‘Silver Award’ due to excellent customer service.
IT skills: competent user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook. Also familiar with using online platforms such as Skype and Zoom.
Other skills: full, clean drivers licence since May 2015.
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Sports Leadership Programme: was a Sports Leader during secondary school, where two other students and I hosted tennis sessions for primary school children. We also held sports sessions in our school as an after-school club for the preparatory pupils.
• Learnt how to work with young children by making the activities engaging and by practicing patience.
• Frequently visited St Joseph’s Rest Home during secondary school, which mainly required reading to patients and organising activities
• Visited a nursery in India for two weeks in 2016 and was asked to lead in group activities.
• Often help my younger cousins with their English and Maths homework.
• Took part in Bollywood dancing in my final year of university; met new people and performed shows which improved my confidence.
• Enjoy playing sports such as netball and rounders with my friends, as well as taking long bike rides.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£170||£150|