I have been teaching the Alexander Technique since 1988. It teaches you to recognise and consciously change long standing habits, leading to improved balance, posture and freedom of movement, and at the same time fostering a sense of well being.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
The Alexander Technique
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a Member of Society of Teachers of Alexander Technique (MSTAT).
- How much do you charge?
I charge £40 per lesson which lasts approximately 40 minutes.
- Where do you teach?
My teaching studio is in Fulham, South West London, off the King's Road and just a five-minute walk from Fulham Broadway underground station. With easy transport connections, pupils come to me from central London, as well as the surrounding areas of Chelsea, Kensington, Hammersmith, Putney, Wimbledon and Wandsworth.
- When are you available?
I am available from 8.00 a.m. until 7.00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and all levels.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
The Alexander Technique is a skill for life; it gives you a fresh look at the way you think and move.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have been teaching for more than 16 years. In addition, since 2004 I have been a member of the team training new Alexander teachers at the Constructive Teaching Centre. I have also run introductory group classes at Kensington and Chelsea College.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained with Dilys and Walter Carrington at the Constructive Teaching Centre in London.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have a range of people coming to me for Alexander lessons for various reasons, including:
- helping to improve posture, breathing and vocal problems
- alleviating headaches, neck, shoulder, back and other joint pain
- managing conditions that affect movement such as RSI, arthritis, sciatica, scoliosis, Parkinson's
- helping cope with, and recover more easily after, surgery, illness or injury
- managing or overcoming anxiety and stress
- helping lessen discomfort during pregnancy
- improving overall health and well-being
• The Society of Teachers of the Alexander Technique
alexander technique lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|