I am a certified teacher and a concert pianist based in NW London. I am thriving to do nothing else but help my students find strong individual artistic voice together with correct technical tools to achieve best results.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach classical piano performance at any level, basic conducting skills, chamber music and vocal coaching.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Royal Academy of Music:
MA (September 2017 - graduating July 2019)
BMus (First Class Honours, September 2013 - July 2017)
LRAM teaching diploma (Distinction, November 2016).
Central Music School, Moscow, Secondary Vocational Education Diploma with Highest Honours (2009-2013)
- How much do you charge?
I have a flexible system with basic charge of £40 pounds per hour: discounts for multiple lessons.
- Where do you teach?
As I don't have a piano at home, I am travelling within 30 mins from Central London. Northwest London is ideal for me.
- When are you available?
I have a flexible schedule.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Any: from complete beginners to advanced performers.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM exams, auditions, competitions, festivals.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
"Tell your story. Don't try and tell the stories that other people can tell. Any starting writer starts out with other people's voices. But as quickly as you can start telling the stories that only you can tell, because there will always be better writers than you and there will always be smarter writers than you, but you are the only one." â€• Neil Gaiman
I would like nothing else but to hear your story in your music!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Within my three years of teaching experience I have worked with students of all levels: starting from complete beginners (preparing for ABRSM Prep Test) all the way to working on the most advanced repertoire such as Rachmaninoff Concerti, Chopin Ballades, Prokofiev Sonatas, Liszt Hungarian Rhapsodies.
As a concert pianist I have by now performed in 10 different countries, won numerous awards and competitions and possess a unique Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa to work in the United Kingdom. Having trained in both Moscow and London I consider myself extremely lucky to be able to connect the two best traditions of piano playing!
• Encuentro de Musica Festival, Santander, Spain (2017)
• Farley Music Festival, Farley, United Kingdom (2017)
• Encuentro de Musica Festival, Santander, Spain (2016)
• Piano Festival at the Royal Academy of Music, London, UK (2016)
• Romantic Age Festival at the Norden Farm Centre for the Arts, Maidenhead, UK (2015)
Most notable solo recitals:
• Bechstein Piano Centrum, Hamburg, Germany (2017)
• Remenyi House of Music, Toronto, Canada (2017)
• Tchaikovsky Conservatoire Great Hall (Rubinstein Museum), Moscow, Russia (2017)
• Steinway Hall, London, UK (2016)
• China Exchange Centre, London, UK (2016)
• Private concert in Dublin, Ireland (2015)
• Nordstrand Kirke, Oslo, Norway (2015)
• Wigmore Hall, London, UK (2014)
• St. James's Piccadilly Church, London, UK (2014)
• Grace Place Church, Chicago, USA (2012)
• Randers Musik Skole, Randers, Denmark (2011)
• Museum of Ancient Glass, Zadar, Croatia (2011)
• Moscow Conservatoire Small Hall, Moscow, Russia (2011)
• Gnessin Academy Great Hall, Moscow, Russia (2009)
• Gallery Victoria, Samara, Russia (2008)
• Music and Time Museum, Yaroslavl, Russia (2006)
• St. Petersburg Academic Chapel, St. Petersburg Academic Chamber Orchestra, Russia (2007)
• Gnessin Academy Great Hall, Gnessin Virtuosi Orchestra, Russia (2006)
Most notable chamber concerts:
• Chapel Royal with Margarita Balanas (cello), Brighton, UK (2017)
• Encuentro de Musica Festival with mtra. Isabel Charisius (viola) and mtro. Ivan Monighetti (cello), Santander, Spain (2017)
• Sheraton Grand Park Lane Hotel, Music Teacher Awards for Excellence ceremony with Aleksandra Li (violin), live-streamed to the ClassicFM Facebook page, London, UK (2017)
• Encuentro de Musica Festival with mtro. Alexander Rudin (cello), Santander, Spain (2016)
• Piano Festival at the Royal Academy of Music with Sean Morgan-Rooney (piano) and Tara Mansfield (soprano), London, UK (2016)
• St. Mary's Perivale Church with Chieri Tomii (violin), London (2016)
• Leatherhead Methodist Church with Timothy Ridout (viola), Leatherhead, UK (2016)
• Colston Hall piano trio with Roberts Balanas (violin) and William Robertson (cello), Bristol, UK (2015)
• St. James's Piccadilly Church with Rebecca Robertson (trumpet), London, UK (2015)
Awards and Prizes:
• Francis Simms Prize, Royal Academy of Music, London, UK (2017)
• Philharmonia Orchestra Fellowship, London, UK (2017)
• Entrance Scholarship at the Royal Academy of Music for postgraduate studies, London, UK (2016)
• Mrs. Doris Ethel Blake Prize, Royal Academy of Music, London, UK (2016)
• Jaques Samuel Intercollegiate Piano Competition, finalist,
London, UK (2014)
• Full Entrance Scholarship at the Royal Academy of Music for undergraduate studies, London, UK (2012)
• Special State Scholarship of the Government of Russian Federation, Moscow, Russia (2012)
• Yury Rozum charity foundation scholarship award,
Moscow, Russia (2011)
• International Carl Filtsch Piano and Composition Competition, 1st prize, Sibiu, Romania (2011)
• 8th International Balys Dvarionas Competition for Young Pianists and Violinists, Grand Prix Laureate and special prize For the best performance of a Classical composition, Vilnius, Lithuania (2008)
• 6th International Young Pianists Competition Step Towards Mastery,
3rd prize, St.Petersburg, Russia (2007)
• 7th International Valsesia Musica Juniores Competition, 1st prize,
Varallo Sesia, Italy (2006)
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Enhanced DBS check certificate issued 07 Nov 2017.
- Where and with whom did you train?
Principal Study Professors:
• Prof. Christopher Elton (2013- )
• Prof. Alexander Mndoyants (2009-2013)
• Prof. Ada Traub (2000-2009)
• Prof. Tatiana Vorobyeva (2000-2009)
• Prof. Felix Andrievsky (London, 2013-2017)
• Prof. Dmitri Bashkirov (Santander, July 2017)
• Prof. Plamena Mangova (Santander, July 2017)
• Prof. Ivan Monighetti (Santander, July 2017)
• Prof. Nicola Benedetti (London, January 2017)
• Prof. Levon Chilingiryan (London, November 2017)
• Prof. Gyorgy Pauk (London, November 2017)
• Prof. Joanna MacGregor OBE (London, September 2016)
• Prof. Michel Beroff (Santander, July 2016)
• Prof. Alexander Rudin (Santander, July 2016)
• Prof. Pascal Nemirovski (London, January 2016)
• Prof. Douglas Humpherys (New York State, USA, July 2012)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a member of the Musicians Union.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My students have been successful in mastering different repertoire, passing their ABRSM exams with merit and distinction, participating in international competitions.
• 1st Class BMus (Hons) from the Royal Academy of Music
• 1st Class LRAM Teaching Diploma
• Enhanced DBS check
• Musicians' Union
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£45||£45||Not available|