I am a professional sax and clarinet player with over 26 years experience of playing with orchestras, wind ensembles, jazz ensembles, function bands, and big bands.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach all Saxophones (Soprano, Alto, Tenor and Baritone) and Clarinet in all styles including jazz, classical and contemporary. I am available to mentor all types of bands including symphonic wind band, jazz ensembles, wind choirs and big band.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have successfully taught saxophone and clarinet for over 26 years as well as instructing 40 piece wind orchestras and 17 piece big bands.
- How much do you charge?
My lessons start at £35 ph. A discount is available for block bookings of four lessons or more.
- Where do you teach?
I teach all over West Sussex but can travel to Guildford, Camberley, Ascot and Bracknell.
- When are you available?
I am free to teach during the day and most evenings apart from Fridays and Saturday.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach from age 8 to adult.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I work from the ABRSM, Trinity and Guildhall syllabuses.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am able to tutor you in the comfort of your home via Skype or FaceTime. Payments can be made through PayPal.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Music should be fun and I aim to make your lessons as enjoyable as possible.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I was a member of Royal Air Force Music Services for over 26 years where I held the position of Principal clarinet and Principal Alto sax with the world famous Central Band RAF. I was lead alto sax with the RAF Squadronaires big band and have played with professional bands all over the world including the Pasadena Roof Orchestra, Nick Ross Orchestra and the London Swing Orchestra. I have performed and recorded with famous artists including Will Young, Sir Cliff RIchard, the Four Tops, Imelda May and many more.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied clarinet under Colin Courtney and sax under Jo Fooks.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I currently teach a wide range of students from 12 adult .
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|