I adapt teaching methods to the capabilities and interests of individual students. I link the study of mathematics to real world problems in physics, science and engineering to stimulate pupils' willing to learn and I challenge them according to their ability.
I studied applied mathematics with the Open University and I have completed a PGCE with QTS to teach maths at secondary school with the University of Cumbria. Moreover, I have completed a postgraduate degree in Nuclear Fission with the University of Leeds and I have performed research in the field of computational fluid dynamics. I am currently teaching mathematics at secondary school, KS3, KS4 and A-Levels.
We would need to agree travelling costs in relation to distance.
September 2018- August 2019. Postgraduate diploma in nuclear technology for third and fourth generation fission reactors. My research project involved the creation of computational fluid dynamical models (CFD) with the solver NEK5000.
Using the spectral element method, I modelled turbulent particles-laden flows for the nuclear industry, solving the equations of Navier-Stokes with direct numerical simulation (DNS) and high-performance computers (HPC).Finite element analysis using Ansys APDL.
September 2017- July 2018 PGCE in secondary mathematics with QTS, The University of Cumbria.
October 2013- June 2017 Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Open Degree in Applied Mathematics, The Open University, upper second class.
September 1994- July 1999 Diploma in modern languages: Italian, French and English. Liceo “G. Nolfi”, Fano, Italy. Equivalent to GCE advanced level grade A*-C.
BSc. Open Degree 2:1
• Business Studies (pass).
• Personal Finance in context (pass).
• Discovering Mathematics (pass) mathematical models, statistics, trigonometry, geometry.
• Essential Mathematics (distinction) vectors, differentiation and integration, series, complex numbers, etc.
• Pure Mathematics (distinction) proof, group theory, linear algebra, analysis, etc.
• Mathematical Methods, Models and Modelling (grade 2) ODEs, PDEs, Newtonian mechanics, advanced vector calculus, multiple Integrals, etc.
• Mathematical Methods, Modelling and Fluid Mechanics (distinction) PDEs, Kinematics of fluids, statics, heat transfer, vector fields, Laplace and Diffusion equation, Navier-Stokes equations, Reynold numbers.
• Optimization (grade 2) mathematical modelling, Iterative methods, linear and integer programming, constrained linear and non-linear optimization.
• Deterministic and Stochastic Dynamics (grade 2) Random motion and probability, calculus of variations, maps, chaos, Lagrangian mechanics, Fourier Transform.
• Quantum Mechanics (grade 2) Wave mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Physics of Matter.
Teacher of mathematics, supply work.
November 2019- January 2020.
Teacher of mathematics, Bicester School, KS3 and KS5. I am teaching year 7,8, 12.
August 2019- January 2020 Teacher of mathematics, Heyford Park free school, KS3 and KS5.
I taught year 7,8, 12,13.
September 2018- July 2019
Student, University of Leeds, Next generation nuclear.
September 2017-July 2018.
PGCE student, University of Cumbria, secondary mathematics. My first placement was at Shelley College in West Yorkshire, an outstanding secondary school, where I have learnt the fundamentals of teaching. My second placement was at Batley Boys High school in Leeds.
October 2013-August 2017.
Full-Time student, The Open University, BSc Applied Mathematics. I have also worked on a part-time basis in different establishments to support my studies.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|