I believe that through private, one to one tuition a student gains in confidence, and therefore begins to achieve their full potential.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Latin, Ancient and Modern Greek, All Classical Civilisation Subjects and German.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Classical College Athens Greek Graduation Certificate, 9 A levels (A Grades)
BA Hons Degree (German) from University of London
MA Classics University of London
- How much do you charge?
I charge 30£ per hour for all my lessons, apart from A level subjects and exam preparation, in which case i charge 40£ per hour.
I do provide discounts on advanced payments and/or group lessons.
During half term/school holidays I organize revision classes (Latin, Greek, Classical Civilization Subjects) at very competitive rates.
Please make an enquiry.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at students' home as well as at my home. I Live in Teddington and can travel to Central London,WC, SW, W,N, and Surrey.
- When are you available?
I am available weekdays and weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and levels. I am always happy to receive any enquiry.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I prepare my students for Common Entrance Exams, GCSE, IGCSE, A levels and Undergraduate Level (with Greek or Latin).
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can tutor via Skype and/or email.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
- Spread the lessons out. If you are thinking of having 10 lessons a week before exams, I would suggest you begin 10 weeks before your exams having one lesson per week.
- Set goals in order to reach your final target successfully. Target should be Specific, Measurable Achievable Relevant and Timed.
- Having a tutor is not replacement for studying. You should guard against complacency and ensure that you work outside your lessons.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have ten years experience of teaching and tutoring Latin, Classical and Modern Greek (I am native Greek speaker).
My experience includes working with students of different ages and abilities.
I keep myself updated by attending regular seminars ran by Academics (JACT, ARLT) or Exam Boards (OCR,AQA).
I use a variety of teaching methods for Language Learning tailored to the individual needs of each student.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes i have an updated enhanced DBS (formely CRB).
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained in Athens and London : Classical College Greek Graduation Certificate ,Goethe Institute for German Teaching Diploma,
University of London BA German (Hons), MA Classics University of London.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am member of JACT Joint Association of Classical Teachers, and member of ARLT The Association for Latin Teaching.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
Currently I am busy preparing two students for AS and A2 exams in Classical Civilisation/ Latin and Ancient Greek,
I tutor two students for GCSE Latin and two for GCSE German.
In addition i teach (part-time) Latin in a State Secondary school, and a Prep School in London.
• BA (Hons) London.
• MA Classics London.
• Enhanced DBS.
• Member of The Classical Association.
Working with Argiro enabled me to have far more confidence and understand key themes and ideas in the epic i was studying. I was able to interpret more sophisticated anwsers and demonstrate a more deeper, annalytical understanding.
Without her help i would not of got my A grade in AS, and entered A level with such confidence.
Thanks for all your help - really was so beneficial.
I wanted to thank you for the additional help you gave me at the beginning of the year; i got 3 A*S and 1 A yesterday; with an A* in Classics.
I just wanted to thank you again for your help with the Classical Greek at A2 level. I am delighted to tell you that I got an A and a place at Cambridge!
Thank you for all your marvellous Latin tutoring support. Ann got an A* in Latin GCSE which we are all delighted with.
greek lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|