I tend to use a combination of teaching techniques, handouts, live cookery demonstration, superivsed pro active cookery classes, hands on instruction, eat what you make and tutoring whilst learner is doing. Happy to create a bespoke extended cookery course.
Long standing high end chef with CAVA and PTLLS teaching qualification, chef of the year winner, available for 1-2-1 cookery classes, group classes at a location of your choice. Classic cooking skills, cooking with a healthy twist baisc to skilled.
Flexible hourly rate, travel costs dependent on location of class, distance to travel etc but happy to discuss. Learner provides ingredients from a pre submitted ingredients list for the desired dishes. Tutor can shop for ingredients cost of ingredients plus standard hourly rate applies.
JONATHAN PAUL BROWN
A highly motivated and experienced chef trainer with a wealth of experience in the high-end hospitality sector. Proficiency in all sections of the kitchen. Extensive experience teaching and training a diverse range of employees and team members in a work-based environment. Experience in live cooking, skills development and demonstrations.
2013-2016 HALF MOON, GREATHAM, UK
2008/2013 THE DUCANE, GREAT BRAXTED, UK
2005-2008 WORLD WILDLIFE FEDERATION, MAPUTO, MOZAMBIQUE.
1997-2005 VERMONT HOTEL, TAZ GROUP, NEWCASTLE, UK
1995-1997 BLANC RESTAURANTS GREAT MILTON, UK
1988-1995 L, ORTOLAN, READING, UK
1986-1988 LE PETIT BLANC, OXFORD, UK
1985-1986 HOTEL SONNENHUGAL, BAD KISSINGEN, GERMANY
• A comprehensive knowledge of cuisines and cooking methods.
• An extensive knowledge of fish, meat, poultry, vegetables, baked goods, plated desserts, multi portion desserts, afternoon tea fancies, pastries and pastes
• Accomplished communication skills, both written and verbal developed through previous management roles.
• Proficiency in all areas of the hospitality sector.
• A comprehensive knowledge of nutrition, food allergies and intolerances
• Experienced trainer, tutor and mentor. Enthusiastic team player
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook Express
• Clean driving license
• Enhanced DBS check (Certificate Number 0(concealed information)5) (Issue Date 02/10/2018)
• Eligible to work and reside in the UK.
• LEVEL-3 HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE WORKPLACE
• LEVEL-3 FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE FOR CATERING
• CERTIFICATE IN FOOD ALLERGEN AWARENESS
• CAVA EDEXCEL LEVEL 3 CERTIFICATE IN ASSESSING VOCATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT
• BTEC LEVEL 3 AWARD IN EDUCATION & TRAINING (PTLLS)
• Playford Ros "Young Chef of the year 1992."
• North East Chef of the Year 1997/1998
• Acorn award for achievement 2002.
• Evening Chronicle Essex Chef of the Year 2010, Essex Newcomer Restaurant of the Year 2010/11.
• Essex Life Chef of the Year 2011/2012, mentor to the 2013-2012 Essex Young Chef of the year.
• Finalist for Essex Life Small Restaurant of the Year 2011/12
cooking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest baking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, healthy cooking lessons for all!
Taking vegetarian cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£18||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£15||Not available|