I offer sessions in line with what the student wants to get out of but by playing to their strengths with a focus on strengthening their weaknesses. I work towards making workshops as relevant and appropriate for the student's needs and for them to be able to apply it so to make their own works. I plan to professionally project manage, with full planning and programming responsibilities; as well as taking on new methods of filmmaking to a high and competent standard.
I'm an Award-winning Writer Director graduated at the London Film Academy in the UK.
I won the script competition at the 2017 Cape Town International Film and Market Festival, for my feature script Ronald and also won the Development Award at the NFVF for this feature.
This true story is based on his father’s courage to have become one of the first opera singers of colour to have sung professionally during the apartheid regime in South Africa. A documentary of his father's life was produced by KYKNET
I got shortlisted at the Cannes Directors Fortnight Talent and the NFVF Black filmmakers fund for his feature film script 'My Shadow Laughed’ which is now in preproduction.
I won awards and got nominations for his short narrative films which are in the festival circuit worldwide. I directed British icon, Sir Donald Sinden in Blowing Dandelions selected by festivals internationally.
My abstract film ‘See how they run’ made in South Africa was officially selected at the Paris Silhouette Film Festival. Nathan produced and directed children’s dramas and got nominated at the International Children's Film festival Bangladesh for best director.
These films were selected as the Official Anti-bullying films in the UK associated with the Anti-bullying Alliance and the National Children’s Bureau. They also got programmed and premiered in over 18 Picture House Cinemas across the UK.
I produce and direct commercials, music videos, online video content for MTV International, EMI records, Sony BMG, Hogarth's UK, Spring Studios, Century Media UK.
I produced and directed visual works as a resident at Cortoformo Art Collective in Spain, Access All Areas / Bradbury Studios working on social awareness campaigns, exhibiting works at the Hackney Museum, South London Gallery and the Barbican Cultural Centre in London.
The recent campaign I worked on was with Access All Areas on their Mad House Re-Exit project where I was commissioned for 3 years to create works and made a total of 50 videos including 23 videos for their final project including adverts, short films, documentaries, installations and a hologram.
The project was about people with disabilities who lived in long-stay hospitals in the ’50s and ’60s.
Heres a link to the write up in the Timeout magazine.
I was also commissioned to direct films for Lewisham’s Hate Crime campaign where I created 11 short films for them.
I currentky work for Film Creatives ((concealed information)
NATHAN THEYS WRITER DIRECTOR’S CV
Professional award-winning writer director, with years of experience to fulfill the requirements of a company’s needs.
I’ve worked on various brand campaigns making various types of broadcast and online content. I’ve an extensive knowledge of managing big teams, expensive budgets and reaching deadlines for projects from start to finish.
• London Film Academy – Film directing and Producing
• New Africa Theatre Association – Directing and Theatre Acting
• Cape Town University of Technology – Business Management
• WINNER Best Feature Script Cape Town International Film Festival – Ronald
• WINNER Development funding from the NFVFSA Funding Body Feature Ronald.
• WINNER Best Short Film Filmaka - Truth or Dare
• Shortlisted Cannes Directors Fortnight Quizanne Des Realisateurs French Directors Guild
• Shortlisted Blackfilmakers Fund NFVF Funding - My Shadow Laughed
• Official Selection BFI Shorts on tap 2016 Voices of Africa - I waited a long time
• Official Selection Durban Gay Lesbian Film Festival / Shorts on tap - Blowing Dandelions
• Official Anti-bullying Film UK screening @ 18 UK Picture House Cinemas and the Rio Cinema iFuture My Future
• Official Selection Nominated best Short Documentary film Silhouette Film Festival Paris
• Official Anti-bullying Documentary Film UK - What Happened to J?
• Official Selection Soho Rushes - Heroin(e)
• 4 Million Youtube Hits - Paradise Lost
• 10 million Youtube Hits - In this moment
• 3 Million Youtube Hits Swingle Singers
CURRENT AND MOST FREQUENT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE:
Film Creatives Productions – Film and video content Director / Producer / Editor / Writer
90 seconds UK - Film and video content Director / Editor
Sharky and George UK – Head of Film and video content - Director / Editor
• Creating and overseeing complex, innovative and effective promotional brand campaigns, based on lateral concepts where appropriate.
• Coming up with and present a number of ideas/concepts for projects.
• Manage large-scale promotional projects, across all media and for all platforms - commissioning and briefing staff/contributors as appropriate.
• Originate promotional material by directing and/or producing studio or location recordings (either video, audio or still photography).
• Work within the budget issued, including resource management and the contracting of resource personnel - working closely with the team Production Manager / Coordinator.
• Obtain by negotiation the best possible value for money for the client.
• Liaise with content producers about their programmes, and develop strong working relationships with internal / external stakeholders including talent and their agents.
• Work closely with craft personnel, briefing them effectively to produce the required material.
COMMERCIALS / ONLINE CONTENT:
• Red Points Promotional 90 Seconds UK
• Waldo 90 Seconds UK
• Castle Trust 90 Seconds UK
• Soap and Glory Hogarths UK
• Wella Spring Studios UK - Producer Alec Christie
• English Bites Home School Tutoring
• HST Online Home School Tutoring
• Vista Private Jet, Online Promotional Sharky and George Vista Jet Producer Vicky Higgs
• Kurk Geiger, Online Promotional Quintessentially UK Producer Jean Anne Bond
• 350 Online Content Videos Sharky and George UK – Various Producers
• Dior Natural – Sketch UK Advert Film Creatives - NK Films Producer Nicholas Kyriakides
• Fashion Outlet Promotional Film Creatives - Producer | Director Nathan Theys
• Evenus Winter Wonderland, Online Content Film Creatives Kayak Productions Producer Alec Christie
• Euro Car Park Promotional Film Creatives Producer | Director Nathan Theys
• Somerset House, Online Promotional Evensus Kayak Productions Producer Alec Christie
• London Fashion Week, Online Content Organic Jam Evenus Producer Alec Christie Nathan Theys
• Interview of Morrissey, Online Content O2 Wireless Producer | Director Nathan Theys
• Dancing with myself, Commercial Kodak London Film Academy Producer Nathan Theys
• Never – Sasha Lee Davis (Idol Winner) Mad Little Badger Fugard Theatre SA
• Paradise Lost, Faith Divides Us Death Unites Us Century Media, EMI Records Producer Alec Christie, Nathan Theys
• Black Cab Theatre Access, Trapped Rythms All Areas - Producer Nick Llewellyn
• In this moment - Call Me Century Media, EMI Records - MTV Producer Nathan Theys
• The Swingle Singers - Libertango IMG Artist- Plan C Producer Nathan Theys
• Clement Marfo Breath of Fresh Air Creativity Media – JWT Media, Overcoast Producer Chris Brookes
• Seville – Walk Sony BMG, MTV Overcoast Producer Chris Brookes
• The Haze – Ghost Dancer CPL Entertainment - MTV Producer Nathan Theys Dave Gulvin
• Katie Nichols – Heart of Gold JWT AGENCY BVH and Shazam Overcoast Producer Chris Brookes
• No Wonder – Do it Overcoast US BBC Music Videos – MTV Producer Chris Brookes
• No Wonder – Straight Outta Chobham Overcoast US BBC Music Videos – MTV Producer Chris Brookes
NARRATIVE / DOCUMENTARIES:
• Ronald, Feature – In Development Dark and Light Films and Mad Little Badger
• Mad House Re-Exit 23 Videos Documentary / Installations / Short Films / Holograms - Access All Areas, South Barbican, Shoreditch Town Hall - London Gallery Producer Nick Llewellyn
• Equal Opportunities (Short film – Documentary) United Response – Sophie Cooper
• My Shadow laughed, In Development Mad Little Badger – Producer Nicki Priem
• Blowing Dandelions, Short film Arcadian Fields – Producer Carys Williams
• My Riot, Short Film – Post Production Film Creatives - Producer Paul Veer
• Hate Crime, 7 Short films (Short film – Documentary) Advocreate / Lewisham Borough / Arts Council Producer Joanna Hart
• 6-12, Short - Film Kayak Productions LTD – Producer Alec Christie
• See How they run (Short film – Documentary) NT-hayz Films Producer Marianne Dantu
• Access All Areas Various (Short film – Documentary) Access All Areas Producer Nick Llewellyn
• WIKI, Resident Artist Filmmaker Researcher (Short film – Documentary) University of East London Rix Research Centre
• Black Cab Theatre Access All Areas Documentary Producer Nick Llewellyn
• Blood Orange, Resident Artist Corto Formo Producer Luis Celumondo
• Loop Art Gallery Deptford X Installation Producer Nathan Theys
• Anomaly, Short Film Film Creatives – Producer Kesia Guillery
• I waited a long time, Short Film Film Creatives – Producer Nathan Theys
• Its ok to be different, Short film Film Creatives – Producer Nicholas Kyriakides
• iFuture My Future, Short film Film Creatives Anti Bullying Alliance – Producer Ciara Brennan
• What happened to J?, Short film Film Creatives Anti Bullying Alliance – Producer Ciara Brennan
• Herion(e), Short Film Link Productions – Producer Len Trusty
• Truth or Dare, Short Film Link Productions – Producer Len Trusty
• Chicane, Short Film London Film Academy – Producer Joseph Mann
• Directors UK / Directors Guild Great Britain
• Producers Guild PACT UK
TRAINING AND INITIATIVES:
• Life’s a pitch – David Keatan’s Pitching workshop – Directors UK
• Script Workshop RADA Studios Actors Lab
• Head of Production – Hogarth UK - Alec Christie
• CEO - Head of Post Production – Film Creatives Productions – Nicholas Kyriakides
• CEO Director – Nick Llewellyn - Access All Areas
• Camera: Super 35mm, Super 16mm, Cannon 5D iii, 7d, C300, Sony A7ii and RED, Black Magic Pocket
• Editing: Final Cut x, 7, Avid, Adobe Premier Pro, Photoshop, After Effects, Da Vinci, Colour Finale
cinema lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest production lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, script writing for film lessons for all!
Taking script writing for television lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|