I am very person-centred. I will listen to your motivation behind coding, your goals, and any doubts or questions you have.
Your lessons will be built around you and will be relaxed, conversational and dynamic. We might have small weekly assignments, bigger projects that take multiple weeks, or a simple Q&A format. I’m happy to work in a way that suits us both.
I am experienced enough to know that our plan will develop and grow as you do. The important thing is we get you to your goal - whatever that is.
There are multiple paths to becoming a professional coder - I’m excited to help you find yours.
I also provide discounts for bulk booking lessons - just drop me a message for more info.
I am a self taught web developer and coder who now runs a digital web agency. I taught myself HTML 17 years ago and over the years grew my experience through freelancing, working in agency and eventually founding my own business.
I am now experienced and active in a wide range of areas including:
- Web development (front end and back end)
- Web design and UX
- Dev project management
- Recruiting and training new staff, often in intern/junior roles
- Client communications and sales
- Business ownership and the commercials of the web industry
The only thing I love more than web development is teaching web development (and maybe coffee).
I will teach you any and all of the below:
- HTML and CSS
- PHP and MySQL
- Using frameworks, libraries and plugins
- Wordpress development
- Development with a backend PHP framework
- Pre-compilers e.g Sass and Webpack
- Visual design skills including design principles
- Git and Github
- Software tools used in real dev teams
- Where and how to buy a domain and web hosting, to get a website online
I will also:
- Provide tips to become more employable
- Explain what it’s like working on a real team i.e using your skills in practice
- Show you how you can set your CV apart
- Show you my agency’s set up and how we work
- Introduce you to relevant people in industry, where appropriate
Perfect! With the aim of getting into Front End Web Development Tom's been a great help. Being experienced in this field and a variety of other web-related Tom's provided me with a series of practical tasks in order to build my portfolio and eventual employability. Since I started my lessons with Tom the studying process got more structured in contrast to prior attempt at self-study. That lead to a great leap in improving my web dev skills.
Slav is eager to learn, dedicated and asks great questions.
Tom was my boss at my first dev job, and I would recommend him as a tutor to anyone! He is patient, knowledgeable, and extremely passionate. You will learn so much!
In the 3 and a half year I have known Tom he has taught me a wide range of skills. He's always pushing me to accomplish more and broaden my skill set. He is supportive and nurturing and above all extremely patient!
I've worked alongside Tom for over 7 years, he's knowledgeable and creative, but more importantly very supportive and caring. I've known a good number of web developers and Tom remains the most skilled in HTML/CSS, with high attention to detail and a depth of experience.
HTML lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Learning isn't a problem, CSS lessons for all!
Taking PHP lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£55||£50|