My teaching method will be based around how you like to work. I will assist you in what you want to learn. I will predominately base my lessons around teaching sewing by hand and machine. I will help you to build up confidence to be able to draw a design be able to make a pattern out of it and then turn that into a garment! Don't be shy these designs don't have to be wearable! anything goes.
I have been pattern drafting, cutting and sewing since I was 14. I was self taught but I have studied fashion from GCSE to now and only improved on and learnt new tricks to the trade.
I understand as fashion students we all have different skills and requirements so I can help a small group of you doing various different things. You tell me what you need help with and I will assist you to feel confident enough to do it yourself!
Lessons I can help with -
1) pattern making, cutting and toile-ing.
2) Bespoke tailoring techniques and methods.
3) grading patterns.
4) Hand sewing techniques.
5) machinery - basic machine, tailors machine, overlocker, button hole machine.
6) how to press your garments.
7) page and portfolio layout.
For any sewing lesson I would advise you to have a tailors thimble but it is not required.
I am a BA Bespoke tailor looking to work with fashion design students who need a little extra help with the sewing, pattern cutting or pattern making side of things as I know its not always taught as throughly as you may need to make your designs! I have worked for two bespoke tailors in Liverpool, and studied fashion design BTEC instead of completing A Levels. I also can help you to use Photoshop and illustrator to some extent. I am still a student at UAL - so I have easy access to any site!
Travel costs may change depending on what zone I'm travelling too. If we are meeting in a mutual location such as university campuses it will remain at £3.00.
*I have access to all UAL Campuses*
I will send you an equipment list before the class. If you don't have something its not a problem let me know. there are various techniques I can show you that uses different equipment so please don't buy anything unless you know you prefer that method.
- any machine sewing jobs please provide a machine as mine is too large to travel with. -
I gained my GCSE’s at St Edwards College and continued my education at The City of Liverpool College. I am now furthering my education at London College of Fashion. (BA Hons Bespoke Tailoring)
Mathematics (A); English Literature (A*); English Language (B); Science (B); Additional Science (B) Business Studies (Distinction Level 1) Textiles (A*) Short Course PE (B) RE (C)
1 BTEC L3 90 Credit Diploma Health and Social Care (Pass Merit)
1 BTEC. L3 90 Credit Extended Diploma Fashion and Textiles - (Merit Distinction Distinction)
January 2016 – July 2016 Tailoring Assistant, H.Coleman Tailors Liverpool
• I observed as the tailors made suits.
• I did alteration jobs such as lengthening or shortening, trouser hems or cuff lengths. Tapering trousers.
• I did finishing’s on a jacket such as prick stitching or ladder stitching.
• I helped with pressing and removing all basting threads getting it ready for the customer to collect.
• I assisted on measuring customers.
Understanding important processes in the process of bespoke tailoring and learning how it has become more contemporary
April 2019 – August 2019 Fashion and Tailoring Internship Nylander Couture
• Researching ways to source fabrics and contacting them
• Using Illustrator to create technical packs.
• Researching sustainable and durable fabrics
• Researching and understanding how to make clothes more durable.
• Understanding and learning how the business ran. Pr1
• Learning about the CEO and what his motivations were for starting a business.
• Emailing various companies asking for sample packs and If we requested a bulk of them.
please note - although I have never taught officially before as you know we like to teach and help each other out on our courses. I have also helped out in first year classes on how to do certain techniques.
Perfect! she is really patient and made me feel really comfortable
fashion design lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sewing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, sewing machinery lessons for all!
Taking fabric printing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£23||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£165||£200|