I am a British native speaker with a Bachelor of Honours in English Literature, History and Psychology. I hold fully accredited advanced TEFL qualifications including qualifications in teaching IELTS and TOEIC. I welcome all adults including university students and I will commit to your individual needs as a student. I teach all aspects of IELTS and TOEIC including correcting all written work that is submitted to me virtually.
I believe in a communicative, personalised learning approach that is student-centred. I tailor each lesson plan to the needs and skill level of the student. My job is to provide you with skills, strategies and tips to prepare you for your exams. I take pride in teaching and preparing students to move forward towards success in their careers and education. I love making a difference to your future!
I want to help YOU feel confident in all aspects of English as a language. My classes include lots of aspects of English culture so that you not only learn English but also learn about the United Kingdom too! My lessons cover practical work and real-life situations to allow you to fully function in an English language environment.
For each of my students I provide:
- Personalised lessons for you, addressing your individual needs as a student. Our initial introductory class will include a questionnaire on how you would like ME to help YOU and your specific English needs.
- Encouragement and support to build your confidence in speaking, writing and understanding English.
- I cater to all your English needs including academic English (oral, written and listening), IELTS and TOEIC.
- I concentrate on pronunciation with you and correct it to ensure you become the best English speaker you can be!
- All grammar, vocabulary and topics are taught in a fun and exciting way!
- I concentrate on idioms, phrases, collocations and expressions of English.
- I equip you with useful scenarios, helpful phrases that aid you in your travels to an English speaking country. This includes topics like buying train tickets, reading bus timetables, asking for directions, ordering food in a restaurant.
- Whether you want to learn English to improve your fluency or for professional and personal reasons or you want to study or live in a foreign country, I AM HERE FOR YOU!
- My lessons will be conducted exclusively ONLINE. Please note a laptop and a strong internet connection is essential for your learning.
- The duration of my classes will be 50 minutes.
- The first introductory class will be based on 20-30 minutes where you can ask me any questions on your learning and complete a questionnaire that will allow me to personalise your English learning and address all your English needs.
- My classes will also include some homework to allow you to practice the skills we have learned in class and written work submitted to me virtually that I will correct for you.
- It is worth noting, that anyone who wants to learn English to a high standard, should commit themselves to 1-2 lessons a week.
- If you are planning on taking IELTS or TOEIC exams, please note that you will need to commit yourself to 2-3 months of online tutoring and I recommend these students take two classes per week. It is worth putting in the effort if you want a good band score!
- I will also provide you with 100% support and can be available via email for any queries on homework that you may have.
- I will give you regular feedback after each lesson and on a monthly basis to assess your progress and tailor your learning needs.
I look forward to working with you and helping you achieve and become a successful English student!
I am a British native speaker with a Bachelor of Honours in English Literature, History and Psychology. I specialise in IELTS preparation classes and TOEIC. With my degree, I have excellent knowledge and understanding of academic journals which is a huge benefit to my students in their learning, specifically the IELTS Academic test. I am a volunteer emergency medic with Red Cross/Red Cresent in my spare time and can help you learn medical terminology. I have five years of teaching experience with successful graduates.
I am friendly, approachable and a reliable teacher. I have excellent interpersonal skills that allow me to communicate and interact with others. I take pride in my timekeeping and my approach to teaching English as a foreign language. I am committed to helping my students and provide 100% support for them. I have full DBS clearance and I hold a valid Child Protection certificate and a qualification in Mental Health first aid.
BA Hons in English Literature, History and Psychology
Advanced TEFL qualification
IELTS preparation certificate
TOEIC preparation certificate
Full DBS clearance and validity
Kelly is a fantastic tutor for a number of reasons she always shows empathy and she understands what it’s like to be a student who may lack confidence, feel stressed, be overwhelmed or just not understand the material. She will always strive to encourage the best out of her students. Kelly is an extremely honest person who won’t hesitate to say that you do not know about a particular concept. She know that someone who is trying to bluff their way through will only hurt the student in the long run.
Kelly is an incredibly enthusiastic tutor and displays great love for her subjects and passes this onto her students.
Kelly is also a fantastic listener and she is well clued into students’ misconceptions and errors.
Kelly always encourages independence in her students and lets them know that they must put forth an effort to benefit from tutoring. She provides students strategies to be independent and more effective learners by having student look at how they think and learn, how they study, and how they manage their studies with the rest of their life.
Kelly is remarkably patient individual who will spend as long as possible making sure her students know the necessary material. In conclusion I couldn’t recommend a better tutor.
I have known Kelly since I was 5 years old. She is one of the kindest and most trustworthy people that I know.
She is an amazing friend, always very supportive and caring. She has an excellent work ethic and gives everything she does 100%. I believe that she will be a very trustworthy and dedicated teacher, showing patience and kindness towards her students.
Kelly has a strong character and is excellent at making decisions. She is persistent, conscientious, loyal and she is flexible. She is also ambitious and creative and would make a great tutor.
Kelly is very honest, reliable and trustworthy. Kelly is very approachable, friendly and refreshing. She is an excellent communicator, very easy to understand and she is focused. Kelly has excellent knowledge and a great motivator. She is highly supportive and confident. Highly recommended.
Kelly is really friendly and very approachable. She is a great communicator and always takes time out to explain things properly. She is very patient when explaining things and goes out of her way to help others.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest IELTS lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, TOEFL lessons for all!
Taking EFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£22|