I am a native English speaker and adapt my English lessons according to my client's personal needs and preferences. My clients find it useful to practice speaking to me in English, and subsequently focusing on and improving their problem areas through grammar exercises.
I am a graduate from the University of Cambridge in French and Spanish and am passionate about language teaching. I have been teaching languages for over six years, one-to-one and in groups. I have experience teaching both General and Business English as a Foreign Language to children and adults and I have taught French and Spanish to A Level.
I look forward to helping you reach your goals.
Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge 2015 - 2019
BA Modern and Medieval Languages (French and Spanish):
St. Mary’s Grammar School, Magherafelt
A Levels: French (A*), Mathematics (A*), Spanish (A*) 2013 - 2015
GCSEs: 10 subjects (4a*s, 5as, 1b) 2011 - 2013
Including Mathematics and English
UK Civil Service September 2019 - Present
• I work on matters relating to EU Exit and Covid-19.
HEC Paris March - July 2018
• Translated articles from English to French and vice versa
• Proofread English texts
• Wrote articles for the university’s website and social media accounts
• Interviewed VIP guests such as CEOs for the university’s SoundCloud account
International Juvenile Justice Observatory September - December 2017
• Translated texts from and into French, Spanish and English
• Interpreted a visit of two youth detention centres from Spanish to French
• Proofread English texts
• Wrote articles for the organisation’s website
Au pair at Ninetonine World July - September 2016
• Lived in Madrid for 8 weeks
• Looked after and gave English classes to 3 children
North West Academy of English June 2014
• Prepared vocabulary lists and grammar exercises for students
• Phoned local businesses to find work experience for students
• Gave English conversation classes
CHOP College Representative September 2018 - Present
• I raise awareness within my college of homelessness in Cambridge and how students can help
• I organise one fundraising event in college per term to raise money for soup runs in Cambridge
L’Union APARE-CME August 2018
• Reconstructed part of the Château des Baux with a group of other adults
Jesús Abandonado September - December 2017
• Collected, washed and gave out clothes to the homeless in the region of Murcia, Spain
• Volunteered as a waitress for a Christmas dinner for orphans and young asylum seekers
St. Vincent de Paul, Soup Run Student Administrator October 2016 – Present
• I am in charge of organising daily soup runs in Cambridge for the homeless
• I organise the annual fundraising event, update the spreadsheet to add volunteers, purchase the necessary supplies, and do a weekly shift
Holy Family Primary School, French Teacher September 2013 – April 2015
• Prepared and gave French classes to primary school children once a week at lunchtime
I would recommend Claire as a teacher. She is very good and taught me how to speak (and type) English.
Claire is amazing!! I would highly recommend her. She is very patient and encouraging.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£12||£12|
|5 hours||Not available||£45||£60|
|10 hours||Not available||£90||£120|