My mother is a teacher and has been all my life, I like to take her teaching approach when tutoring students of my own. I like to set little tasks and themes for each lesson, especially when it comes to language classes. Furthermore, I try and make them a bit more creative, personally, that was always the best way for me to learn so I like to incorporate that in the way I teach as well. Each lesson will end with mini homework assignment or task to have completed before the next session.
I am an International Business Management graduate from the University of Bath. I am dual national, Swiss, and New Zealand and spent a large portion of my life growing up in China where I later also did my six-month professional placement in and have achieved HSK level 3 proficiency. I am trilingual English, German and Chinese and am offering language classes to beginners in any of these three language, as well as general homework and school support. I use to tutor primary children in high school to help them with their homework. I also have experience with tutoring a beginner in Mandarin Chinese.
CITY U HONG KONG August - December 2018
Exchange Semester College of Business
• Modules: Managing the Chinese Firm, Marketing in China, Business & Hong Kong Society, Global Perspective on Contemporary Issues
UNIVERSITY OF BATH 2016 - 2020
Bachelor of Science in International Management - BSc (Hons) Final Year
• Year One Final Result 2:1, Year Two Final Result 2:1, Year Three Final Results: 2:1
• Relevant Modules: Accounting for Managers, Introduction to Finance & Economics, Operations Management, Business Analytics, Marketing, Managing Multinational Enterprises, Consumer Psychology, International Business, Emerging Markets, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
INTER COMMUNITY SCHOOL ZÜRICH 2012 - May 2016
• Final IB Points 40
• English A Language and Literature HL (7), German B HL (7), Biology HL (5), Geography SL (6) Economics SL (7), Mathematics SL (6),
YEW CHUNG INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL SHANGHAI 2005 - June 2016
Primary and Secondary School
Marketing Executive at China Skinny – Shanghai Office February 2019 – July 2019
• Completed a six- month placement at market research and consulting company China Skinny, they provide tailored research, strategy and digital solutions for firms operating in or with China
• Entailed: co-lead on a Gen Z market research report for American clothing brand Hollister
Sport.les – Zurich Office July - August 2018
• Summer digital marketing intern
• Entailed: creating digital marketing content, market research, inventory and stock management
Telethon Phone Operator – University of Bath November 2017
• Fundraising via phone call for the Department of Development & Alumni Relations
• Entailed: conversing with Alumni and maintaining alumni relations, raising donations Bath scholarships
Intern at Ermenegildo Zegna – Shanghai Office August 2016
• Summer intern in the Public Relations and Marketing Department
• Entailed: prepared a market research report for their new line “Z-Zegna”, organizing files and contact lists, standardizing and proofreading documents and interviews
Intern at the European Biennial of Contemporary Art, Manifesta - Zurich June 2016
• Inter in Management Department of the Volunteers and covered shifts at the biennale
• Entailed: supporting HR, email management, excel work, preparing documents, translation work
Zurich Opera House Charity Ball, “Opern Ball” – Zurich (every November) 2012 - 2015
• Supported the organizers of the Zurich opera ball, guest and mailing list organization, a debutante in 2015
EXTRACURRICULAR / INTERESTS
• University Societies: Secretary of the University of Bath German Society (2017/18), member of the Economics Society (2016-17), Fashion Society (2016-17) and Management Society
• Interests & Sports: Traveling & Culture, Fashion, Urban Sustainability, Skiing, Scuba Diving, Football
• Languages: English (native), German (bilingual) and Mandarin Chinese (HSK 3 – working towards 4)
• Computer Skills: Conversant in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
academic tutoring lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest school support lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, school coaching lessons for all!
Taking methodology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|