Conversation, lots of it, with me listening and you talking. Correction and vocabulary at the end of each lesson. Lessons based around subjects important for the student. Once comfortable with speaking, small talk and everyday English, it makes sense to focus on the Grammar, word order and tenses.
10+ years teaching English as a foreign language, including running my own school. 25+ years providing Marketing and Business Consultancy to SME’s. Believe learning needs to be fun to be remembered. Lessons will be YOU focussed, fruitful and enjoyable.
Yew Tree Cottage, Denne Manor Lane, Shottenden Nr Canterbury CT4 8JJ
An experienced bi-lingual Business/ Sales/Marketing specialist who has concentrated on business development, change management and building strong leadership to drive negotiation, profitability and sustainability. Over the last 17 years has worked with over 250 SME's, Groups and Chains in Hospitality in Germany, and the UK, achieving increases of 10-60% in turnover and new business opportunity - leading to improved profits and liquidity.
June 2017- to Date Spectank Uk
New Business Development
• Activated key contacts in the London Restaurant and Hotel market to the opportunity of Spectank with leads to opportunities such as Bills restaurants, Gordon Ramsay Group, San Carlo Restaurants, Accor Hotels.
• On target with pipeline leads, new business signings and closed contracts.
• Delivered 85% of all new Business in the first quarter of 2018 with contracts closed with Rum Kitchen, Wright Brothers, Novotel, San Carlo, Café Caribbean, Pullman, Gladwin Brothers, and hot leads to a number of prominent independent restaurants and groups within the industry.
• Increased the average appointment rate and the close rate for independent restaurants with more than a 90% appointment rate and a 76% success rate to conversion.
2016 The Sustainable Restaurant Association- not for profit
Head of Sales and Marketing – Interim Concurrent Role
• Re- defined the mission and approach of the Sales and Marketing function by focusing on needs of potential members, and the solutions membership brings- resulting in a 20+% increase in unit membership of the SRA
• Involved account managers in the sales process, empowering them, accelerating the acquisition process, by adding value for the team and for new members.
• Brokered and cemented strong relationships from scratch with key brands such as Bills restaurants, Wetherspoons, Brakspear , Mitchell & Butlers , Ikea UK, Hush Heath, Fullers through networking and direct approach and detailed tailored pitches - resulting in a number of new memberships and considerable income increases for the operation, including high profile celebrity accounts such as Gordon Ramsay & Jamie Oliver.
• Cemented links with “Greentable.de” one of Germany’s leading not for profit Operators in Germany.
• Secured “Salisbury Transition City” as a key partner in delivering sustainability to the City of Salisbury opening the way for work with a number of local authorities and think tanks and Universities.
• Developed a more cohesive & strategic approach towards the use of social media & PR as tools to market campaigns & engage the public.
2001 - Date JAM Marketing & Hospitality Management
Area and Operations Management, Business development, Consulting & Coaching for hospitality & service based business
• Business development and operational support focused on change for up to 30 separate operations, monthly on site meetings, delivering average increases in sales of 28-30% and bottom line improvements in excess of 30-250+% with considerable business in Europe.
• Implemented change by focusing on people sales profits approach – changing approach and attitude through people to deliver sales and profits including leadership one on ones on a 2 monthly basis.
• Creation and establishment of a successful region- wide networking club in Germany for the hospitality market, delivering valuable exchange and think tank capability to add value for clients with in excess of 100 participating businesses
• Developed and implemented the “7 steps to guaranteed up-selling success”- that added £150.000 to one unit alone and significantly increased average spend in a number of others.
• Developed and implemented a debt management system to facilitate debt reduction without affecting cash flow for operating businesses
• Focus on creating Brand and corporate identity for SME’s leading to a more cohesive approach in client marketing and t=running a number of brand awareness seminars.
• New opening and business consultancy with brands such as Gaffel & Fruh Kolsch including finance for start- ups utilizing the vast array of grant funds and bank support systems available across Germany.
• Social media campaigns and Brand streamlining for a local museum, and a number of MP candidates.
2003-2007 Coester & Schmidt GmbH – Kassel Germany
Business & Marketing & Change Coach & Trainer to Hospitalty
• Specialized in debt re-structuring to enable businesses to stay trading whilst writing down existing debt
• Co-ordinated networking events for west region of Germany- with more than 100 participating business at twice yearly networking events
• Top performing consultant in terms of client improved KPI’s
• Creative copywriting delivered successes using the German language predominately on print media and direct marketing with success rates on campaigns averaging 10-16%.
• Created and developed 15 key business concepts for the marketing plans 2005/6/7
• Lead seminar presenter on a number of key business seminars pitched to the German Hospitality market specializing in relationship management, leadership, communication and business pitching.
1998 - 2003 Cafe Especial Group - Cologne Warner Brothers Theme Park Bottrop.
Interim Director and General Manager
• Appointed Head of Food and Beverage, managing a total staff of 450 and an annual budget of 30m Euros. 14 separate operations and 34 mobile units in a theme park with up to 38,000 visitors daily in peak season together with a standalone event department.
• Achieved a per cap increase through motivating the entire workforce by empowerment with the “ I make it Happen “ campaign – instilling ownership in the entire team- led to a per cap increase of DM1.50 and smashing budget expectations at a tie when per cap was falling.
• Increased the marketing to travel tour operators and bus operators to increase group business resulting in 20%+ increase in revenues in this area.
• Co-ordinated and delivered the monthly “Lotto Show”- the German lottery show- filmed live from a specially created studios at Warner, including hosting stars and lotto winners at the after show party.
1997 - 1998 Hard Rock Cafe - Germany - t/o £5m - 80 Staff
Appointed Director/General Manager
• Achieved a profit for the first time since 1990 when the Brand opened in Berlin.
• Negotiated considerable change in employment and job roles with the resident trade union, avoiding strike action and paving the way for reduction in wage costs that contributed to the business turnaround and encouraging change in a predominately East German team.
• Substantially increased turnover by leveraging the Hard Rock Brand – renegotiated a
high profile large buyout for the ITB – increasing revenue more than 70% as a result of re-leveraging the brand.
• Successfully renegotiated an improved rental agreement which contributed majorly to the profitability of the unit, slashing 1000’s of the monthly rental rate.
• Represented the brand at American Embassy and Trade of Commerce events
1991 - 1997 My Kinda Town Group
Duty Manager to General Manager Germany
• Created and implemented the key factors in establishing a Mexican Bar as a contemporary brand in Germany, resulting in highly profitable trading in the Bonn outlet after 4 months - 11% profit.
• Negotiated group price agreements for the import of Ameican Beer, Tequila and secured a package of complimentary flights for marketing purposes from American Airlines.
• Responsible for Manager training during company expansion from 3 – 14 outlets across Germany
1991- 2006 English Language Teacher – working with a variety of language schools – Inlingua, Berlitz, English Language Services, Schroeder and Schroeder, Team4Business, Scio and establishing my own School - English4Koeln- teaching business English at Axa, Fortis Bank, DKV medical insurers, Saal Oppenheim Private Bank, Deutz AG at manager and director level groups and one to one’s.
1988 - 1991 Key management positions were held as General Manager in “Joannas Café” London, and at the Whitbread’s Brand “Henrys Café Bar” in Brighton. Experience gained within Personnel Management at “Flemings Hotel”- a Wagon Lits 4 Star property in London. Duty Management and Brasserie Manager within “Principal Hotels” in Aberdeen were experienced prior to moving to Ramada Hotels Food and Beverage in Leverkusen Germany.
1986 -1988 Outdoor Catering and prestige function Service for “Town and County” working at events such as the Queens Garden Parties, Mansion House Banquets, Wimbledon Tennis Championships, Ascot races, House of Commons events. Experience in Food and Beverage departments at the Waldorf Hotel in the Strand in the as a chef, banqueting and afternoon tea service.
1986 Management Diploma & HCIMA Part B - Westminster College - London
English - Mother tongue
German- Fluent to include full business usage
French/Dutch - Basic knowledge
NLP – various courses with Tony Robbins 1990-1- present
Stephen Covey- 7 habits of Highly successful people training 1997-1998
TEFL – Teaching English as Foreign Language 2016
Social media for Business & Public sector 2014-2015
Public Speaking Academy- 2012-2013
German Energy Consultant - Gas- Water- Electric - 2011
IHK – German Insurance Broker 2009-2011
1979 - 1983 Highworth School for Girls - Kent
3 A Levels/8 O Levels
2016- present Marketing, PR & Brand Management for Kent Challenger Games charity
current affairs lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest politics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, communication lessons for all!
Taking digital communication lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|