I am able to tailor lessons and learning techniques to meet the needs of every student.
Happy to meet with parents and students to discuss the support they need.
Spent five months studying in France and five in Italy, living with native speakers. As a result of this, I gained a near-native command of the language and became aware of various regional dialects and variations of the languages.
Taught my Italian and French housemates English. As a result, they became more confident when speaking the language through speaking following my encouragement in an informal context. I also helped them remember new vocabulary and grammar rules through repetition, which I found facilitated the learning process.
Whitecross House, Whitecross Road, East Harptree,
Email: (concealed information)
Mobile: (concealed information)2
BA Italian and French- 2:1
Modules: French Language, Italian Language, Existentialism in Literature and Philosophy, Translation, Economics and Society of France, History of Italy, French for Professional Purposes, May ‘68: Marking Changes in European Politics and Culture, Dante’s World.
Erasmus year in France and Italy, studying at Université de Strasbourg and Universita’ Ca’ Foscari in Venice. All exams and lessons were delivered through the medium of French and Italian.
Extracurricular activities: Student journalism for university newspaper Gair Rhydd, karate and aikido.
Wells Cathedral School, Wells
2007 - 2011
A-Levels: French (A), Italian (B) English Literature (C).
10 GCSEs, grades A*-C.
Bookseller- Oxfam GB, Wells
• Responsible for categorising books and records as well as dealing with postal and online orders and reservations.
• Familiarised myself with the various new procedures involved in the running of the shop, including Gift Aid procedures.
Library Assistant (Voluntary)- Paulton Hub, Paulton
• Adapted existing customer service proficiency to a new context of a small public library.
• Developed professional communication skills through liaising with other volunteers and with colleagues from partner BANES libraries on the phone and via email.
• Worked more independently and took initiative by constructing my own workload.
Achievements: Gained a basic understanding of how a public library functions within an informal context of a voluntary role.
Waitress and Bartender- The Ring O’Bells, Compton Martin
• Transferred existing skills to a new business situation, rapidly picking up new procedures in the process.
• Became accustomed to cash handling.
Housekeeper – Burcott Mill Guesthouse, Wookey
June 2013-September 2016
• Responsible for servicing guest bedrooms before arrival of guests later in the day, as well as additional janitorial tasks, carrying out all tasks independently.
• Assumed the role of a concierge when required to do so upon arrival of guests.
• Took initiative to conduct market research and used my findings as reference points as to how to improve customer service.
Achievements: I took initiative to enhance guests’ experience though gestures such as fetching more refreshments and sharing my knowledge of the area, and received tips on more than one occasion. I have been awarded successive pay rises “in light of all my hard work and flexibility”.
Waitress and Barista- Burrington Inn, Burrington
June 2010-May 2012
• Learned to work in a small customer service team, waiting tables and serving hot drinks at the coffee bar.
French and Italian both spoken to B2 (advanced) Common European Framework of Reference level.
Spanish spoken to B1 (intermediate) CEFR level.
I am learning German independently and am aiming to secure GCSE standard and then progress further.
Competent in all software of Microsoft Office.
Working knowledge of SDL Trados translation software.
References are available upon request.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|