It emphasizes the learner’s ability to communicate various functions, such as asking and answering questions, making requests, describing, narrating and comparing. Task assignment and problem solving—two key components of critical thinking—are the means through which the communicative approach operates.
I am an undergraduate student in the University of Edinburgh. I am studying Biological Sciences with Management in my third year. I hold a certification of teaching people Chinese as their second language. I teach my student with my full passion to help them and activate their interests in Mandarin Chinese.
Third-year Biological Sciences with Management (Hons) student in the University of Edinburgh. Interested in and hold in depth knowledge about Business Management and Marketing concepts, as well as in the Biological field. Humorous, proactive and detail-oriented. Proficient at cooperation-based team work and problem-solving skills.
University of Edinburgh (2017-2021) Edinburgh, Scotland
Bachelor of Science: Biological Sciences with Management (Hons)
Dalian Maple Leaf International School (2014-2017) Dalian, China
British Columbia Secondary Education Diploma
Student Reviewer 02/2019- Current
Edinburgh University Student Association & Open Learning Centre, University of Edinburgh
• Communicate professionally in English on both written and verbal skills through the review process
• Strong team-working skills by working with university lecturers and senior staffs to identify areas for further investigation
• Achieve ₤500 rewarded for good at solving problems and lead discussion meetings with team members
Programme Representative 09/2018- 05/2019
Business School, University of Edinburgh
• Represent approximately 300 Business School Joint Programme students’ views and opinions on all matters to improve the student learning experience in partnership with the Edinburgh University Students’ Association (EUSA)
• Gathering feedbacks via emails and face to face from students and provide both positive and negative feedback with possible solutions to senior staffs in regular team meetings
• Contribute to Business School academic and social networking activities within the University of Edinburgh
Resident Assistant 08/2018- Current
Residence Life, University of Edinburgh
• Manage around 50 residents in two sites of Edinburgh University accommodation and constantly improve the residents’ satisfaction
• Organize 9 individual and 12 team events for the whole academic year in relation to the five main topics to enhance the community bond and students’ lifestyle
• Strong team working skills by working with 7 team members and received positive feedback from the line manager in annual review
• Proficient at problem-solving skills to deal with incidents and emergencies in hall
Pharmacy Assistant Internship 12/2016- 02/2017
Yong An Pharmacy Co. Ltd, China
• Work closely with Pharmacy Care Representatives (PCRs) in providing excellent patient care and display patient-oriented and comprehensive clinical pharmacy services and pharmaceutical care
• Willing to learn and being detail-oriented to help customers on recommending the right products and maintain the service quality and satisfaction
Waitress & Kitchen Porter 09/2017- 12/2018
Tea House Restaurant, St Patrick’s Square, Edinburgh
• Assist with guest enquiries, take-away orders and restaurant cleanliness in high efficiency
• Resolve guest complaints efficiently and report feedback to the manager
• Achieve to manage and deliver high standard of trainings to new staff
• Sustainability Award Silver 2018-2019
• International Volunteer Program 2015
• University of Waterloo Mathematics Contest Award 2016-2017
• University of Hong Kong Excellent Eyas Project Certificate 2015-2016
• Debate Leadership Award 2015-2016
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Skilled with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
• Native level in Mandarin Chinese and proficient level in English
• Able to perform molecular laboratory techniques
• Trustworthy and hard-working individual
REFERENCES AVAIABLE UPON REQUEST
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|