Certified and experienced native Spanish teacher that uses her passion for the richness of languages, as well as their literature and culture, to connect students to the class material. Areas of expertise include designing class material according to the CEFR and the PCIC (Instituto Cervantes Curricular Plan), and the use of innovative methodologies.
As I consider myself a skilled researcher on Applied Linguistics, I keep on learning strategies through modern methodological approaches to motivate my students to learn a second language. Motivation is a key aspect in the learning process.
In my lessons I use innovative perspectives using ITCs when possible, since new technologies are commonplace nowadays and language acquisition through this method become more stimulating.
Last but not least, I own children and parent oriented excellent communication skill with maturity and patience.
I studied a Modern Languages Philology and a postgraduate degree in Applied Linguistics and Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language, which made me learn to manage proper language acquisition in different educational contexts. Moreover, I learnt to modify assignments and activities to meet the learning needs of individual students as well as prepare course work and plan class sessions.
As for my experience, I have been giving private lessons for 8 years in Spanish, English and French. All these years have trained me to teach my native language (Spanish) in all levels from A2 to C1, to people of different ages, abilities and nationalities. I have also gained experience in teaching through games with kids.
Finally, I would like to mention that my last job as a teacher in Spain was in a Superior Aviation School, where I planned, evaluated and revised curricula and methods of instruction to keep my students motivated and focused on the importance of languages in aviation. Consequently, I kept on researching on Aeronautics in order to perform quality and effective lessons, as I always do with every area of knowledge I need to focus my lessons on.
Cancellations need to be done at least 24h before the expected date. Thank you.
English and Spanish teacher May 2019 ‐ Sep 2019
Escuela Superior de Aeronáutica (Superior Aviation School) ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Planned, evaluated and revised curricula and methods of instruction to keep my students motivated and focused on the importance of the languages in aviation.
• Kept on researching on Aeronautics in order to perform quality and effective lessons.
• Took part in the school quality assurance – Attended and contributed to school meetings.
Camp Leader May 2019 ‐ Sep 2019
Tándem ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Gained experience in teaching through games with kids of different ages.
• Enforced safety regulations.
English teacher Sep 2018 ‐ May 2019
Languages Schools ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Taught levels A1, A2, B1, B2 and C1 in both individual and group lessons.
• Created high quality resources and took part in the creation of new leaning approaches.
Paid Fundraiser Jun 2018 ‐ Oct 2018
Asociación Española Contra el Cáncer, AECC ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Collaborated as a fundraiser to raise funds to the Cancer Research Foundation in Spain.
• Played key role in helping new members of the group to perform their new tasks.
Volunteer Spanish teacher Nov 2017 ‐ Feb 2018
Fundación CEPAIM ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Participated in a volunteering teaching project to support refugees on their arrival.
• Designed learning materials for developing their literacy acquisition to improve their communication tools and social expression.
INTERNSHIP PERIOD: Spanish teacher and intercultural mediator Jul 2017 ‐ Aug 2017
ESTO Program in the University of Castilla-La Mancha ‐ Toledo, Spain
• Intensive course coordinated by the Instituto Cervantes to learn Spanish.
• Organised historical content-based lessons focused on medieval Toledo.
Paid Fundraiser Jul 2016 ‐ Sep 2016
Home Fundraising ‐ West Yorkshire, Leeds, the UK
• Collaborated with the British Heart Foundation to recruit supporters on its behalf.
• Responsible for keeping motivated my team after getting promoted as a team leader.
Multicultural Volunteer Sep 2015 ‐ Jun 2016
ESN- Erasmus Student Network ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Learnt to value active volunteering and the ability to adapt to different linguistic contexts.
Postgraduate Degree in Applied Linguistics: Teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language and Designing Teaching Material (ELE) Apr 2019
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Learnt to manage proper language acquisition in different educational contexts.
• Learnt to assess in accordance with the most accepted criteria and applicable regulations as established in the CEFR and the Instituto Cervantes Curricular Plan (PCIC).
• Modified assignments and activities to meet the learning needs of individual students.
• Prepared course work and planned class sessions.
• My postgraduate dissertation focused on a methodological action guide on the use of the "performance" as a tool to facilitate the acquisition of a L2 or a foreign language.
University Degree - English Philology Dec 2018
Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha ‐ Ciudad Real, Spain
• Studied an optional module called "Methodology of Language Acquisition".
• Awarded with an Erasmus scholarship in the University of Vaasa (Finland) (2014-2015), a challenge to adapt to a new environment that led me to acquire valuable life-skills.
• Awarded with a Seneca Scholarship in the University of Lleida (Spain) (2016-2017).
• Native Spanish speaker
• English – Level of proficiency: C1+
• Catalan – Level of proficiency: B2
• French – Level of proficiency: B1
• Italian – Level of proficiency: B1
• Knowledge of Ancient Greek and Latin
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Wordpress
• Extensive experience translating texts both Eng>Spa and Spa>Eng.
• Driving licence: B
Perfect! Enthusiastic and very patient, whilst making the whole experience very enjoyable.
Elizabeth and Jason are very hardworking students who are always eager to learn more and more. Their attitude is outstanding, we really enjoy our lessons :)
Míryam is ubdoubtedly a trustworthy tutor. My children are delighted, and so am I with their marks at school.
Miryam has been my English teacher in Spain for 3 years. She really helped me improve my oral and written skills with a model of teaching adapted to my necessities. Thanks to her, I could fulfil the requirements of my desired job, which I eventually got! I highly recommend Miryam, her way of teaching is impressive (and she has many useful tricks!)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|