I can teach GCSE students in the Sciences and Maths (and also have good experience with French having taken this subject to A-Level). As a tutor, I focus mainly on problem areas that students have encountered in their lessons.
I use visual aids and model kits in Chemistry to try explain difficult concepts, and have a knack for finding metaphors that explain the phenoma people often struggle with.
I'm also a big believer in practice questions: I look at past exam papers to identify the format of typical questions and then rehearse answering examples of these to create a personal 'formula' that the student can use each time they tackle a similar question.
I am a Chemistry student with a strong background in Physics, Maths and Music. While my teaching experience thus far is based in Music (I co-run the current best A Cappella group in Scotland), I tutored my wayward brother for his Chemistry, Physics and Maths A-Levels. He succeeded in gaining 2 A*s, 1 A (improving from predicted grades of ABB) and a place to study Engineering at Durham University.
Having gained 13 A*s at GCSE and 4 A*s and 2 As at A-Level myself, I have a good understanding of how to beat the UK exam system at its game.
Rates vary if I am required to travel outside the Harrogate area, in order to cover travel costs.
2015 – 2020 University of St Andrews
Studying for MSc (Hons) Chemistry
2007 – 2014 The King’s School, Peterborough
A-Levels – Chemistry (A*), Maths (A*), Physics (A*), French (A), General Studies (A*)
GCSEs – 13 A*s (inc. English and Maths)
June – Aug. 2017 Arts & Crafts Teacher and Overnight Counsellor – Camp Walden, Canada
• Independently designed activities and ran Arts & Crafts classes for 4 – 16 year olds.
• Supervised evening routines.
• Created and maintained enthusiastic atmosphere over 15-hour days for the children to thrive in.
• Cleaned up after classes and maintained safe and tidy conditions across three large studios.
Sept. 2014 – Aug. 2015 Research Intern – Procter & Gamble, Newcastle Innovation Centre
• Carried out year long internship, acting on my own initiative and juggling several projects concurrently.
• National finalist in the Engineering Development Trust’s Future Industry Leader Awards 2017 for my independently run work into novel particle characterisation procedures.
• Worked under strict health and safety, and quality procedures, recording details at every step.
IT Skills Proficient in MS Office applications, use of internet and email. Some experience with coding: VBA (intermediate), Python and MatLab (basic)
Languages French (Intermediate)
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking organic chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|