I have more than thirty years of experience in teaching Chemistry to multi-ethnic and multinational cohorts in various parts of the world. The skills and professional experience which I acquired from these positions are immense as I had to deal with students from about forty different nationalities with a wide spectrum of abilities. I am an examiner for various exam boards including Cambridge international examinations taken by A level students from more than fifty countries. The skills and experience I have gained through various roles in 16-19 age group for the past twelve years in the UK will give me a great confidence to analyse the requirement of the 1st year undergraduates and to decide what needs to be done to maximise their potential in the programme with a special emphasis on their mathematical and analytical skills of each leaner.
I have 32 years of experience in teaching A-Level and GCSE students. I am also an examiner for various exam bodies such as AQA and Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). Students really appreciated my A-level Chemistry revision sessions, as I could keep everyone in the cohort fully engaged by giving them specially made resources, to suit their level of understanding. I always give the priority to developing the essential skills, by solving examination style questions, which alone can bridge the gap between their current level and the expected level.
I have also undergone trainings on the delivery of the new A-level Specification and hence I can very effectively guide students to achieve their maximum potential in Chemistry.
If they come in a group, I can offer lessons at the rate of £12.5 per hour. I found that students learn a lot better by being in a group of motivated learners as they solve woksheets through discussions and also with teacher's feedback. They improve their confidence as they take lessons in small groups (4 or 5 maximum ) and this will not only bring the price for each lesson down, but also make learning an enjoyable process.
. Billey Mathew M.Sc. (chemistry), Ph.D. (Biophysics), PGCE with QTS
• I taught A-level Chemistry & Physics, at MPW, 17-18 Greenfield Crescent Birmingham B15 3AU, UK
• I also taught Level 3 Advanced diploma courses at Solihull College & University Centre, Blossomfield Campus, Blossomfield Road, Solihull, B91 1SB
• I taught A-Level and GCSE Chemistry at Abbey College Birmingham for ten years
• Previously, Lecturer and in-charge of the Department of Chemistry, Daventry Campus, Northampton College, UK
• I am an examiner for AQA and CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) A-level Chemistry for the last six years or so
• Formerly, Head Department of Science, Our Own English High School, Al Ain, United Arab Emirates (UAE)
• Formerly, Coordinator of Inter School Science Festival in UAE.
• Recipient of H.H. Sheikh Makthoum Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Makthoum Cambridge Inspirational Teacher Award – 2003 for the UAE
• Winner of a special award in recognition of my achievements from Mr. Sunny Varkey, the Chairman of Global Education Management Systems (GEMS), in the year 2004.
• I have more than 32 years of experience in teaching Chemistry /Science at various levels.
Recipient of H.H. Sheikh Makthoum Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Makthoum Cambridge Inspirational Teacher Award – 2003 for the UAE
won a special award from Mr. Sunny Varkey the Chairman of Global
Education Management Systems (GEMS), in the year 2004.
In the academic years 2000-01 and 2001-02, I was selected as the most successful
teacher of Our school (Our Own English High School, Al Ain, UAE) for producing excellent results in Chemistry, batch after batch. In CBSE stream also my students achieved excellent results, including the creditable 0.1% merit certificates and full score. I have produced many toppers in the prestigious Gulf Chemistry Olympiad.
Perfect! So happy to have found Billey as he is a fantastic tutor. Extremely knowledgeable and explains things in an easy to understand way. Willing and able to answer all my questions and takes the time to check that I understand everything before moving onto the next topic. Very highly recommended!
Perfect! An absolutely fantastic teacher who explains challenging scientific concepts in a way that is easy to understand. His experience as an examiner is especially helpful when as he is able to teach me topics in depth, while ensuring that I learn in a way that is specific to my exam board. Highly recommended.
A very brilliant student who is very eager in making progress. Does a lot of independent work and she is really capable of picking up even the difficult topics once gone through.
chemistry lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest organic chemistry lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, thermodynamics lessons for all!
Taking electrochemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|