At the beginning, I carry out a student's needs analysis to adapt my lessons and meet the learner's requirements and expectations successfully. Based on those needs, I plan the lessons, select and prepare appropriate teaching and learning material. For the most part, I tend to approach my lessons from a communicative perspective based on language-and-culture-integrated strategies.
I'm an EFL teacher with a MA's in Applied Linguistics in TEFL and I have also worked as a Spanish tutor for speakers of other languages. I have 8 years of teaching experience and I've worked with varied age groups (young to adult learners) in several educational institutions including university.
My rates will change depending on the learner's location. Also, if the lesson is cancelled on the same date, I'll ask for a 50% refund.
- M.A. in Applied linguistics to EFL education, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2019
Dissertation: Intercultural EFL teaching: An account of EFL teachers’ perceptions and practices in multicultural classrooms in Santiago, Chile.
Dissertation Advisors: Juan Eduardo Ortiz, Ph.D., Allison Ramay, Ph.D.
- B.A in TEFL, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, 2012
- Teaching Assistant, Harris Federation Academy, January – March 2020
Teaching assistant for year7 - year11 students with special needs
- EFL Teacher, Finis Terrae University, 2016-2019
Courses: Social learning, General English levels A1 to C1, ESP for Business and Nutrition
- Private Spanish Tutor, 2019
Spanish lessons to an adult Dutch learner and his two children aged 7-9 years old.
- Learning Support Teacher, Instituto Comercial Eliodoro Domínguez D School, 2019 Supplementary English lessons to 9th grade pupils (14-15 age range).
- EFL Teacher, Instituto Comercial Eliodoro Domínguez D School, 2018
Debating workshop to develop the students’ persuasion, critical and communicative skills in English
- School teacher of EFL, Instituto Comercial Eliodoro Domínguez D School, 2015-2016 EFL lessons to 9th - 12th grade learners (14-18 age range)
- EFL Teacher, Privateachers & Co, 2014 English training courses for adult learners
- EFL Teacher, Longbourn Institute, 2012-2014
Academic Coordination and in-office English courses for adult learners TOEFL training courses
- EFL Teacher, Instituto Chileno-Británico de Cultura, 2011-2012 English training course for young and adult learners.
FCE and CAE examination training courses
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£15|