I am a highly organised academic tutor who aims to encourage and foster intellectual curiosity in my students. I have the energy, passion and commitment needed to make a positive impact on students’ lives. I am someone who can not only help students with their academic goals, but also make learning fun.
Whether you want lessons to help you pass your English language exams or to improve your conversation skills, I can develop customised lesson plans, catered for all levels, to suit your goals!
I have provided class based and private English lessons for over 8 years. The focus of my lessons has ranged from helping students improve their conversational English to guiding them through their ESOL exams. I have taught a variety of students across all levels of ability and am able to cater my lessons according to their needs.
Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy • Feb 2020 - Present
Department for Exiting the European Union • London, UK •Policy Advisor (Trade in Services) • April 2019 – Jan 2020
I am responsible for looking after a policy portfolio that includes Professional Business Services, Mutual Recognition of Professional Qualifications, Mobility Mode IV and the FEP services engagement strategy for Phase 2 of the negotiations.
Department for Exiting the European Union • London, UK • Business and Policy Support • August 2018 – March 2019
I manage the Deputy Director’s diary and provide policy support to the Financial Services, Services and Digital Team.
Access Partnership • London, UK • Public Policy Advisor • February 2018 – July 2018
As a public policy advisor I provided policy and logistical support to the EU public policy team.
• Research – I gathered and synthesised news reports and legislative developments across a number of markets, with a specific focus on Westminster and Brussels.
• Policy - Delivered political analysis of key developments to the team and clients and supported policy analysts in research on government policies, regulations and consultations.
• Organisation– I liaised with stakeholders to organise and facilitate meetings on behalf of clients.
Transparency International •The Hague, Netherlands • Consultant • January 2016 - May 2016
I worked as part of a team that provided Transparency International with a report on how Dutch businesses could avoid corruption when conducting business in Russia and the US.
• Leading and Communicating – As team leader I was responsible for delegating tasks and organising a successful action plan which allowed us to meet our deadlines successfully.
• Collaboration – I learnt the importance of understanding the needs of my teammates which enabled me to facilitate the conditions necessary for a healthy working environment.
• Attention to Detail- As editor I was tasked with selecting information relevant to our project in order to generate an articulate final report.
The Dutch Council for Refugees • The Hague, Netherlands • Volunteer • November 2015
I volunteered for the Hague municipality and helped settle Syrian refugees into their new accommodation.
• Interpersonal Skills and Understanding - Engaging with refugees helped me develop my inter-personal skills and foster the cultural sensitivity and understanding needed to provide the appropriate support.
• Tenacity - I was able to overcome the language barrier through sheer determination and persisted even if communication proved occasionally troublesome.
The Hostel • The Hague, Netherlands • Receptionist & Barman • August 2013 – June 2016
• Adaptability – I was able to acquire basic Dutch language skills and learn the idiosyncrasies of Dutch culture thus enabling me to be an effective team member.
Signals Media Arts Charity •Colchester, UK • Administrative Assistant and Workshop Coordinator • September 2011 - January 2013
I provided technical and administrative support to a small Colchester based charity and increased their social media presence.
• Administration – As an administrative assistant I learnt the importance of an organised working environment and gained extensive experience of filing and database management.
• Coordination - I helped prepare and coordinate film workshops for students aged 12 to 18.
English Language Tuition (Private and Class Based) ⏐ Jan 2011 – Jan 2013
I have provided class based and private English lessons intermittently for two years.
• Awareness - I ensured that my lesson plans catered for differing language competence allowing for full student engagement in classroom activities.
• Organisation – I have taught Italian and Russian students privately, organising and structuring a successful learning program tailored to their needs.
2016 – 2017: MSc Global Governance and Ethics – University College London, UK
• Global Public Policy: Essay on ‘State securitisation of human trafficking’.
• Quantitative Research Methods: Fully adept in performing data analysis using statistical software, interpreting results and employing data science techniques for research purposes.
• Global Governance: Essay on ‘Hard law treaty innovation within the domain of torture prevention and the important role civil society can play in supporting it’.
• Human Rights, Accountability and World Politics: Essay on ‘How are political freedoms compromised in Turkmenistan and what solutions are available to mitigate it?
2013 - 2016: BA International Studies (Specialism in the European Union), Leiden University, Netherlands
• Bachelors Thesis: ‘How does liberal conservative ideology manipulate the perception of welfare in the UK?’.
• EU Policy: Policy paper on ‘Combatting EU Member State arms exports to countries en-gaged in child rights violations’.
• Comparative Politics: Essay on ’An analysis of the UK and French criminal justice systems’.
• International Economics: Essay on ‘Arguments for and against TTIP’
2010: Cambridge CELTA, TEFL, “Merit” grade - Saxoncourt (Shane Global), London
• Travel: Travelling to, and awareness of, different countries and cultures reflect my natural inquisitiveness and general wide spectrum of interests.
• Music: I enjoy a variety of music including funk and jazz. I am a keen guitar player and have per-formed live on numerous occasions.
• Film: I am an avid film enthusiast and frequently visit the cinema. I particularly like foreign cine-ma, horror and documentary films. I am currently in the process of writing a draft for a short horror film.
• Sport: I enjoy running, playing football and cycling.
• Languages - English, French (B2 intermediate), Dutch (basic), Czech (basic)
• IT - Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Publisher), InDesign, Pro-tools, R-project, Prezi, Pages, Google (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£18||Not available||£18|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£90|
|10 hours||£140||Not available||£180|