I'm used to teaching percussion, drums and music theory, both single and group lessons, and I like to teach and share composition subjects such as orchestration, instrumentation, harmony and counterpoint, ear training, solfeggio and music theory, score analysis, audio recording, digital music notation.
I'm a composer and I have a Master degree in composition, conducting and orchestral percussion instruments. I broadened my musical competence by also studying piano, organ, trombone, classical and jazz harmony and composition.
With regard to my personal compositional style, I enjoy and often use jazz language, given my background as a percussionist and vibraphonist. I've also in the past developed works based on various compositional techniques such as minimalism, atonality, neo-tonality, avant-garde, dodecaphony and concrete music. I am also intrigued by film music with its strong and persistent connection to the "traditional" tonality, which very much influences my way of writing and has so far constituted part of my activities such as CD recording and editing.
M.A. in Composition: L. Marenzio Music Conservatory (class of Prof. Paolo Ugoletti) | Brescia, Italy | Jun 2020
Diploma in Orchestral Conducting: Italian Conducting Academy (class of Prof. Gilberto Serembe) | Milan, Italy | Nov 2019
M.A. in Classical Percussion Performance: G. Cantelli Music Conservatory | Novara, Italy | Oct 2013
Further Music Studies:
• G. Verdi Music Conservatory (class of Prof. Elisabetta Brusa) | Milan, Italy | 2013-2017
• Trombone | G. Cantelli Music Conservatory | Novara, Italy | 2009-2013
• Organ and Gregorian Chant | Private student | 2016-2018
• Jazz Harmony & Composition | Private student | 2007-2009
• Percussion Teacher:
- C. Rebora State Secondary School | Stresa, Italy | Sept 2013-June 2016
- Rina Monti Stella State Secondary School | Verbania, Italy | Percussion Teacher | Sept 2011-June 2013
• Music Teacher:
- Alfredo di Dio State Primary School | Ornavasso, Italy | Sept 2010-June 2011
• Percussion Instructor:
- Amamusica Music School | Verbania, Italy | Sept 2013-June 2019
- SuoniAMO Music School | Domodossola, Italy | Sept 2013-June 2019
Performance | 2005-2016
• Free-lance Percussionist & Timpanist: performed in concerts with Orchestra OCL Camerata dei Laghi, Orchestra Sinfonica Giovanile del Lago Maggiore, Associazione IncontrArti, Orchestra di Fiati della Svizzera Italiana (OFSI), Orchestra di Fiati Accademia, Civica Filarmonica di Locarno, Civica Filarmonica di Lugano, Orchestra di Percussioni Waikiki.
• Free-lance Jazz Vibraphonist & Drummer: Lakers Big Band, Hot Jazz Combo.
• Free-lance Trombonist: Ensemble Jazz VCO, Ascona Big Band, Orchestra Giovani Musicisti Ossolani, Civica Filarmonica Locarno, Orchestra Sinfonica Giovanile del Lago Maggiore, Orchestra di Musica Moderna CH-IT.
• Conductor: Orchestra Sinfonica Classica Viva, Orchestra di fiati del VCO, CH-IT Brass Band, Orchestra di Percussioni Waikiki.
• Classical, Jazz and modern pop works arranged for brass band, wind band, symphonic orchestra, jazz ensemble, big band, percussion ensemble.
CD Recording, Editing & Mastering
• “America”: compilation of Latin American Tunes performed by Orchestra Giovani Musicisti Ossolani / May 2018
• “Venti”: original music written for Orchestra di Percussioni Waikiki
• “Il giro del Mondo in 80 giorni”: compilation of excerpts from film soundtracks and musicals
• “SuoniAMO”: compilation of excerpts from film soundtracks and musicals
• “CH-IT Brass Band”: Lorenzo Erra works for brass band
• “Scene dalla montagna”: Lorenzo Erra works for symphonic orchestra
• “Waikiki”: Lorenzo Erra works for percussion ensemble
• Award: Honourable Mention at International Composition Competition Sinfonietta per
Sinfonietta / Sinfonietta Kraków – 2018
• Software: Finale, Logic Pro
• Languages: native Italian
• Interests: I enjoy visiting museums, exhibitions, places of historical and cultural importance and natural beauty both nationally and internationally. I am an amateur floriculturist.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest music theory lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, composition lessons for all!
Taking classical music lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|