When giving lessons, I ask the student to provide example questions that they need help with. I assess what the student currently knows and what they need help understanding. I then explain the particular concept from the beginning and ask questions to make sure the student now understands the concept. We then proceed to answer practice questions that cover the topic.
I have a degree in computer and have been working in IT for 17 years. When I was young, I excelled at math. I combine this love of computers, math and teaching to tutor students in my neighborhood. I use proven step by step methods to teach concepts and make learning fun!
IT leader with Bachelor of Science (BS) focused in Computer Science from Brooklyn College. Excellent communicator with strong verbal, written and technical skills.
Project Management: Initiation, Requirements Analysis, Develop Scope & Specifications, Project Planning, Risk Management, Change Management
Soft Skills: Conflict Resolution, Negotiation, Public Speaking and Presenting, Stakeholder Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership
Technical Skills: Custom Software Development, Database Design (RDBMS), Systems Engineering, System Migrations/Integrations, Conversion, Testing, Training
Software: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Crystal Reports, Visual Studio, SharePoint, Prism, CA PPM
Databases: Microsoft SQL, Oracle, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Microsoft Access
Mount Sinai Health System New York, NY: 5/2017 – 11/2018
Agile Coach/ScrumMaster, Epic IT PMO
• Coached cross-functional teams to roll out Epic electronic medical record (EMR) modules to practices using Scrum methodology
• Performed bi-weekly sprint planning and to guide team through the entire SDLC
• Served as ScrumMaster and conducted daily standups
• Created sprint burndown charts to analyze team’s performance and suggest improvements
• Presented project progress, roadblocks and risks to program directors
Program Management Consultant, IT Population Health Team
• Managed program to implement 2 software solutions for care management teams; Delivered on time and on budget
o Executed aggressive 6 week project, to send real-time alerts for 350K attributed patients to care management team based on change in patient status
o Planned and led 3 week sprints to deliver enhancements to alerts as well as reports
o Performed analysis for senior leadership to measure effectiveness of alerts
o Implemented web-based solution to track patients in a post-acute care setting
o Reviewed contract deliverables with vendor to identify gaps and prioritize future development
o Developed reports for senior leadership to highlight patient care trends
• Managed Clinical index quality program to provide quality measures for practices and implement provider portal
o Led project to calculate 63 quality measures using clinical data feeds for 3K providers
o Guided vendor through multiple revisions of program plan to adapt to new requirements and mitigate risks
o Implemented provider portal for 12 practices to submit quality measures
o Trained business users on how to use portal
o Served as liaison between senior stakeholders and third party vendor
Sr. Project Management Consultant, IT Clinical Application Team
• Salvaged troubled endoscopy software implementation project (ProVation)
• Created assessment and recommendation (SBAR) to document pros and cons of various solutions and decision on new direction
• Obtained agreement from stakeholders and vendor on new scope and timelines
• Created new enterprise server and database architecture for endoscopy application
• Migrated application server and database to new enterprise platform in less than 2 months
• Rebuilt registration, scheduling and results interface to Epic electronic medical record (EMR)
• Created and executed detailed integrated test scripts
• Managed vendor relationship and ensured timely completion of tasks and deliverables
• Presented weekly progress to project sponsor, stakeholders, end users and Sr. leadership
• Managed project to load 3 years of historical endoscopy results into clinical data repository
NYC Health and Hospitals New York, NY: 9/2015 – 4/2017
Project Manager (Sr. Consultant MIS): 2015 – 2017
• Managed $27M enterprise radiology integration program consisting of 5 projects: technology solution upgrade, business intelligence, concierge services, peer review and data migration
• Designed new enterprise architecture on centralized VMs for Philips fetal monitoring and tracing application
• Upgraded fetal monitoring software at 3 facilities and implemented interfaces to Epic EMR
• Managed installation of new point of care handheld devices and interface to EMR
• Presented weekly to CIO and senior management regarding key project milestones and risks
• Developed infrastructure architecture diagrams and cost estimates for 6 new business requests
• Tracked milestones, deliverables and risks using SharePoint
Growe Technologies, Inc. St Paul, MN (Outsourced to SUNY Downstate Medical Center Brooklyn, NY): 12/2013 – 4/2015
• Led testing effort across diverse hospital systems
• Managed project to install HP Sprinter and Quality Center from inception including market research, writing RFP and project charter.
• Executed multi-department test scenarios in conjunction with eight subject matter experts.
• Provided onsite support for go-lives.
Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. Chicago, IL (Outsourced to NorthShore-LIJ Health System Lake Success, NY): 2/2013 – 11/2013
• Led team of 3 programmers, 2 business analysts and associate manager.
• Oversaw development of over 100 custom enhancements and modifications to SCM (Sunrise Clinical Manager.)
• Coordinated with Allscripts corporate the development, testing and implementation of custom MLMs (medical logic modules) and objects plus DLLs to meet client’s needs.
• Conducted interim performance reviews and weekly one on one meetings to review progress and priorities as well as provide feedback on accomplishments and areas for improvement.
• Managed day to day operations of team members including resource allocation and timesheets.
• Organized knowledge sharing and cross training sessions between developers and business analysts.
• Reviewed resumes and conducted interviews for associate manager, developer, and business analyst.
• Trained associate manager, developer, and business analyst as part of onboarding procedures.
Meta Health Technology Incorporated NY, NY: 7/2001 – 11/2012
Sr. Project Manager: 2004 - 2012
• Led major implementation of new software at 8 facilities at NorthShore-LIJ Health System. Designed and implemented data conversion from 3rd party vendors as well as interfaces to existing hospital systems. Project was active for 3 years.
• Led enterprise wide program for 70 hospitals at Health Management Associates to convert all 70 hospitals from old client server solution and databases to web based solution and one centralized database within rollout deadline of 9 months.
• Implemented diverse hospital systems and related interfaces at South Nassau Communities Hospital.
• Implemented diverse hospital systems and related interfaces at St Vincents Medical Center.
• Led design of 12 large scale application enhancements at Montefiore Medical Center. Enhancements were specific to the client’s workflow.
Developer: 2002 - 2003
• Coded database scripts and stored procedures for Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and Sybase SQL Anywhere.
• Developed enhancements to home-grown web based helpdesk to give users the ability to download new software and updates.
• Programmed portions of internet based electronic signature program.
• Programmed major enhancements in existing applications, new interfaces and conversion programs.
• Collaborated with other programmers and helped debug their projects.
Customer Support: 2001 - 2002
• Provided specialized training on company’s applications and crystal reports.
• Demonstrated new software and participated in sales meetings prior to implementations.
• Provided client customer support after implementation.
• Developed Crystal Reports using dictionaries, database queries and stored procedures.
• Investigated, reproduced, and solved problems reported by users.
• Performed Quality Assurance on executables prior to release to clients.
• Set up barcode printing hardware and software at client site.
EDUCATION Brooklyn College of The City University of New York
Bachelor of Science, Computer & Information Science.
Overall GPA: 3.9/4.0
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest C lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, C++ lessons for all!
Taking microsoft excel lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|