My average lesson starts off with checking if they have any questions about the previous session and if they would like more time covering it. If they are happy to move on we would move on to going over what they are studying in class going over examples and running through questions.
Closer to exam time I use a mixture of past papers and other exam level material to create mock exams that they will not have encountered before that they are able to complete between lessons and cover the questions that they have issues with during the next lesson.
I always want to make sure that the student is put first and that all their needs are met. If they already are aware of a specific learning environment that they respond well to I will do my best to foster this.
I am a third-year Computer Science student studying at Heriot-Watt University. I have been tutoring informally since I sat my own exams in 2017, always giving any friends that were struggling a second perspective on any material that they were unsure of.
Since a young age, I have had an affinity towards maths and computers often using my spare time to make games, websites and other projects and I love to share my passion with others.
As a Computer Science student, I have learned exceptionally transferable skills including; a keen analytical eye, strong teamworking, time management and problem-solving abilities. All of these I will be able to use when tutoring student.
I am aware that no two students are ever the same and that is why part of the first lessons is focused on finding out what style of learning that the student will respond best to and what parts of the syllabus they need reinforced.
visit hillistutoring.uk for more information
2018-2022 BSc Computer Science, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh with B+ grade average.
This course covers varied subjects from within the Computer Science world. From networking and app-building to more mathematical work with lambda calculus, discrete mathematics, set theory, and logic. This has allowed me to ensure that I have stayed at the top of my game.
2017-2018 HNC Computing, New College Lanarkshire, Motherwell.
College was the perfect stopgap between highschool and higher education. It allowed me to get my feet wet with the more independent learning strategies employed by higher education while also furthering my knowledge in the area of computing. After getting an A in the final graded unit I had the option to stay on and do an HND but ultimately I choose to leave for university.
2012-2017 Hamilton Grammar School, Hamilton.
I graduated high school in 2017 with
National 5 Chemistry
National 5 & Higher Mathematics
National 5 & Higher Computer Science
National 5 & Higher Physics
National 5 & Higher Graphical Design
Nation 5 & Higher English
Before leaving I was awarded prefect and spent any study periods helping classmates with work.
Chiquitos, Fountain Park
September 2019 – March 2020
As a Bartender I would:
• Set out cocktail equipment
• Cut fresh fruit for cocktails
• Make cocktails
• Pour both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
• Brew both teas and coffees
• Clean all equipment and the end of the night
• Stock control
• Ensure bar always stays clean
Bedlam Paintballing, Winchburgh
November 2018 – Current Day
As a marshal I would:
• Set out equipment for the day
• Welcome guests and help them with insurance forms
• Take guests out to and run paintball matches
• Help run the store, selling more equipment and food
• Clean all equipment at the end of the day
• Help close and lock up
New College Lanarkshire, Motherwell
November 2017 – May 2018
As part of my HNC Computing course, I volunteered in the technical support kiosk. During my time there I would:
• Take customers details
• Take note of the reported issues
• Come up with probable cause and solution
• Resolve both software are hardware issues
• Return hardware to clients with an explanation of what was changed and fixed
The Radstone Hotel, Larkhall
November 2017 – August 2018
As a Waiter/Bar Staff at the Radstone I:
• Take customer orders in a restaurant and function environment
• Handle customer complaints and queries
• Clean and polish silverware
• Clean, clear and reset tables
• Take food and drink orders out to customers
• Make both simple drinks and cocktails
• Bar maintenance
• Taking note of, and replenishing stock
Centreplate, Celtic Park
July 2017- November 2017
Customer Service/Hospitality Assistant responsible for:
• Communicating menu options
• Accepting and fulfilling food and soft drink orders
• Cash handling using both an electronic point of sale and mental arithmetic
• Delivery of exceptional customer service
• Resolution of customer complaints
RM Education, Bellshill
I completed 1 week of work experience at RM Education in October 2015. During my time there I was responsible for:
• Listening to and interpreting/relating complex customer
Dale is a fantastic tutor as he really knows his subjects well and he is always well prepared with helpful learning material.
Dale has a passion for learning and for sharing his knowledge with others. He has a flexible approach which let's him adapt to each ndividual and focus on what they need and a calm and patient manner.
computer programming lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest programming languages lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, computer science lessons for all!
Taking photoshop lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|