I firstly like to know how best the student works and then build on this to guide them into a routine with their learning, helping them to become more confident in the subject. I like to break down the bigger task into smaller and more understandable elements to ensure that the student not only gets the right outcome, but also understand the process that they went through to get there.
I have previously been a GCSE English tutor and have also had work experience teaching after school English lessons for primary school students. I have attained an A* in both GCSE English Literature and English Language and an A in A-level English. I am currently on track to achieve a 2:1 in my degree.
University of Surrey – Education Intern (September 2018 - )
• Working within the Technology Enhanced Learning department to improve teaching and learning at the university.
• Developing communication skills and expanding knowledge in marketing and research.
Marks and Spencer - Customer Assistant (July 2017 – September 2017)
• Engaged with customers in order to ensure their needs were met where possible.
• Frequently worked additional shifts at short notice in response to business need.
• Sorted and restocked clothing rails.
Boots UK - Customer Assistant (September 2015 - September 2016)
• Obtained valuable skills in public relations and interacting with different customers.
• Responsible for cashing up the tills on multiple occasions at the end of the working day.
• Stocked and restocked shelves
Teaching Assistant - Burnt Oak Junior School (July 2015)
• Assisted teachers within the classroom and on trips outside of the school.
• Involved in designing display boards and planning lesson activities.
GCSE English Tutor - Hurstmere School (May 2015 and October 2015 – June 2016)
• One-to-one tuition at GCSE level in which I experienced how to deal with students in an individual working environment and how to work in an efficient and professional manner.
English Teacher - Bexley Council Expressions Programme (February – May 2015)
• Taught lessons for and supported primary school pupils in English through self-planned and taught after school sessions in preparation for their 11+.
News Reporter – New Shopper Young Reporter Scheme (September 2014 – May 2015)
• Wrote articles reporting on events in the local area on a monthly basis which were submitted on the News Shopper website.
Education & Qualifications
September 2016 – present: University of Surrey – English Literature (expected 2:1)
• Strong focus on communication both written and orally
• Time management and organisation
• Research and analyse complex written information and literary theory
• Critical reasoning and analysis
• Effectively conveying arguments and opinions and thinking creatively
• Articulating knowledge and understanding of texts, concepts and theories
• Group work and independent work
• Leading and participating in discussions
June 2016: Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School – A Level:
• A*AB (Fine Art, English Literature, Geography)
• Nominated as an Art Prefect – hosted gallery and designed promotional materials.
June 2014: Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School – GCSE:
• 11 GCSEs (3 A*s, 7 As, 1 B, including an A* in both English Literature and Language, and an A in Maths)
• Awards: Received an award for achieving excellent GCSE results.
Skills and Attributes
• IT skills – I have achieved the Microsoft Office Specialist Certification in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Self-motivated – I am an individual who pushes myself to do my best at university and at work and will continue to persevere which is shown through my academic achievements.
• Enthusiastic – I believe enthusiasm is as important in work and studies as it is in any extracurricular activities or sports. I try to always show this enthusiasm in all that I do in order to fulfil targets and achieve goals.
• Effective time management – I have effectively balanced my studies and extracurricular activities for a sustained period of time which shows my skills in prioritising tasks and being as efficient with my time as possible.
• Languages - English (native speaker), German (conversational)
Achievements and Extracurricular Activities:
• Sports Leaders Level 1 Qualification
• English Literature Society
• Sport – Hockey, Athletics, Gym
• Reading - American and Romantic Literature, Science Fiction.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|