A steadfast approach to essay skills and competent writing are essential within History and English studies with both overlapping in this area. With my tutoring, we will aim to balance extensive content knowledge with a flowing essay style, an improvement many struggle to achieve. A key aspect of studying still remains your comprehension of a subject, so never dismiss a good documentary or historical film as a source!
My passions for History (particularly American history and 20th century conflict, my specialisms) have lead me to advance my career in education further as I'm currently studying for a Masters Degree in my home city of Manchester. I have accumulated over two years of tutoring experience, guiding those from GCSE to A-Level to success.
I am an extremely driven and motivated individual, one that prides punctuality and commitment to the job at hand. I can function well within a team under a structured environment as well as being able to handle leadership. The chance to motivate others and lead a group doesn’t detract from my own personal work ethic.
- I have a strong drive to succeed and endeavour to perfect any given task.
- Ability to work independently on a structured schedule, function within a team and confidently lead a team under stressful conditions.
- I am an extremely disciplined individual and pride myself on punctuality and attendance.
- I am responsible, sensible, practical and always willing to rise to a new challenge.
- I have held a clean driving licence for over 5 years.
- Key subjects covered in my tutoring experience: English Literature, English Language, History, Geography & R.E.
- Year groups covered during tutoring: Year 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13 (GCSE and A-Level courses are covered in depth for History and English courses). I have taught in both a classroom and a one-to-one setting, presenting ideas and teaching in a number of ways, often with power-point and visual aids for student engagement.
- Full experience of teaching online sessions on a number of applications (Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype).
- Special emphasis on teaching exam technique and coursework demands, helping students to understand the mechanics of how to answer, coupled with the course content itself.
- Tutoring companies employed currently: Joanne Hindle’s School of Excellence (Sep 2019-present) & Tutor With Confidence (Oct 2020-present)
- Up-to date and completed DBS check completed.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Manchester Metropolitan University (2014-2017)
BA (Hons) History
Degree Classification – 2:1
-The degree course helped me to investigate and research thoroughly as independent coursework and exam practice was crucial.
-Historical sourcing of information, texts, books, quotes and photographs were a key component of progression, not only in my historical skillset, but of my written one as well. Achieving a degree-level standard of essay writing was imperative when collaborating my research, flowing seamlessly in analysis.
- A skill I thrived in was that of the ability to coordinate, verbally communicate and lead confidently during team presentations, showcasing a variety of information via sustained, structured and reasoned oral arguments, without a heavy reliance on visual aids.
- Through my strong work ethic I succeeded in many strict coursework deadlines due to excellently planned time management, efficiency, self-discipline and organisational skills.
Manchester Metropolitan University (2021-ongoing)
Postgraduate Master’s Degree (MPhil) – History & Heritage
Degree Classification: Pending
-Postgraduate Study has expanded my skills involving historical observation and independent research.
-Advanced archival research has become essential within this course, improving skills in finding specific source content.
-The course has allowed me to evaluate the past in a context of historical heritage, something MMU has become specialised in, identifying the key components of significance within the modern day.
-Key research into UNESCO and World Heritage Sites and their Grade classifications therein.
Wellington School Sixth Form, A-Levels (2012-2014)
English Literature – A
History – B
Art – C
Film Studies (AS) – A
Wellington School, GCSE’s (2007-2012)
English Literature - A
English Language - B
Maths - C
Double Science – B, B
Art – A
History – A
Physical Education – A
Design & Technology – B
German – C
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£85||£100|