I am a teacher and performer who is passionate about the teaching process as well as the challenge and exhilaration of live music performance.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Piano, Singing, Guitar, Theory, all the Aural Elements to the classical and jazz grades.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Honours Degree from the University of Birmingham
Piano and Theory to Grade 8
EJMA Jazz Masters, Switzerland
- How much do you charge?
40ph is for lessons at my location. The price for visits may vary depending on location and peak/off-peak
- Where do you teach?
I travel to most of my children students, but my adult students tend to visit me.
- When are you available?
As of March 2018, after school availability for kids is Mon 5-6pm / Tue 4-6pm / Wed 4-5pm
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
My youngest pupil is 4, oldest 71. I believe that combining the basic principles of repetition & logic with the love of the beauty & symmetry of music, you can teach anyone at any age.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Grades 1-8 Piano, Vocal, Theory, Guitar.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I love music and teaching and very much and hope to convey this love to you or your family as best as possible, based on my experience, training and inner beliefs.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Currently I teach piano and singing in a Secondary School in Wembley. I have been teaching privately for 11 years since completing international tours and cruise ship contracts. I have helped young students achieve admission to The Sylvia Young Theatre School, as singers, and helped others gain Scholarships to Haberdashers Aske's Boy's school as pianists. I have also successfully helped adult professionals prepare for auditions for Les Miserables, Wicked and Matilda.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. The Academy where I teach part-time required that I have a DBS certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
In London with Margo Krut, Amanda Quinn and Angela Brownridge (formidable concert pianist and jazz pianist). In Switzerland with Muriel Dubuis and Fabrice Lecamp.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I teach about 20 children and 5 adults.
• BA Hons Music and Psychology
• EJMA Jazz Masters
• CRB checked
• Musicians Union
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|