Hello! I'm Dave, a freelance cellist. I teach people of all ages and abilities in Lambeth, Southwark, Lewisham, and Bromley!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach the cello, violin (beginner and intermediate), GCSE/A Level Music, Chamber Music, and ABRSM Graded Music Theory Exams.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
2012: MMus in Solo Performance (Distinction) from the Royal Northern College of Music (RNCM)
2010: First Class BA(Hons) in music from Leeds College of Music (LCM). Prizes: Hyde Prize for Cello, Marjorie Ziff Concerto Prize, Robert Tebb Trophy for Outstanding Classical Performance, Fred and Ethel Tolson Memorial Prize for Strings, and the Joseph Stones Scholarship.
- How much do you charge?
£20 for 30 minutes
£30 for 45 minutes
£40 for 60 minutes
- Where do you teach?
I teach at my home in Gipsy Hill. I can travel to you if you're not too far from mine.
- When are you available?
My timetable is very flexible. I am confident I can find a time that suits us both.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all ages and abilities - you are never too old to start!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare my students for any exams, but the most popular choice is the ABRSM Graded Examinations. I am also able to prepare students for scholarship auditions, music college auditions and orchestral auditions. Learning for fun is also great!
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I look forward to meeting you, and showing you how rewarding learning the cello is! Let's make music!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Teaching experience: I have taught both privately and in schools for many years. I have also given many cello sectionals and coached various different chamber ensembles. In 2013, I was a cello professor at Leeds College of Music where I taught on the Further Education course.
Performing experience: Years of experience freelancing all over the world. I regularly record for film and television, and frequently appear on BBC Radio 4. Recent engagements include performing on the following West Ends shows: The Girls Musical, Kinky Boots, and An American In Paris. Recent orchestral work includes Manchester Camerata and Manchester Concert Orchestra.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
Royal Northern College of Music: Emma Ferrand (DipRAM, ARAM, FRNCM)
Leeds College of Music: Juliet Welchman and Judith Burgin (DipRCM, ARCM)
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The Musician's Union.
European String Teachers Association.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
My current students include those taking ABRSM Graded Examinations, and those wanting to learn for fun. They also vary in age - from 9 to 70+!
• Master of Music (Solo Performance) - Royal Northern College of Music
• Bachelor of Arts (with Honours) - Leeds College of Music
• DBS Checked - Certificate in Date
• Musician's Union
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||£40||Not available|