My classes are dynamic and focus on high quality interaction with students. The lesson given by me cover a wide range of aspects from vocabulary enrichment, accent reduction, reading comprehension etc. And I can also tailor my lessons according to students' requests.
I am a multilingual business graduate who has language teaching experience at an educational institution. I taught English and Japanese to 20 students in China. I also have extensive experience in translation. I have been offering English/Chinese/Japanese/Korean translation services for three social media sites. I have also produced over 15 translated and subtitled video clips.
MSc Accounting Durham University 2017 - present
Student Representative of the programme. Core modules and marks are as follows; Corporate Governance (76), Financial Planning and Control (78), Audit and Assurance Services (66), Corporate Reporting (65).
BSc (Hons) Accounting, Business Finance and Management (High 2.1 Class)
University of York 2013 – 2016
Core modules include; Strategic Management of Risk, Business Planning, Corporate Finance. I have acquired extensive knowledge of strategic management and business environment. I have also developed research and problem-solving skills through the completion of a business proposal as part of Business Planning module.
Finance Assistant Hangzhou Yuhang Careyou Hospital, China 2017
● Took part in our family business during my gap year and helped my father who takes the role of CFO with producing and analysing relevant financial statements.
● Gathered required information and prepared documents for senior team members
Language Teacher Zhegui Education, China 2017
● Delivered one to one English classes to 10 high school students
● Assessed students’ feedback with discretion and kept them confidential
Part-time Cashier Chi-yip Supermarket, York 2014-2015
● Served customers in a polite and professional manner and with attention to detail
● Explained product information to customers clearly and addressed their needs efficiently
Volunteer Durham University 2017-present
● Take part in volunteering activities in partnership with local schools such as A Way Out and Primary School Clubs
● Do physical exercises and paintings with school kids
Treasurer Japanese Society, University of York 2014 - 2016
● Kept records of all transactions and was in charge of the money box
● Made deliberate financial decisions and helped the committee gain over £300 profits from selling memberships and event entry tickets
Event officer Japanese Society, University of York 2013 - 2014
● Organised and promoted society events on social media to get members of over 20 nationalities involved
● Contacted and negotiated with local pubs and restaurants to get the venues arranged
Hobbies and Interests
I translate news articles and celebrity interviews in Japanese or Korean to Chinese or English for three international forums.
In my spare time I also do video editing and add translated subtitles to the original video clips.
IT Skills: Word, MS Access, Excel. PowerPoint; Video editing (Aegisub, Vegas pro edit)
Languages: English, Mandarin, Japanese
Perfect! Renee is a brilliant tutor and lovely person, highly recommended!
chinese lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest mandarin lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - chinese lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - chinese lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|