I am doctorate in electrical engineering from reputed Indian university (MANIT, Bhopal) and presently working as foreign expert in Hawassa university, Ethiopia under united nation development project. i have handling diploma, undergraduate, post graduate and doctorate classes. i am using practical as well as theoretical way of teaching my students.
As the engineering is the practical field it is very important to teach in practical way. moreover electricity is not visible, hence it is more significant to visualize it by teaching. This visualization will very helpful for the students to understand the different concepts of electrical engineering.
As i am working as university instructor, normally i am handling four hours class in normal working days. In my weekends i am handling six hours weekends classes also. the size of the classes are vary from 20 to 120 students. normally most of my students getting higher grades in my subjects along with good exposure to research field. most of my post graduate students published their research papers in reputed journals.
Dr. Baseem Khan
Hawassa University Institute of Technology +(concealed information), +(concealed information)
School of Electrical & Computer Engineering (concealed information) (concealed information)
Hawassa, Southern Region 05
Goal oriented professional with strong analytical skills as demonstrated by scientific background. Have strong ability to lead projects and perform exceptionally as a team leader and player. Possess extensive experience (International and domestic) in teaching and research. Excellent written and communication skills as demonstrated by publications and presentations.
Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering, Nov, 2014
¬Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, (NIT, Bhopal), Bhopal, India
¬Area: Restructured Power System
¬Master of Technology in Power system with CGPA 8.69, Aug, 2010
¬Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, (NIT, Bhopal) Bhopal, India
¬Area: Power System Reliability
¬Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering with 79.00%, June 2008
¬Rajiv Gandhi Technical University, Bhopal, India
¬Area: Electrical Engineering
Higher Secondary Certification in Mathematics Stream with 87.1 %, June 2004
Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Bhopal, India
High School Certification with 86.4%, June 2002
Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education, Bhopal, India
¬¬Analysis / R&D
¬MATLAB, Simulink, ETAP
¬PLC, SCADA, HOMER ¬Problem Solving
¬Highly motivated with strong work
¬Game Theory, Optimization ¬Communications
¬Good Communication skill
English Language Proficiency
• Valid International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Test Overall Score of 6.5.
• Valid Pearson Test of English (PTE) Score Card with Overall Score of 55.
Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology Bhopal, India 01/2011 - 06/2014
National Institute of Technology Bhopal, India
• ¬Performed and published an analysis on development of unified methodology for allocation of transmission system usage cost, loss cost and evaluation of reliability margin
• N-1 line outage contingency condition is incorporated in load flow program, then reliability margin of transmission lines are calculated
• FACTS devices are incorporated in load flow studies. For economic analysis point of view, FACTS installation cost (IC) is allocated to users. Payback period is also calculated.
• Implementation of cooperative gaming in the pool market using Shapley and Nucleolus approach
Working Experience: Total 4.5 Years
International Experience: 2 years
Hawassa University Institute of Technology Hawassa, Ethiopia 10/2015 - Present
Public University of Ethiopia
• ¬Worked in conjunction with a team of research students on experiments.
• Independently maintained and calibrated lab equipment
• Performing academic responsibility
• Handling Post graduate courses
• Guiding MSc thesis and completed 16 MSc Thesis
National Experience: 2.5Years
SCOPE College of Engineering Bhopal, India 07/2014-09/2015
State Technical University affiliated College
• ¬Performed administrative and academic duties
• Handling Post graduate courses
• Supervised M.E. thesis and completed 02 M.E. Thesis
Radharaman Engineering College Bhopal, India 05/2010-12/2010
State Technical University affiliated College
• ¬Performed academic responsibility
• Student counselling
Presentations and Publications
International Journals: 14
1. ¬B. Khan and P. Singh, "Selecting a Meta-Heuristic Technique for Smart Micro-Grid Optimization Problem: A Comprehensive Analysis," in IEEE Access, vol. 5, no. , pp. 13(concealed information), 2017. Indexed in SCI, Thomson Reuters, Impact Factor: 3.244.
2. Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Anuprita Mishra, "An Approach for Transmission Loss and Cost Allocation by Loss Allocation Index and Cooperative Game Theory", Journal of The Institution of Engineers (India): Series B Electrical, Electronics & Telecommunication and Computer Engineering, Volume 97, Number 1, Springer, (Indexed in Scopus) 2250-2106.
3. ¬Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Samina E Mubeen, Garima Naidu, "A TCSC Incorporated Power Flow Model for Embedded Transmission Usage and Loss Allocation" AASRI Journal Elsevier, 7 (2014) 45-50. ISSN: 2212-6716. (1 citation)
4. ¬Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Gaurav Gupta, Pawan Rathore, "A Power Flow Tracing based Method for Transmission Usage, Loss & Reliability Margin Allocation", AASRI Journal Elsevier 7 ( 2014 ) 94 - 100. ISSN: 2212-6716. (4 citations)
5. Kinfe Negash, Baseem Khan, Estifanos Yohannes, “Artificial Intelligence versus Conventional Mathematical Techniques: A Review for Optimal Placement of Phasor Measurement Units, journal of Technology and Economics of Smart Grids and Sustainable Energy (2016) 1:10 Springer.
6. Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Pawan Rathore, Anuprita Mishra, Garima Naidu, "A Cooperative Game Theory Approach for Usage and Reliability Margin Cost Allocation under Contingent Restructured Market", Vol 9, No 4 (2014) pp 854-862, International Review of Electrical Engineering, Praise worthy prize Publication. (Impact factor: 0.719) e-ISSN: 1827-6679.
7. ¬Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "A Comprehensive Review of Embedded Transmission Pricing Methods Based on Power Flow Tracing Techniques", Chinese Journal of Engineering, Hindawi Publication, Volume 2013, ISSN No: 2314-8063, (Indexed in Scopus) (2 citations)
8. ¬Baseem khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Gaurav Gupta, Pawan Rathore, Garima Naidu, "Reliability Indices Approach for Transmission Usage, Loss and Reliability Margin Cost Allocation under N-1 Contingent Restructured Market", Wulfenia Journal, Volume. 21, Issue. 2, 2014, ISSN No:1561-882X.
9. ¬Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "Optimal Transmission Network Usage and Loss Allocation Using Matrices Methodology and Cooperative Game Theory", International Journal of Electrical Science and Engineering, WASET, Vol 2, No 4, November 2013, ISSN No: 2200-5846. (1 citation)
10. ¬Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "An Approach for Transmission Usage & Loss Allocation by Graph Theory", WSEAS Transactions on Power Systems, Volume 9, 2014, E-ISSN: 2224-350X. (Indexed in Scopus)
11. Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Anuprita Mishra, Gaurav Gupta, “A reliability based approach for optimal Transmission usage and loss allocation”, Electrical and Electronics Engineering: An International Journal, Vol 2, No 4, November 2013, ISSN No: 2200-5846.
12. Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, Gaurav Gupta, “A multipurpose matrices methodology for transmission usage, loss and reliability margin allocation in restructured environment”, Electrical & Computer Engineering: An International Journal, Volume 2, Number 3, September 2013, ISSN No: 2201-5957. (6 citations)
13. Mulualem T. Yeshalem, Baseem Khan “Design of an off-grid hybrid PV/wind power system for remote mobile base station: A case study. AIMS Energy, 2017, 5(1): 96-112. (Indexed in ESCI, Thomson Reuters), (Indexed in Scopus)
14. R Kumar, SC Gupta, B Khan, “Power transfer distribution factor estimate using DC load flow method”, International Journal of Advanced Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IJAEEE), volume 2, 155-159, 2013. (2 citations).
15. Pawan Rathore, Ganga Agnihotri, Baseem Khan, Garima Naidu, “Transmission usage and cost allocation using Shapley value and tracing method: A comparison”, Electrical and Electronics Engineering: An International Journal (ELELIJ) Vol 3, pp.11-29. (2 citations).
Accepted Research Papers: 04
1. Pawan Singh, Baseem Khan, “Smart Micro-gird Energy Management using a Novel Artificial Shark Optimization”, accepted in Complexity, Wiley-Hindawi Publication. Indexed in SCI, Thomson Reuters, Impact Factor: 4.621
2. Baseem Khan, Pawan Singh, “The Current and Future States of Ethiopia’s Energy Sector and Potential for Green Energy: A Comprehensive Study”, accepted in International Journal of Engineering Research in Africa, Trans Tech Publications, Indexed in ESCI, Thomson Reuters and SCOPUS.
3. Yishak Kifle, Baseem Khan, Jitendra singh,” Designing and Modeling Grid Connected Photovoltaic System: (Case Study: EEU Building at Hawassa city)”, accepted in International Journal of Convergence Computing (IJConvC), Inderscience publications.
4. Baseem Khan, Firew Mulugeta, Jitendra singh, “Reactive Power Pricing Using Average Participation Factors (Case Study: Southern Region Power System Network, Ethiopia)”, accepted in international journals of computing and applications.
5. Baseem Khan, Pawan Singh, “Optimal Power Flow Techniques under Characterization of Conventional and Renewable Energy Sources: A Comprehensive Analysis”, accepted in Journal of Engineering, Hindawi publication. Indexed in ESCI, Thomson Reuters and SCOPUS.
International Conferences: 13
1. Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "A Novel Transmission Loss Allocation Method based on Transmission Usage", Power India Conference, 2012 IEEE Fifth, Haryana, India. (1citation)
2. ¬Baseem khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "A novel transmission loss allocation method considering effect of compensation", International Conference on Electrical Sciences (ICES - 2012), September 14th-15th, 2012.
3. ¬Anuprita Sandeep Mishra, Baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "Embedded Cost Allocation with Shapley Approach Using Tracing and Sensitivity Factors to Identify Coalition Cost: A Comparative Study", Proceedings of The EE Centenary Conference, IISc, Bangalore, 15-17 December, 2011.
4. ¬Pawan Rathore, Ganga Agnihotri, Baseem Khan, Gaurav Gupta, "Optimal Transmission Pricing with Reliability Indices", paper accepted in IEEE International Conference on Green Computing, Communication and Electrical Engineering (ICGCCEE 2014), 06- 08, March 2014,Coimbatore.
5. ¬Pawan Rathore, Ganga Agnihotri, Baseem Khan, Gaurav Gupta, "Transmission Pricing based on power flow tracing methodology with consideration of system reliability", IEEE Students Conference on Engineering and Systems (SCES), 2014, pp 1-6, may, 2014. (1citation)
6. ¬Rathore, Pawan; Agnihotri, Ganga; Khan, Baseem; Gupta, Gaurav, "Transmission pricing scheme under contingency conditions in open access market," 18th IEEE National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), 2014 , vol., no., pp.1,6, 18-20 Dec. 2014.
7. ¬Gupta, K.; Khan, B.; Mubeen, S.E., "Available transfer capability enhancement by unified power flow¬controller," Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems (SPICES), 2015 IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,4, 19-21 Feb. 2015. (1 citation)
8. ¬Gupta, G.; Dubey, M.; Khan, B., "A PSO based approach for usage and cost allocation under contingent restructured market," Signal Processing, Informatics, Communication and Energy Systems (SPICES), 2015 IEEE International Conference on , vol., no., pp.1,5, 19-21 Feb. 2015.
9. ¬Swati khare, baseem Khan, Ganga Agnihotri, "A Shapley Value Approach for Transmission Usage Cost Allocation under Contingent Restructured Market", IEEE INBUSHERA 2015.
10. ¬Baseem Khan, Estifanos Yohannes, Samina E. Mubeen, "Transmission Usage and UPFC Installation Cost Allocation under Restructured Electricity Environment", 2016 IEEE PES Power Africa, Livingstone, 2016, pp. 209-212.
11. Rajeev Jha, Baseem Khan, Estifanos Yohannes, “Concentrated Solar Power Utility in Coal Based Thermal Power Plants”, 2016 IEEE PES Power Africa, Livingstone, 2016, pp. 149-152.
12. Mesfin Jariso, Baseem Khan, Damot Tesfaye, Jitendra singh, “Modelling and Designing of Stand-Alone Photovoltaic System (Case Study: Addis Boder Health Center south west Ethiopia)”, IEEE International conference on Electronics, communication, and aerospace Technology, ICECA 2017, pp. 168-173, 20-21 April, 2017, Coimbatore, India.
13. Kinfe Negash, Baseem Khan, Damot Tesfaye, M. Gayathri, “Optimal Placement of Phasor Measurement Unit for System Observability” Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Computing Methodologies and Communication, (ICCMC 2017), pp. 73-77, 18th-19th July 2017, Erode India.
Conferences/Workshops/Seminars Attended: 17
1. National Workshop on “Technical Innovations and Reforms in Energy Sector” held on 18-19 June 2012, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
2. National Conference on Power and Energy Systems (NCPES-2011) held on April 23-24, 2011 at Rajasthan Technical University, Kota.
3. Centenary Conference-Electrical Engineering Dept. Indian Institute of Science Bangalore held on 14-17 Dec. 2011.
4. National Conference on Applications of Evolutionary Computing Techniques in Electrical Engineering held on 16-17 Feb. 2012 at University institute of technology, Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal.
5. Seminar on “FACTS & Hybrid Energy Systems” held on 6-7 July 2011 at Electrical Engineering Dept. MANIT Bhopal.
6. National Workshop on “Recent Drifts in Electric Power System (RDEPS-2012)” held on 11 April 2012 at Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Technocrats Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
7. Faculty Development Program on “Challenges in Power Generation, Transmission, Distribution and Quality Control in Power Sector” held on 27 June-2 July 2012, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
8. Short Term Training Program on “Renewable Energy and Energy Security: Trends and Challenges” held on 16-20 Jan 2012 at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
9. Short Term Training Program on “Evolutionary Computing and Simulation Techniques in Engineering Applications” held on 2-6 July 2012 at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
10. National Workshop on “Smart Grid Technologies: Opportunities and Challenges” held on 11-12 Oct. 2012, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
11. National Workshop on “Recent Trends in Energy and Environment” held on 14-15 Sep. 2012, at Dept. of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Radharaman Group of Institutions, Bhopal.
12. National Workshop on “Technical Innovations and Reforms in Energy Sector” held on 30 Nov.-1 Dec. 2012, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
13. National workshop on” Energy Management in Smart Grid through Soft Computing” held on 13th – 15 th January 2014, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
14. 29th M.P. young scientist congress held at Vigyan Bhawan Bhopal during February 28 –March 1 2014.
15. Short Term Training Program on “Evolutionary Computing and Simulation Techniques in Engineering Applications” held on 1st -5 July 2013 at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
16. National workshop on” Energy Fuel cells and IEC 61850 implementation” held on 3th – 4th January 2013, at Dept. of Electrical Engineering, MANIT Bhopal.
17. National workshop on Control System under the national mission on education thorough ICT held on 02-12 Dec. 2014, organized by MHRD govt. of India and IIT Kharagpur.
• Doctoral scholarship for 4 years 2011.
• Post Graduate Scholarship for 2 years 2008.
• Qualified GATE (2008) with 96.03 percentile, all India rank 602.
• M.P. Young Scientist Fellowship 2014.
Academic and Career Accomplishment
• 1st Position in district and school in High school examination with distinction.
• 1st Position in school in higher secondary examination with distinction.
• Bachelor’s in Engineering with Honors.
• Campus placed in Energy Infra tech Pvt. Limited as graduate trainee engineer in 2008.
• Selected as Assistant Engineer (on contract basis) in M.P. Paschim kshetra Electricity Distribution Company (a state government owned organisation) in 2010.
• Selected as assistant professor (Faculty of PG Studies and Research in Engineering and Technology), at Marwadi Education Foundation’s group of Institutions with Salary package of 72,0000 INR per annum.
engineering lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£6||Not available||£3|
|5 hours||£22||Not available||£17|
|10 hours||£44||Not available||£33|