I am a Masters graduate in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics from LSE. I used to teach Microeconomics to second year undergraduates as a Graduate Teaching Assistant. I have trained as an Electrical Engineer and also have an MBA. I am very passionate about teaching and have PhD offers from multiple universities. I start by going over basics and materials covered in previous meeting and then start with a concept and a question. I believe that with sufficient patience and hard work any subject could be overcome and hence teach with that philosophy.
I have been unofficially teaching since i was 15. Given that I have younger siblings and I was good at Math and Science, used to be the doubt solver . I have also taught unoffical exam crashers to batches of more than 100 students during my MBA. Officially I have taught students in groups of 15 each as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at LSE. My students have rated me as a patient teacher with a good grasp on the basics and an effective communicator and have done well.
I can for a nominal rate create question papers for you
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE (LSE) London, UK.
MSc. in Econometrics and Mathematical Economics (full-time) August 2015 – July 2017
· Inlaks Scholar. 1 of 12 students across India to receive full scholarship worth GBP 68000 covering tuition and living expenses by the Inlaks Foundation
· Attained a Grade of 80% in the first year (Distinction)
· Staff-Student Liaison Committee(SSLC) Representative - Econometrics and Mathematical Economics
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT Calcutta, India.
Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) August 2012 – July 2014
· Attained a grade of 6.88/9
· Related coursework: Financial Analysis, Corporate Finance, Econometrics, Business Dynamics
· Charpak Scholar. Awarded full scholarship worth 2400 Euros by the French Embassy to pursue an exchange program in Management at EM-LYON, France
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Jodhpur, India.
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering August 2008 – July 2012
· Attained a grade of 9.39/10
· Related coursework: Economics for Engineers, Sociology, International Relations, Theory of Complex Networks
· Viterbi India Fellowship. 1 of 10 students across India to be awarded by INDO-US Science and Technology Forum to pursue a research fellowship at USC, LA (3000 USD)
· Head of Counselling Service. Led a 26 member team to improve standard of residential life for fresh UG’s
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
LONDON SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND POLITICAL SCIENCE (LSE) London, UK.
Graduate Teaching Assistant September 2016- June 2017
· To assist the lecturer by discussing material relevant to the course to undergraduate students.
· Teaching an intermediate microeconomics course combining intuition & mathematical thinking
HSBC Mumbai, India.
Auditor, Business and Regulatory Development May 2014- March 2015
· Understand Regulatory Landscape, track key changes to identify emerging risks in banking
· Analyzed major regulations such as Ring fencing, EMIR, Dodd Frank across global Regulators
· Conducted QoQ and YoY G-SIBS review in Q3 2014 for analyzing risks across banking peers
AgeUK London, UK.
Intern, Influencing – Macro Research December 2015- Jan 2016
· Analysed 10 year data to understand relationship between old age Mortality and Temperature
· Worked on Distributed Lag Models to look at effects of temperature on mortality using R and Excel
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
· Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Institute. Level 3 candidate
· GARP Financial Risk Management (FRM). Passed both levels
· Data Analysis – R, Python, Stata, EViews, MATLAB, GIS, Octave
Perfect! Dibya helped me with Advanced Mathematical Economics, the most difficult econ bachelors module. He was very knowledgable and provided background to each of the question problems to ensure that I was on the right track. He was patient but didn't waste a minute of the lessons. He screen records his ipad while he solves the questions and sent me the video recordings of the solutions later too. Thank you!
Perfect! What can I say, I feel lucky that I found Dibya! He is fantastic and excellent at explaining every topic related to mathematics, economics(any subject) and econometrics. Dibya helped me with my master's in economics and finance. Thank you so much!
Perfect! Dibya accompanied me for a year in Microeconomics and Econometrics at Oxford for the MPhil in Economics. He is brilliant in both subjects. The material was extremely advanced and I was always impressed by Dibya's willingness to engage with new material or re- and re-explain basics. He assigned homework, which helped me to progress further. I recommend him to anyone who is looking for an extremely bright, patient and committed tutor who identifies with the student and is ready to accept last minute questions. Brilliant work!
Excellent Student. Very hard working and diligent. One of the smartest people I have interacted with.
Perfect! Dibya is an excellent tutor, he takes the time to go over all the content that you need specific help on, and takes out extra time closer to exam time. He explains everything in a simplistic straightforward manner and goes at a speed that best suits the student. Dibya sets homework, and even set a mock exam close to the exam date. Best tutor that takes the time out to help you understand a subject to be fully prepared for the exam. Thank you for all your help, it is much appreciated.
Perfect! Dibya is very kind and easy to work with. He is an excellent tutor for those reasons as well because he is very pedagogical and put in great effort to explain and answer any questions. I therefore recommend this tutor!
Excellent student , very responsive
Excellent! Great tutor, friendly and patient. Willing to help out at short notice.
Perfect! Dibya is extremely knowledgeable of microeconomics on a graduate level and able to explain difficult theories in an easy to grasp way. As I did not have much time before my exam, Dibya was very flexible with regards to lesson scheduling, which I greatly appreciated. Thank you Dibya!
Daniel was a great student and very receptive to lessons
Perfect! Dibya displays the right combination of intellectual rigor and teaching skills, empathy and leadership. His expertise is profound. Great expertise; highly recommended!
Very diligent and smart
Excellent! Dibya is an excellent tutor. He taught me microeconomics as well as mathematical economics. I appreciated his flexibility, patience and professionalism. I now have a much better grasp of the topics because of him. I highly recommend him.
Perfect! Dibya is a great tutor, I'm finally starting to understand how Econometrics works and how it all fits together. Since I am preparing for my upcoming exam, he is helping me work my way through the lectures but he explains everything in a simple and unique way, coming up with his own fun examples and exercises. He knows his stuff and he also knows the best way to make the student understand, so if you are struggling with econometrics and if the textbook and lecture slides are way too overcomplicated, I would 100% recommend Dibya. He is very friendly and intelligent, and will make you smash your exam!
You are a good student as well. Congratulations on your first.
Dibya is one of the most hardworking people I know. He is an extremely able tutor and a dedicated teacher. As a graduate teaching assistant at LSE he carried out his responsibilities to the best of his capacity and was lauded for his teaching.
economics lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest microeconomics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, finance lessons for all!
Taking econometrics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£400|